Majestic Soul Thursday 5Th May

Well what a cracking night. Our guest Eddie Hubbard pulled out some very fine tunes, a quality unissued Syl Johnson track amongst others as well as the wonderful Troy single.

This event just seems to be getting better every month, with some of the London northern soul crowd coming along for the first time.

Watch this space for future djs but we're very proud of our little club and long may it continue :thumbup:

A very special thanks also to our regulars who have been with us since the start, without you guys we would never have been able to move to a bigger venue in the first place :thumbup:

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Karen Heath

It was a great night Mark and nice to see lots of familiar faces-we'll be coming again next time, that's for sure! :thumbup:

It was good to see a busy crowd out for last nights Majestic. A real good soul gathering and the youngsters took to it with enthusiasm. No red cards for Brian this month :no: . Good sets from everyone.:yes:Thank you for the records played for me.:D

Eddie you fitted in perfectly, the Syl Johnson went down a storm and I personally loved the Mike Terry angle.:lol:

It was definitely the best Majestic yet and I think it will grow even bigger. Quality rises. Well done on serving up another entertaining evening for the seriously soulful anoraks.

I'm really looking forward to the next one.:yes:

Best

Kev

I would just like to echo everyone`s comments and say a big thank you to our Special Guest Eddie Hubbard for making the trip and to treating us to a superb selection of Soul music. Also massive thanks to everyone who turned up and made it a fantastic night (great to see Tony R again, although for me Tony it`s Little Anthony`s vocals which give his version the edge for me :lol: ....both versions are great though and crying out for plays)

I`m already looking forward to the June "Majestic" which we will hopefully have full details of , over the coming days.

Thanks

Mark H

Guest Imogen

Majestic Rocked!

Well done Mark H, Binsy and Brian for putting on such a wonderful night.

Eddie was fantastic, great guy with great taste in music. He played quality records throughout his set such as The Detroit Emeralds Hold On and an unissued masterpiece that went down a treat! Eddie you've certainly impressed me.

The music all night was spot on and the atmosphere was lovely. Lots of soulful people in attendance such as Charlie, Dixie, Buey and Wendy, Rob and Geoff. It was also really great to meet Victor and speak to James again. Lots of record chat.................:thumbsup:

It was also nice to meet Tony Rounce and thanks for the info on the Three Degrees record.

I've put some pics up in the gallery.

See ya all next month :lol:

Imogen x

Eddie Hubbard rides a Majestic Seahorse..

Fantastic to see some old pals come on down...Lots of faces enjoying the chance to absorb the music and the atmosphere. Glad to say Soul has a bright future with a bevy of young

peops comming through now..and getting into it...!!

The Sound System has been tweeked nicely...this has made a great difference...so... we can now do justice to the records.....QUALITY..!!!

Shout to Mark (Binsy) Taylor...who played a Magic Early Set (7pm)....i think i was buzzing after that...and a few others too....:no:

We were told about a few peops scribbling tune references down by the bar man...he reported that he had given away about x3 pens and several scraps of paper...nobody returned the

pens...so... he was not pleased...:yes: ......we will continue to put references to tunes by way of the trusted microphone......Playlists..???..not always reliable....!!!!

Sad to report that there was no cards shown this month.....we do like a bit of drama....looks like the Queen stayed at home Kev.....!!!!!........................................

There were a surge of old Soulies from Essex come down....suspiciously far too well behaved...this was a shame..!!!...:(

well perhaps theres a little gossip...i had to literally carry Charlie (Jackie Wilson) home after he gave up at Stratford station...some tune or another that ??? apparantly killed him off!!!!.......:(

Just worried that people on the train home would make assumptions about what happens to people after a "Soul Night"...obviously were not all like that...???...are we..???...

Looking forward to the next Entry....:no:

***************Thumbs up to the Majestic faithfull****************

BakerSoul......................

Many thanks to everyone who turned up at Majestic Soul , a great venue , some brilliant Soul music and some of the finest friends on the planet to share it with, equals a winning combination in my book Thank you to the guys for inviting me to play some of my records , I so enjoyed it and didn't want the night to end .Very best wishes ,Eddie

Source Advert