Soul In Seoul?

Adi S

Does anyone know if there is a soul/funk scene in South Korea?

Have to go there for work by end of march.

Maybe there are some record shops or dates of soul-events in Seoul, which somebody knows. Can imagine, thats maybe worth to have a look for records, because of the US army deployment.

If somebody knows some soul-events in Tokyo/Japan during this time, please also let me know.

Thanks & cheers,

Adrian

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Adrian

I travel to Korea and Japan with work too, and while I've never found anything in Seoul, I have found a good bar or two in Tokyo that play great soul music.

My favourite bar is Zapp, in Ikebukuro (Tokyo). It's only a few minutes walk from the station. It's a small basement bar, and they do a good pizza too!

Music is all LP's, mostly from the 70's & 80's, but they have loads of stuff that they probably don't even know is there. Must be 2,000 LP's in there. Just ask for something, and there's a good chance they will find it! I've had some great nights in there over weekends, and they really enjoy having western visitors who appreciate the music too.

I hope to be there again at the end of this month.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Dave Harrison
Social source share

Hi Dave,

thanks for your tip. The bar in Ikebukuro sounds good.

Today i get my shedule and only have to stay in Seoul this time, but will keep this bar in mind for my next visit.

Maybe we can meet once there for a pizza ;-)

Cheers,

Adrian

Social source share

• 5 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert