Yksoul 5Th Charity All Dayer - 13 Aug 11 - Askham Bryan College

Guest YKSoulMan

Guest Marshy

Nice tune Stu.

See you on the 13th.

Steve

Fantastic tune stu :-)

Have got our tickets and hope to see everyone there later today but unfortunately not feeling brill at the mo so if don't make it we hope the night is a brilliant success as they always are!!

Jeanette & Pete x x

• Replies 54
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well looks like we are gonna have good weather again, fingers crossed, plenty of nice outside seating at this venue where you can still hear the music.

Got a table full of great raffle prizes.Thanks to everyone for their help with this, you know who you are!!

The venue is serving food all day, and hot food from 6pm, all very cheap as well !! :thumbup:

I will also have tickets and flyers with me for our next event on 7th October, for more info check www.yksoul.com

Marie

Edited by marie

Just got back from setting the venue up and I must say it's the best it's ever looked for us there.

Roll on tomorrow and if you still haven't made up your mind where to go, you could do a lot worse than Askham Bryan College.

Steve

Well steve the records are packed sat nav set quick bath then its york here we come ps just had the tag removed (Lawrence) really looking forward to spinning a few see you all soon Yocky & Joy PS i was taged for Stealing all Lawrences big modern sounds off him and throwing them in a skip LOL

Guest Marshy

Had a fantastic time last night yet another great soul event put on by YKSoul raising money for a well deserved charity :) Well done to the team for putting on another very well organised event and your efforts are really appreciated by everyone who attends. Haven't been to a soul do for a few months now so it was great to see everyone and have a catch up and of course have a really good dance! A great selection of across the board music was played as usual, although the dance floor definitely quitened down while one of the mid evening spots was on to the point where the floor was empty most of the time, does this raise the question is this the right type of music for a YKSoul audience?! I totally appreciate you're not going to hear the kind of music you love all night long, that's what makes these soul events so good as they cater for everyone but the floor being empty for almost an hour has prompted the question regarding the type of music that was played in my opinion... having said that I really enjoyed the night and I am looking forward to the next YKSoul event in October at the Post Office club - hope to see you all there!!

Jinny & Pete x x

Sorry we didn't make it in the end, but conspiracy theorists would've had a field day! My mum got shingles, the youngest initially refused to go to grandads, when we finally managed to get everyone sorted and set off (7.22pm) we got 15 miles from home and the clutch & flywheel on the car decided to fall to bits! Sat for an over an hour a just outside Market Weighton waiting for breakdown services, and for them to tell us the car wasn't going anywhere other than on the back of a truck (kinda worked that one out myself - thanks green flag!), then the jolly ride back home with our pride and joy on the back of aforementioned truck!

Gutted! Sounds like we missed a good night, and will definately have to make the next one.

:thumbsup:

Source Advert