Guest RecordLover13

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

me too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, never seen one for sale to be honest

lew stanley had it on ebay once, that's the only one I've seen for sale and I don't have this yet either. I like how there's a different wants post for this record by someone else every week. The group members said they did a 2nd 45 but they don't have a copy and nobody else has ever seen it.

Social source share

lew stanley had it on ebay once, that's the only one I've seen for sale and I don't have this yet either. I like how there's a different wants post for this record by someone else every week. The group members said they did a 2nd 45 but they don't have a copy and nobody else has ever seen it.

also i think dave brown sold his copy on ebay recently, i forgot what it went for, i somehow totally missed it

Social source share

Do you mean a 2nd release on the same label or a different label?

Social source share

Now that is amazing. Must place it late 70s then, I'm not aware of anything else on the label?

Always suspected the Captivo group may have been the same outfit though.

The flip of Why I Love You is top draw funky edged northern soul. It's a very rare piece.

You mean "Capito" not "Captivo" (probably a typo). There is no connection to the Valentine group. The Capito group is from Detroit. The Valentine group is from Philadelphia. They said that Valentine was their manager's label so I doubt anything else would be on it. Actually here is the listing based on info from them. I don't have a scan or photo of the second record, the info came over the phone.

Valentine

10001 Why I Love You / Gotta Get Out (71)

4690 You're Only Fooling Yourself / You're Not The Same (76)

Social source share

Guest stonedsoul

yeah with everyone asking for it recently i couldn't believe it went so cheap, i believe i bid at least double of what i won it at!

Social source share

Guest RecordLover13

you got dave brown's copy. he was pissed he had to sell his personal copy to pay bills. he said he's never seen another one.

$3500 seems ridiculous though.

Agree

Edited by RecordLover13
Social source share

Guest sickdog

Please reread the thread. I was responding to a previous post suggesting that it sold for one tenth of its value. Thanks.

got it sorry i missed that.

Social source share

Source Advert