Most active in this topic

this is the b side aint it nige

John Smith article and others

The Soul Notes

* Genre: Rock

* Active: '60s

* Major Members: John Berry, Leroy Elie, William Bell, Walter Dannison

Biography

The Soul Notes formed in Cleveland, Ohio and were led by William Bell a.k.a. Bill Spoon, not to be confused with the William Bell of "You Don't Miss Your Water" fame. Their lineup consisted of Bell, Walter Dannison, Leroy Elie, and John Berry. The quartet recorded a couple of singles that have become tradeable commodities among Northern Soul Collectors. Their output, all on Cleveland's Way Out Records, includes "How Long Will It Last" b/w "Don't Make Me Beg," (1967) and "I've Got Everything I Need" b/w "How Long . . . Last," in 1968. The first single was a minor two sided hit with "Don't Make Me Beg," the intended B-side copping more plays than the intended plug side; so for the next release, Way Out put the A-side of their debut on the B-side of their second and final release. Way Out Records printed their address on the label, if they hadn't, you would have thought the Soul Notes recorded below the Mason Dixon line.

Social source share

Way Out 1001 - How Long Will It Last b/w Don't Make Me Beg

Way Out 1006 - How Long Will It Last b/w I Got Everything I Need

Cracking record Nige, good luck with the hunt and hope to see ya soon thumbsup.gif

Social source share

the flip on the multi coloured promo has, how long will it last hatsoff2.gif

Ayup Bearsy ive just had a Facebook PM from Kev Highem that you got one to sell :g:

And guys i do know How long will it last came out TWICE !!

I have the copy without this on the B side Thats why i need Way Out 1001

Hi Adam so sorry to hear about Conventry Move,,, You and Matt hold ya heads high for being an OASIS in a desert of Oldies,,, and i should know laugh.gif

Cheers gentlemen

Nige!!

Edited by Nige Brown
Social source share

Hi Adam so sorry to hear about Conventry Move,,, You and Matt hold ya heads high for being an OASIS in a desert of Oldies,,, and i should know :g:

Nige!!

Cheers Nige thumbsup.gif

Social source share