Deena Johnson - Breaking Point

Ady Potts

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Don't worry, I'll be bidding on it last day...one of my favourites.

I might have done too if it was still cheap, love this.. not now I know the price has been artificially pushed up. If you're going to get your mates to bid on your auctions, at least do it discreetly ph34r.gif

Social source share

I might have done too if it was still cheap, love this.. not now I know the price has been artificially pushed up. If you're going to get your mates to bid on your auctions, at least do it discreetly ph34r.gif

Why's it artificial, I'd have bid 50 quid on it anyway...and will

Still prefer the darker, deeper Brad Lundy version of this on Julmar

Got a mint copy on Lundy; anyone know which pressed first?

Carl.

Lundy is first. Terrible sound quality on both though, especially Julmar, even mint ones sound like they were dubbed off a VG record.

Social source share

Why's it artificial, I'd have bid 50 quid on it anyway...and will

Because people have put 'mercy bids' on it.. we all know it happens with people getting their mates to push the price up but it's usually done on the quiet! IMO if you put records up for auction then you take your risk on what price they make - nothing wrong with pointing out on the forums that you've got stuff for sale at good prices but I'm certainly not going to bid on something that I know people who don't actually want it have bid on just to increase the profit for someone they know.

Social source share

I might have done too if it was still cheap, love this.. not now I know the price has been artificially pushed up. If you're going to get your mates to bid on your auctions, at least do it discreetly :rolleyes:

I may be a mate but I'm only bidding cos I want it.

Pete.............alias soulbeagle

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

i am a mate and money in a fellow mates pocket means

beers for all in his round :rolleyes:

how do you know all the things you have ever bid on wasnt

hustled by people the owner knew?

at the end of the day bid what you think it's worth

if you dont win it...it's over your limit..

all pottsy's done is a litle sales talk

nothing wrong with that...you have a mind of your own :rolleyes:

Social source share

Because people have put 'mercy bids' on it.. we all know it happens with people getting their mates to push the price up but it's usually done on the quiet! IMO if you put records up for auction then you take your risk on what price they make - nothing wrong with pointing out on the forums that you've got stuff for sale at good prices but I'm certainly not going to bid on something that I know people who don't actually want it have bid on just to increase the profit for someone they know.

Hang on a minute, all i did was to point out there was a bargain to be had. Everyone that buy's off me on ebay know's i start at 99p & there's no reserve, so if they put in a bid believe me i'll make sure they honour that bid should they win the item, no if's, no buts. This isn't some kind of game for me, this is my living. I hope people win a bargain as that means they'll come back & buy again. That's why i sell in batches of 15-20 records at a time, i look at it as an overall thing, some i lose on some i'll gain on.

By the way, there's a profit left in that Luther Thomas at 99p.

pottsy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert