• Replies 17
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Netspeaky

Little Joe Cook, 80's version, different.

:yes:

Double figure downloads: I would have expected some comments on Mr Cook's version. :yes: It would be interesting to hear peoples views. :yes:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Well he did ask for some feedback! :yes:

Pete, I never said it was good, I just thought it was an interesting version that I would share with other folks that might be interested in hearing it. :yes:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
I know mate, thats why I gave you some feedback :yes:
Did you have a listen to the other two Motown sound alikes? I can't imagine they were your cup of tea either, but again I was suprised no feedback on that tread either. :yes:
Social source share

Did you have a listen to the other two Motown sound alikes? I can't imagine they were your cup of tea either, but again I was suprised no feedback on that tread either. :yes:

To be honest I haven't had much time to come on here lately, so not really listened to anything...did I miss much? :yes:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
To be honest I haven't had much time to come on here lately, so not really listened to anything...did I miss much? :yes:
They are still showing on the page under title Mr Gordy, but like I said not your cup of tea. :yes:
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I thought it was an interesting interpretation, trouble is you can't beat David Ruffin singing it and both the Temptations and/or Otis's versions are for most soul fans in the blood so to speak.

Tony

Tony, I agree you'll never better DR/Temps, Otis runs a close second, but what I do like about LJC's version is that he hasn't done a copy cat version, it's his own interpretation of a classic, not as good but different. wink.gif

Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

from 1976

post-2741-1135939457.jpg

Gotta agree, you can't beat the Temps on this one.

£15 inc postage if anyone likes it laugh.gif

Anymore versions, we might as well get on here. wink.gif

Social source share

It's shit.

Yes got to agree but thinking about it

just how many artists have covered this song!

Its quite possibly one of the most covered soul songs out there! ph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert