John Barnsley (Barnsley)

Al Taylor (Doncaster)

Chris Brooke (Sheffield)

Bridgey (York)

Admission £4.00

Niagara Conference & leisure Centre Niagara Road

Sheffield

S6 1LU

(The Niagara Conference and Leisure Centre is situated in Sheffield just off the A61 Penistone Road North, behind the Carphone Warehouse)

For further information contact:-

Steve: 07951713882 - sfoster@fsmail.net

or

Martin: 07777629114martin.a2.smith@btinternet.com

Route 61 soul night Niagara Road Sheffield S6 1LU

Resident DJ's Steve Foster & Soulman Martin with John Barnsley

Guest DJ. Bridgey (York)

Friday 29th April 2 pm till 12.30 am, £4.00 O.T.D.

Edited by soul guy fozzie
  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A bank holiday and Route 61 on the same day, it cant get much better than that.

Best come early to what promises to be another top night at Route 61

See you all on the 29th April

Martin

Edited by Guest

A bank holiday and Route 61 on the same day, it cant get much better than that.

Best come early to what promises to be another top night at Route 61

See you all on the 29th April

Martin

Could be shorts & vest for that night if this weather keeps up :D :D:shades::thumbsup: although maybe not :lol: :lol: :yes: should be a good one though & another chance to hear ( Candi Staton you got the upper hand ) from Bridgey along with all the other records he has spent megga bucks on .

See ya'll soon :lol: Fozzie

Guest DJ. Bridgey (York)

Fridayday 25th March 7-30 o clock till 12.30, £4.00 O.T.D.

We are really looking forward to this, especially after last month, we really did have a great night, unfortunately we had to leave about midnight as I was away at 5am, but it was definitely worth only getting 3 hours shut eye....:ohmy: However, this month we will be there at 7.30 (don't want to miss a single choon) and we won't be leaving until after the last record....:thumbsup:

I'll make sure it's in the play-box for you Fozzie....:yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwp80BNj7iA

Bridgey & Linda

Edited by Bridgey

extra time - extra time - extra time

BANK HOLIDAY MINI DAYER SPECIAL

Route61 Sheffield

Hand Clapping Foot-stomping & Soulful

60s/70s Quality Northern Soul & Rare Motown - R & B and forgotten oldies,

Don't miss this one

Friday 29th April - 2 pm through till 12.30,

with extra DJs to be arranged

Resident DJ's Steve Foster & Soulman Martin, along with John Barnsley,

Guest DJ. Bridgey ( York )

Admission £4.00

Niagara Conference & leisure Centre Niagara Road

Sheffield

S6 1LU

(The Niagara Conference and Leisure Centre is situated in Sheffield just off the A61 Penistone Road North, behind the Carphone Warehouse)

For further information contact:-

Steve: 07951713882 - sfoster@fsmail.net

or

Martin: 07777629114 - martin.a2.smith@btinternet.com

Guest DJ. Bridgey (York)

Fridayday 25th March 2 pm through till 12.30am, £4.00 O.T.D.

We keep being asked to get a late extension on at Route and just can't get agreement with the management to do it.

So this time we'll settle for second best

AND START 6 HOURS EARLY! :hatsoff2:

So if you get tired of the Royal Wedding why not come down early and enjoy quality soul music and the licensed bar from 2pm.

Theres no better way to spend a Bank Holiday

Martin

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

:hatsoff2::thumbsup::rolleyes::wicked::ohmy: Brilliant this must not be missed great news top sounds brill venue , atmosphear , and a bank holiday MINI DAYER great stuff cya there

ktf.......

Eh up Martin,

Neil says do you want him to bring his records and do a Youth club hour for you? Take us back to our heady teenage years..............x yes.gifthumbup.gifonto.gif

Hya Licros. Can we let you know on that as we are just waiting confirmation of one more Dj then we will announce all DJs & maybe can fit Neil in ok.

Fozzie

Hya Lisa,

If you and Neil are going to the Robin Hood on Saturday we can have a chat and sort something out.

Martin

Won't be at Robin Hood Martin, going Harrogate for a boogie cos were posh, but if you want to ring us please do, 07525 933220 (Lisa's phone) could be a laugh and up for a go.

Neil

Hya Licros. Can we let you know on that as we are just waiting confirmation of one more Dj then we will announce all DJs & maybe can fit Neil in ok.

Fozzie

Hi Steve,

No problem I have put my number (Lisa's phone)on Martins quote below, give us a ring if you want, we will be coming anyway so either way should be a good do!

Neil

A great selection of Guest DJ's now confirmed for the 29th April:-

• Little john (Chesterfield)
  • John Barnsley (Barnsley)
  • Al Taylor (Doncaster)
  • Chris Brooke (Sheffield)
  • Bridgey (York)

Hope to see you there

Martin

Edited by Guest

Ayup Fozzie & Martin,

We will be with you at around 6pm (ish). Unfortunately, before you made this an all-dayer, Linda had made arrangements to do a "Royal Tea Party" for the Grand Kids. Ohhh, I can't wait....:thumbsup:

Anyway, gives me plenty of time to sort out & change round my play-box....:thumbsup:

KTF.................. Bridgey & Linda....:thumbup::ohmy::lol:

Great stuff Bridgey, be good to see you both down early.....you'll have plenty of time to sort your box of tricks out between 6 and your spot at 11.:rolleyes:

Just a quick note to say that the Niagara have arranged for bar food to be served to anyone coming between 2 and 6 cheese1.gif:yes:

Martin

Edited by Guest

So looking forwards to this one, the sun will be shining -Martin, Kath and Fozzie three of the nicest people on the soul scene, music you play is awesome, see you on the 29th!

They go round pretty quick,says 78rpm on them, think Fozzie might have something to play them on!! thumbup.gif

L

Cheek lol;

Lisa how did you know that i had a 78 player i have also got a very old reel to reel tape recorder/player, & i used to have a crystal set could never get it to work though all it did was crackle, i remember i used to go into dads garage & plug it in trying to get it to work to pick up radio luxemburgh 208 meters :thumbsup: , well it kept me amused for years :thumbup: :thumbup: :yes:

I have got to say i am very pleased on the the response Martin & myself have had regarding this mini dayer @ Route61 Friday 29th of April. it will be a great day i am really looking forward to it i hope you all can make it :thumbsup::)

A nice alterative to watching the royal Wedding ( poor old Bridgey has got to watch it ) :yes::D:lol:

Fozzie

Hya Dave,

Its a real shame that you cant come, must be the first one that youv'e missed since we started.

Anyway have a good holiday mate and make a note for me of the record shops in the states.............Ive got a long wants list :)

See ya soon

Martin

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

Not long now :thumbsup: really looking forward to these extra hours down at the route :thumbsup: , 10 and half hours of northern soul, and motown, crossover, 70s. rnb deffo better than watching the wedding , cya all down there :)

ps martin daves going to canada

take care ktff.........

Hya Dave,

Its a real shame that you cant come, must be the first one that youv'e missed since we started.

Anyway have a good holiday mate and make a note for me of the record shops in the states.............Ive got a long wants list :thumbsup:

See ya soon

Martin

Hi Martin it was a last minute changed of plans, I try and get down for half an hour if possible. Make sure you get plenty of photos of the first Route mini alldayer as it might be one every year. Don`t know about record shops in Montreal I try to keep my eyes open. Dave

Edited by 3 before 8

Not long now :thumbup: really looking forward to these extra hours down at the route :hypo: , 10 and half hours of northern soul, and motown, crossover, 70s. rnb deffo better than watching the wedding , cya all down there :thumbsup:

ps martin daves going to canada

take care ktff.........

Hi Mate you should be getting some good practise in 10 and a half hours you might improve, but then again you might not. Don`t forget the talc as you need it mate. Dave K.T.F

Cheek lol;

Lisa how did you know that i had a 78 player i have also got a very old reel to reel tape recorder/player, & i used to have a crystal set could never get it to work though all it did was crackle, i remember i used to go into dads garage & plug it in trying to get it to work to pick up radio luxemburgh 208 meters blush.gif , well it kept me amused for years :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have got to say i am very pleased on the the response Martin & myself have had regarding this mini dayer @ Route61 Friday 29th of April. it will be a great day i am really looking forward to it i hope you all can make it :lol: :lol:

A nice alterative to watching the royal Wedding ( poor old Bridgey has got to watch it ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fozzie

It's even worse than that Fozzie....:ohmy:

I've drawn the short straw and I'm driving, so nono.gif drink either....:no:beer.gif:lol:

Bridgey....:thumbup:

It's even worse than that Fozzie....ohmy.gif

I've drawn the short straw and I'm driving, so :lol: drink either....:no::lol: :lol:

Bridgey....thumbup.gif

What a bummer i really feel for ya matey cos anybody would need a drink :lol: :lol: :lol: having to watch that boring televised wedding :thumbup::lol:blush.gif

But Martin & I will have one for you :ohmy::lol: get ya mates to come maybe you could have a mini bus over & share the cost they will have a great time @ Route61 & you would be able to have a drink then????

Fozzie

What a bummer i really feel for ya matey cos anybody would need a drink beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif having to watch that boring televised wedding :thumbsup: :thumbsup: blush.gif

But Martin & I will have one for you :lol::hatsoff2: get ya mates to come maybe you could have a mini bus over & share the cost they will have a great time @ Route61 & you would be able to have a drink then????

Fozzie

No worries there Fozzie,

Whilst Linda is busy doing the "Royal Tea Party" with the Grandkids, I'll be in the bedroom out of the way with the Sports Channel on....:yes:

There are a few making the journey down. (including travellers from Lancashire)....:thumbup:

Bridgey....:lol:

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

:thumbsup::yes: Looking forward to seeing ya bridgey and hearing ya set pal and the extra time down at the route makes it a great day and plenty of northern soul too suit all tastes :D:(beer.gifbeer.gif:lol::D:ohmy: :ohmy: :g::shades:sweatingbullets.gifsweatingbullets.gif:lol: 10 and hafl hours northern :thumbup: cya all friday KTF.......

PS Have a good holiday dave cya next month :thumbsup:

For everyone thinking of coming down to the mini - dayer on Friday these are the DJ times:-

• 2.00 - 3.30 = Little John (Chesterfield)
  • 3.30 - 5.00 = Steve Foster (Route 61)
  • 5.00 - 6.30 = Soulman Martin (Route 61)
  • 6.30 - 7.30 = John Barnsley (Route 61)
  • 7.30 - 8.30 = Al Taylor (Doncaster)
  • 8.30 - 9.30 = Chris Brooke (Sheffield)
  • 9.30 - 10.30 = Soulman Martin (Route 61)
  • 10.30 - 11.30 = Steve Foster (Route 61)
  • 11.30 - 12.30 = Bridgey (York)

:lol: Martin

Edited by Guest

Guest Old Soul

Friday at the Route 61 , always look forward to this one :lol: , unfortunately due to "unforeseen circumstances" it will be an evening visit only :lol: , but I'm sure the boys will have the dance floor buzzing by then :lol: , with a bit of luck should get in time to see John Barnsley's stint on the turntable.... see you all Tomorrow...KTF

What a fantastic way to start the Bank Holiday weekend - wall to wall soul all day!!

This is an amazing venue with an amazing array of Top deejays to keep that floor happy.

Indeed, I shall be trawling through hundreds of my gems tonight

(Original Vinyl Only)

to make sure that I give those lucky enough to venture down,

a RIGHT ROYAL TREAT. :yes:

There's a fantastic buzz about this dayer, get yerselves down and bring your dancing shoes.....

See yer there then......... dont be late though, you might regret it :yes:

Edited by SOULFULHOUND

All the best for Friday hope the weather keeps fine. Dave

Eyup dave, sad yr gonna miss a good day but have a good holiday in Canada remember look out for any interesting shops & get a contact details, have a safe journey there & back see ya soon pal.

i'm off to play snooker now & then a good sleep ready for tomorrow.

Fozzie

:wicked:yes.gif Looking forward to seeing ya bridgey and hearing ya set pal and the extra time down at the route makes it a great day and plenty of northern soul too suit all tastes :thumbsup: 10 and hafl hours northern thumbup.gif cya all friday KTF.......

PS Have a good holiday dave cya next month :D

Ayup Mark,

Really looking forward to this one as well....thumbsup.gif

Looks like a great line up of DJ's, which I'm sure won't disappoint....:wicked: A really nice mixture to please everyone....yes.gif

Once Linda's finished the "Royal Tea Party" with the Grand-kids....frusty2.giflaugh.gif (early I hope), we'll be straight down the A64 to the M1....biggrin.gif

See ya tomorrow Mark, hopefully about 6pm (ish)....smile.gif

Bridgey & Linda....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

Friday at the Route 61 , always look forward to this one :wicked: , unfortunately due to "unforeseen circumstances" it will be an evening visit only sad.gif , but I'm sure the boys will have the dance floor buzzing by then :D , with a bit of luck should get in time to see John Barnsley's stint on the turntable.... see you all Tomorrow...KTF

:wicked: Hi ya pete i save ya a place on the dancefloor we will warm it up for ya cya tommorow mate :thumbsup:

Ktf.......

Hya people just back in from a great night of playing snooker could not concentrate cos thinking about about tomorrow @ route61 but ended up losing three games & then winning three so broke even, now to bed then up early to setup equip a little rest then into it @ 2 o clock see ya there if ya making the trip, right on now, K.T.F.

Fozzie

Hya people just back in from a great night of playing snooker could not concentrate cos thinking about about tomorrow @ route61 but ended up losing three games & then winning three so broke even, now to bed then up early to setup equip a little rest then into it @ 2 o clock see ya there if ya making the trip, right on now, K.T.F.

Fozzie

Think I might give this a spin tonight mate....:hatsoff2:

Bridgey..............wink.gif

Edited by Bridgey

Source Advert