Jackie Opel - Every Word I Say Is True: Who Else Sings On This Rhythm-Track?

Guest damsko020

Guest damsko020

Hi,

got this tune from the great Jackie Opel:

i know of two versions of this tune, this is by far the superior cut.

i hear some vocals leaking on the background of this track so there must be somebody else also singing on this rhythmtrack,

anybody got the details?

thanks!

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

:hatsoff2: HI What a funny question to ask? what you can hear is the voice of the man they call the "sweeper" Winston Mc Intosh, who moved to London in 65,

as you are aware all recordings are done in one take! so the sweeper tried to get his voice noticed, there is a good PRESIDANT sleave,for BLACK SCIN BLUE EYED BOY, That's the sweeper, he is a old man now, and lives in FINSBURY PARK, he can still be seen wareing his ISLINGTON COUNCIL Donkey jacket swooping for buts? sad story of the STUDIO SWEEPER, :huh: Hope that answerd your question? :boxing: DAVE

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI What a funny question to ask? what you can hear is the voice of the man they call the "sweeper" Winston Mc Intosh, who moved to London in 65,

as you are aware all recordings are done in one take! so the sweeper tried to get his voice noticed, there is a good PRESIDANT sleave,for BLACK SCIN BLUE EYED BOY, That's the sweeper, he is a old man now, and lives in FINSBURY PARK, he can still be seen wareing his ISLINGTON COUNCIL Donkey jacket swooping for buts? sad story of the STUDIO SWEEPER, :huh: Hope that answerd your question? :boxing: DAVE

Seriously? He sang in the background at recording sessions? Are you pulling my leg?

And Winston McIntosh is the real name of Peter Tosh...

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest damsko020

hi,

lol i find the answer to be funnier then the question actually.

Since Opel was popular in Jamaica at his time & its very common in reggae to 'recylce' the version i would just think there was another tune on it, the 'one take recording' wouldn't eliminate that possibilty.

& since i have it on a Wirl 45 which is, as far as my knowledge goes, a West Indian label, would seem logical to me but what a surprise this turned out to be.

good story thanks!

can't be talking about The steppin 'Razor, would just be the same name

Social source share

hi,

lol i find the answer to be funnier then the question actually.

Since Opel was popular in Jamaica at his time & its very common in reggae to 'recycle' the version i would just think there was another tune on it, the 'one take recording' wouldn't eliminate that possibility.

& since i have it on a Whirl 45 which is, as far as my knowledge goes, a West Indian label, would seem logical to me but what a surprise this turned out to be.

good story thanks!

can't be talking about The steppin 'Razor, would just be the same name

:hatsoff2: HI How astute, the jackanory is based on a real character, but has nothing to do with the record in question, and he is the face on the Equals BSBEB Cover, my point is surely who cares? about this sort of info.

Your reply is bang on, and reminded me of (true story) of 1976 when we worked with Glasgow's folk band, the TANNER HILL WEAVERS, At the NEW FARM RECORDING STUDIO, (*how I wish I could go back in time?) we refurbish the studio with equipment from ISLAND RECORDS in Harlesden, the 4 track AMPEX came with a box of tapes, to use as rehearsal demos, for those who I have heard this story sorry, but over 3 days of recording, we destroyed 18 hours of PRINCE BUSTERS UNREALEASED STUDIO TAPES FROM 1967, What we did not destroy is available on an LP from the late 8T's it's about 30 minutes long! topps! :wicked: DAVE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert