Cresent Soul; Club

Guest aaz19tdi

Guest aaz19tdi

320 mile round trip to hear quality soul music well worth the miles, you might say we are a little bias as H and Di are our friends but anybody who is looking for a quality night of music, a great little room and a fantastic dance floor and a real friendly bunch of peeps, wouldnt go far wrong in visiting the cresent wmc in York.

Run by salt of the earth Soulies, bloody awsome night .thumbsup.gif

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It was great to see you and Kathryn. :thumbsup: Couldn't agree more it was a fantastic night and we will be returning to Pete's home town of York for another great helping of soul at a club ran by two brilliant friends Di and Harry. Lee we will be at the soul Cake in October. Gotta say I still can't get over the £21 and even worse the pea soup fog on the moors cheek and Pete slept through. angry.gif

Lots of Sweaty shirts left the Crescent on Saturday night, which is testament to just how good a job all our dj`s did on saturday night. Plenty of smiling faces & everybody thanking us for putting the night on, those comments make it all worthwhile. BIG, BIG THANKS to our Guests

SEAN TASKER & PETE NEAL & of course our residents John "boy"walton, Dave smith and of course not forgetting [for fear of my life]

the lovely wife Diane crosby. We return on september 10th with two well seasoned spinners as our guests in the guise of JEZ JONES & GEESE. Looking forward to that one allready. MANY THANKS HARRY :thumbsup:

Guest YKSoulMan

Lots of Sweaty shirts left the Crescent on Saturday night, which is testament to just how good a job all our dj`s did on saturday night. Plenty of smiling faces & everybody thanking us for putting the night on, those comments make it all worthwhile. BIG, BIG THANKS to our Guests

SEAN TASKER & PETE NEAL & of course our residents John "boy"walton, Dave smith and of course not forgetting [for fear of my life]

the lovely wife Diane crosby. We return on september 10th with two well seasoned spinners as our guests in the guise of JEZ JONES & GEESE. Looking forward to that one allready. MANY THANKS HARRY :thumbsup:

Glad all went well, H.

I knew it would.................it always does................lol.

Steve

A proper Northern do, put on by two of the nicest people on the soul scene, but feck it was hot! We had a great night, with a crowd that were really up for it. Once again thanks Harry and Di for inviting me down.

Sean & Gwen

Thanks Sean, lovely to see you and the lovely Gwen, our last two events York & Easington you`ve guested for us both fantastic spots, great dj, will be intouch for another booking...........IT WAS HOT!!!! & BOUNCING just how we like it :thumbsup:

320 mile round trip to hear quality soul music well worth the miles, you might say we are a little bias as H and Di are our friends but anybody who is looking for a quality night of music, a great little room and a fantastic dance floor and a real friendly bunch of peeps, wouldnt go far wrong in visiting the cresent wmc in York.

Run by salt of the earth Soulies, bloody awsome night .:thumbsup:

Thanks Guys laughs all the way as per usual when were in your company, Tonight Mathew i`ll be doing ETHEL MERMAN by Cleo Laine :lol: looking forward to spinning a few down at the Soul Cake in october-------ROLL ON THAT ONE :thumbsup:

It was great to see you and Kathryn. :thumbsup: Couldn't agree more it was a fantastic night and we will be returning to Pete's home town of York for another great helping of soul at a club ran by two brilliant friends Di and Harry. Lee we will be at the soul Cake in October. Gotta say I still can't get over the £21 and even worse the pea soup fog on the moors cheek and Pete slept through. angry.gif

Lovely to see you both again Liz, great spot by pete, looking forward to seeing you sooner rather than later. Soul cake will be a belter me-thinks :thumbsup:

Guest porky yorkie

I don't think we'll have to wait till October to meet up Harry. We can't be having you having withdrawl symptoms from the Smurfster. Once again thanks for inviting me to spin a few tunes,I can only say thanks to Linda and the crew from Bolton coming over to give their support ( you seemed to have a crackin' time guys n gals.

I don't think we'll have to wait till October to meet up Harry. We can't be having you having withdrawl symptoms from the Smurfster. Once again thanks for inviting me to spin a few tunes,I can only say thanks to Linda and the crew from Bolton coming over to give their support ( you seemed to have a crackin' time guys n gals.

Thanks a lot Pete, you`ll be back to spin some more for us great set, just what the crowd wanted, nice to meet the folks from Bolton :thumbsup:

this is sounding good, very good in fact extremely fecking good yes.gif

Looking forward to it Harry yes.gif

Guest porky yorkie

this is sounding good, very good in fact extremely fecking good yes.gif

Looking forward to it Harry yes.gif

Jez it wern't just very feckin' good.

Me too my mate, one question Do you have CRACKLING ROSIE :lol: I once got asked for EYE OF THE TIGER. My reply was "If you don`t get off this stage you`ll have EYE OF THE PANDA":yes:

hey up H---I'll tell ya the story behind the Neil Diamond in September mate ---- its a p*sser laugh.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Better late than never , its took me this long to recover :lol: the only word is "AWESOME" , just a fab fab night :yes:

The biggest THANKYOU to you all especially Lee & Kathryn for there 320 mile round trip :ohmy::lol:

And all the dj's you did us so proud John boy , Pete Neal , Sean Tasker , and Harry & Dave :D

Love you all you make our night what it is , and we wouldnt have a night without you all :no:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and a big THANKYOU for our door girl Mary , thanks babe xxxxxxxxxx

Liz Pete & Lee thanks for dancing guys xxxxxxxxxxx

Guest smudgesmith

hey up H---I'll tell ya the story behind the Neil Diamond in September mate ---- its a p*sser laugh.gif:D:D:D:D

Stay away from the towels Jez..........thats all Im gonna say:D

Guest aaz19tdi

Stay away from the towels Jez..........thats all Im gonna say:D

I took 3 towels and four wet tee shirts away with me saturday night, heard some great stories from the old guard,one, about having 2 gwen owens and selling them for about £28 each back in 78, wouldnt mind them now, a Dave laugh.gif.

You can thank us for travelling the miles but we thank you for the night you put on pure class and right up my alley when it comes to Soul do,s.

Last thing, come october Di H and smudge will be pounding the cakes decks cant wait , going to be some awsome 45,s laid down by you lot plus Big Al leighton god help me knees.thumbsup.gif

I took 3 towels and four wet tee shirts away with me saturday night, heard some great stories from the old guard,one, about having 2 gwen owens and selling them for about £28 each back in 78, wouldnt mind them now, a Dave laugh.gif.

You can thank us for travelling the miles but we thank you for the night you put on pure class and right up my alley when it comes to Soul do,s.

Last thing, come october Di H and smudge will be pounding the cakes decks cant wait , going to be some awsome 45,s laid down by you lot plus Big Al leighton god help me knees. :thumbsup:

Sounds FANTASTIC to me Lee, really looking forward to it mate.-H

Better late than never , its took me this long to recover laugh.gif the only word is "AWESOME" , just a fab fab night :yes:

The biggest THANKYOU to you all especially Lee & Kathryn for there 320 mile round trip ohmy.giflaugh.gif

And all the dj's you did us so proud John boy , Pete Neal , Sean Tasker , and Harry & Dave biggrin.gif

Love you all you make our night what it is , and we wouldnt have a night without you all :no:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and a big THANKYOU for our door girl Mary , thanks babe xxxxxxxxxx

Liz Pete & Lee thanks for dancing guys xxxxxxxxxxx

And of course our unsung Hero di,Kenny Wallis. TOP MAN!!!!!

Guest yorks old boys

you know you could have the old birds after you h flyers for 10th the famous jez jones is live and when he gets here it could change baby baby were out off time

Source Advert