Central Soul Club @ Union Rowing Club Nottingham...saturday July 23Rd...guest Simon Hunt

Central Soul Club @ The Union Rowing Club,

Trentside

West Bridgford

Nottingham

NG2 5FA

Saturday July 23rd............8pm....1.0am.......£4.00 OTD....

A Night Of Northern Soul & Underplayed Motown........Across The Board With Open Box Music Policy......OVO...

Guest DJ.......Simon Hunt........Swadlincote....

Warm Up DJ......Kyp........Kyrenia...

Resident Dj's.....Gary Wall....(Co-promoter)..........Johno.......

Well it is a 5 week month and we stand alone as the only Soul Venue on in Nottingham not like the M25 this weekend i'm only jesting...:D

We welcome Simon Hunt this month as our Guest Dj who was reccomended by Johno and are we in for a treat as i believe Simon has one hell of a record collection........So get your Dance shoes on..........:thumbsup:

Not forgeting Kyp Mr Enthusiastic.....and our Residents Gary and Johno...........

THE VENUE......

A traditional boathouse overlooking the river trent......With a very spacious balcony a place to listen to the tunes chat chil and smoke if you wish.....inside we have a large wooden dance floor............good sized bar............plenty of parking all along the riverside way past the Forest ground.......or in the Civic car park on Pavilion Road this is the road that leads to the main entrance to the Forest Ground.........This is an atmospheric venue not a lot has changed since those Halcyon days during the 60's when live bands appeared at the Union.....check out the list of acts to the left of the stage.....yes.gif

Also for a Balcony view visit the Live webcam at Nottingham and Union Rowing Club...........

So the scene is set we look forward to meeting and greeting you a week Saturday......:lol:

Regards Mal Co-promoter contact......07778797800

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest sharmo 1

Hi there Mal and company we're looking forward to spinning a few scratch's for you nice people in a short while .I've not been to your venue and don't really know what kind of thing your regulars are into so we'll just wing it and see what happens , I'm very greatful for the chance of working in Nottingham as i really like the folk of "old lace town " is Jono still playing the gay disco stuff ? see you soon Si.

Guest jonnysoul

Hi all

Here we go again the big one is upon us really looking forward to seeing Simon!!!Its been a long time mate!!!Also not forgetting Gary and Kyp as well all in all shaping up to be a brilliant night!!!Can't wait see you all Saturday!!!:thumbsup:

JONO :D

Guest sharmo 1

Well less than 24 hours to go and the old box is ready is it o.k to bring a few sales along as well guy's ? see you all tommorow Si.

Not had the pleasure of witnessing on of Simon's sets but been told plenty of good things about them NO PRESSURE PAL . And that KYP gets around Mac so where is Kyrenia cant seem to find it on my A to Z ....... LOL . And with Mr G. Wall Plus Jono spinning the tunes the night is set for a good un

Guest sharmo 1

Hi bam I don't normally DJ but do for friends ect or something local as Nottingham's just 'round the corner and me and Jono go back a way i thought I'd say yes .the main problem is Knowing what to spin as i don't normally play what i set out to play and it's hard if you don't know the crowd ect .For instance when i used to play at no more doggin you were left to do what you wanted and that suited me down to the ground, with tommorow I'll do my east midlands play safe type thing So it'll be thing's like Gwen Owens and the Delight's with the odd thing like the dead beat's and a few current nighter spins like tear drops by the soul bros inc Nat hall and rita and the Tiaras i hope that's the kind of thing you guy's are into .So I'll see you tommorow night all the best Si.

Hi bam I don't normally DJ but do for friends ect or something local as Nottingham's just 'round the corner and me and Jono go back a way i thought I'd say yes .the main problem is Knowing what to spin as i don't normally play what i set out to play and it's hard if you don't know the crowd ect .For instance when i used to play at no more doggin you were left to do what you wanted and that suited me down to the ground, with tommorow I'll do my east midlands play safe type thing So it'll be thing's like Gwen Owens and the Delight's with the odd thing like the dead beat's and a few current nighter spins like tear drops by the soul bros inc Nat hall and rita and the Tiaras i hope that's the kind of thing you guy's are into .So I'll see you tommorow night all the best Si.

Well less than 24 hours to go and the old box is ready is it o.k to bring a few sales along as well guy's ? see you all tommorow Si.

Hi Simon

Yes ok to bring along your sales will find you a spare table.........

Mal

Edited by Arabica

Not had the pleasure of witnessing on of Simon's sets but been told plenty of good things about them NO PRESSURE PAL . And that KYP gets around Mac so where is Kyrenia cant seem to find it on my A to Z ....... LOL . And with Mr G. Wall Plus Jono spinning the tunes the night is set for a good un

Hi Bam

Kyrenia is on the Northern Coast of Cyprus, in the Republic of Cyprus which was invaded 1974 by Turkey, Kyps family were displaced as were so many Greek Cypriots and they came to the UK and brought his soul with him, i know he cannot wait for tonight bless him hope he brings a Kebab :D

See you later............Mal wish i was still in Famagusta near Kyrenia...??

Si you play what you want mate they are a great crowd at the CENTRAL and you will be made very welcome down by the Trent . the one's you have mentioned sound good to me . If your not sure what to spin just ask Jono then again don't bother you stick to your guns... LOL All the best have a good one see ya later ..Mark ( Bam )

Edited by Guest

Source Advert