Mark Rez Set Sales - Dean Parrish Uk Stateside, Clausel 7", Rita Wright Jet 7" And Loadsa More - Modern/northern/latin/r&b Etc Etc

7 ³s

I use the Record Collector standard to grade my records - as below:

M is ONLY for reissues / new releases / sealed records

M- is a pretty much unplayed record for me - any obvious signs that a record has been played and I usually downgrade to an EX+

EX+ is a very strong grade for me - just showing some signs of being played but no noise / cue burn / crackle / styrene burn at all.

VG+ is for records that have obviously seen some wear and have had a good few plays and may even have light intro crackle but play very, very well.

VG is for records with quite a bit of wear and surface markings and some noise / crackle but still a very good player

VG- is my lowest grade and VG- records for me are in bad shape - lots of sound quality deterioration and many, many surface marks - not nice.

All media links are directly underneath each item in red - just hover your mouse over the link and when it turns blue click on it and it will take you directly to the YouTube page or my own soundfile / scan.

PM or email me on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

Postage extra - everything strictly graded...

Four Tops 'Just Can't Get You Out Of My Mind' (ABC / USA / 1973 / M-) £8

( Wonderful mid-paced dancer...so melodic....Levi Stubbs's voice is just unique... )

Wilmer and the Dukes 'Give Me One More Chance' / 'Get It' (Action / UK / 1968 / VG+) £15

( Lovely OG UK red/yellow swirl Action UK press - 2 quality sides - topside driving Northern and more R&B-flava'd on the flip - lotsa surface marks and a bit of crackle so priced competitively... )

Harlem River Drive 'Need You' / 'Overtime' (Arista / USA / 1975 / M-) £12

( 'Need You' is a truly superb uptempo Modern Soul / Northern Soul dancer and I find it somewhat bizarre that it's still as unknown as it is among most people. Have a listen to this if you don't know it, LOTS of potential in this tune. Nice b-side as well...immaculate copy here... )

Booker T. & The MG's 'Red Beans And Rice' / 'Be My Lady' (Atlantic / UK / 1965 / VG+) £20

( Hard, black Atlantic press for this early, raw R&B-Jazz-Funk double-sider from these amazing musicians...little bit of crunch so down from £30... rock hard grooves....)

Barbara Lynn 'You're Losing Me' / 'Why Can't You Love Me' (Atlantic / USA / 1968 / M-)£25

( Stunning copy of this classic double-sider - one side uptempo and one side midtempo, just how we like em...immaculate.... )

Bettye Swann 'Kiss My Love Goodbye' (Atlantic / USA / 1974 / M-) £100

( Unplayed copy - simply one of THE BEST ever...... )

Grace Jones 'I Need A Man' / 'Instrumental' (Beam Junction / USA / 1977 / M-) £5

( Yes - THE Grace Jones before she hit the big time on Atlantic etc etc re corded a few sides in NYC under the supervision of Tom-Tom (he said she was a complete nightmare to work with - how surprising...WD copy here too - actually works better as an instrumental than a vocal...)

Lee Dorsey 'Get Out Of My Life, Woman' (Bell / UK / 1966 / VG+) £10

( Nice Bell original - lotsa scuffs / marks but plays loud and proud - killer Drums as sampled more times than I care to mention... )

Al Wilson 'Show And Tell' (Bell / UK / 1973 / Ex+) £8

( Unplayed big 'A' demo copy with 'Listen To Me' on the flip - this and Willie Clayton's are my very fave versions of this Jerry Fuller song - I also have an unplayed issue copy with 'La La Peace Song' on the flip that I'd like £5 for please... )

The Modulations 'I Can't Fight Your Love' / 'Your Love Has Me Locked Up' (Buddah / USA / 1974 / M-) £15

( Unplayed copy in correct Buddah custom sleeve...two dazzling sides from their ace LP on same label... )

The Dramatics 'Don't Make Me No Promises' / 'Tune Up' (Cadet / USA / 1974 / M-) £8

( The topside here was HUGE on the London Modern Soul scene back in the early-90s for DJs like Simon Dunmore (remember him?) but I think he used to play it off the LP? Must say I never knew this got a 7" press....unplayed copy of a wonderful, wonderful dancer...killer Breakbeat-led Funk on flip too... )

Babe Ruth 'Elusive' (Capitol / UK / 1975 / M-) £8

( All-time classic Funky / Rock / Breaks / Northern Soul winner - unplayed, OG, UK copy here - dinked middle but otherwise totally clean.... )

Bettye Swann 'Make Me Yours' / 'I Will Not Cry' (CBS / UK / 1967 / VG+) £40

( Lotsa surface marks / scuffs and looks rough but plays well with (some) background crackle - not over-intrusive though....can the buyer please remind me to dig out a correct UK CBS custom sleeve to ship this in? )

Cannonball Adderley 'Why Am I Treated So Bad' / 'I'm On My Way' (Capitol / UK / 1967 / VG+) £10

( Lovely copy of this wonderful Axelrod joint....nice / tough / wanted on black UK Capitol press... )

Gloria Scott 'Just As Long As We're Together' / 'There Will Never Be Another' (Casablanca / USA / 1974 / M-) £15

( Quality double-sider as produced by Barry White, from her stunning LP on same label.... )

Dobie Gray 'See You At The Go-Go' (Charger / USA / 1965 / Ex+) £8

( I've never actually had one of these before..and - just noticed that it was produced by Gene Page..?! He musta been a young lad when he did this, right? All-time classic Northern Soul floor-filler in immaculate shape apart from a drill hole...right back to the dawn of our 'scene... )

The Vontastics 'Day Tripper' / 'My Baby' (Chess / UK / 1966 / M-) £20

( Chess UK black label issue copy of this wicked NS dancer / stomper - 100 MPH all the way - condition is incredible here....never even seen a UK press of this before - have had a few on US Chess but this is a first... )

Etta James 'Tell Mama' / 'I'd Rather Go Blind' (Chess / UK / 1967 / Ex+) £25

( I still CANNOT believe that she's passed..truly one of the most inspirational and hugely-talented people to ever walk God's earth....and I don't bandy that kinda talk around too easily, believe me....superlative double-sider in optimum condition.... )

Etta James 'Out On The Streets Again' (Chess / UK / 1974 / M-) £12

( Nice DJ / promo copy of this lady's MOST funky track ever....the intro to this will make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up till the day I die....immaculate condition as befitting a Queen.... )

Georgie Fame 'Move It On Over EP' (Columbia / UK / 1965 / VG) £10

( Sadly no pic sleeve on this - dinked middle too and lotsa marks / scuffs on the wax but it plays clean - no pops etc - 4 great Georgie tracks 'High Heel Sneakers' , 'Walking The Dog' , 'Rocking Pneumonia...' and 'Move It On Over' - outstanding artist.... )

Mose Allison 'Mose Allison Singes The Blues EP' (Columbia / UK /1962 / VG+) £15

( Wonderful EP...one of the first Mose Allison records I've ever had, actually...I've long loved this guy's voice and have always been an admirer of his songwriting prowess and here we get several of his best 'Baby, Please Don't Go' , 'I Love The Life I Live' , 'Back On The Corner' + 3 more odes - just a joy - sadly no pic sleeve here if there ever was meant to be one? Incredible voice - please have a listen... )

Zoot Money's Big Roll Band 'Please Stay' / 'You Know You'll Cry' (Columbia / UK / 1965 / VG) £15

( Rare, rare 7" on Zoot - 2 huge Mod / Beat sides - both sides a bit duffed up but play all thru with no pops / jumps and could use a good, professional clean... )

Ronnie Dyson 'Lady In Red' (Columbia / USA / 1975 /Ex+) £25

( People quickly forget that this was ABSOLUTELY massive on the NS / Modern Soul scene back in the day...top-grade Norman 'BHY' Harris production... )

The Philly Devotions 'I Just Can't Say Goodbye' / 'Inst' (Columbia / USA / 1974 / Ex+) £10

( Tom-Tom Moulton's in the mix for this John Davis production with a highly percussive instrumental mix on the flip - all-time NYC Disco classic.... )

Bohannon Band 'Save Their Souls' / 'Stop And Go' (Dakar / USA / 1973 / Ex+) £15

( Amazingly good gear from Hamilton Bohannon whom I'd always dismssed as a one-trick pony - think Lost Generation 'This Is The Lost Generation' and you're getting warm - highly recommended! Absolutely essential double-sider...few marks - plays nice, mind...goes high nowadays... )

Joe Tex 'Under Your Powerful Love' (Dial / USA / 1975 / M-) £20

( Unplayed copy of one of THE most mesmeric / unusual 70s Northern Soul dancers on the block...when I first moved to London in 1984, I remember finding a copy for £1 on Cheapo Cheapo's Rupert Street market stall (just as it was blowing up big on the 'scene) and thinking 'the streets of London really are paved with gold'.........immaculate 45... )

The Spellbinders 'Help Me (Get Myself Back Together Again)' / 'Chain Reaction' (Direction / UK / 1966 / M-) £25

( Unplayed copy of this instantly recognisable Northern Soul dancer - immediate clarion call to the dancefloor...one of Van McCoy's finest ever double-siders...both sides totally, totally killing it... )

Don Gardner and Dee Dee Ford 'Need Your Lovin' / 'Tell Me' (Fire / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £8

( Quality R&B double-sider from these 2 legends that comes correct in a (rare in itself) Fire custom sleeve - tune......wonderful condition.... )

Alan Haven 'Image' (Fontana / UK / 1965 / M-) £12

( Unplayed copy of what is undoubtedly one of THE most unlikely spins on the Northern Scene - goes all the way back to Manchester's Twisted Wheel in the late-60s...was also used as a 'bed' on Radio Caroline for many, many years...Mod / Hammond classic in correct Fontana custom sleeve - dinked middle but otherwise immaculate... )

Valentino 'I Was Born This Way' (Gaiee / USA / 1975 / VG+) £10

( Cool, OG copy of this 'anthemic' Disco-Soul dancer that got played on the Northern Soul scene @ The Blackpool Mecca - wonderful dancer - as later covered by Carl Bean on Motown...few scuffs here and there so half-priced.... )

The Impressions 'Get Up And Move' / 'Woman's Got Soul' (HMV / UK / 1965 / VG+) £20

( For me, 'Get Up And Move' will signify London's 100 Club forever - cos this was where I first heard it - played by Ady Croasdell, must have been in 1982 / 1983 cos I was still living in Brum at the time and this was one of the first 'Southern' niters / do's I ever attended...just packed the floor and I was hooked - flip is superb as well...lotsa scuffs / marks and a bit of crackle but still a fantastic copy that could use a bit of TLC so priced sensibly.... )

Shirley & Lee 'Let The Good Times Roll' / 'I'm Gone' (Island / UK / 1965 / M-) £25

( I CANNOT believe how immaculate this white Island 45 is...it's THE cleanest record on the whole list and it's nearly 48 years old - it is categorically UNPLAYED...magnificent JA R&B version of the Stagger Lee killer as also done by Ray Charles, Marvi Smith etc etc ad infinitum...flip is also stunning....check it... )

Bill Doggett 'Blues For Handy' / 'How Could You' (King / USA / 1958 / VG+) £10

( Two low-slung, LA-Low Rider-styled Soul / Jazz strollers from dab hand and long-time practicioner, Bill Doggett - just such great grooves - both sides a bit scuffed up but play nice and loud and a total, total bargain @ ten quid...no YouTube available for this so I've used a clip from another, similar-sounding release from BD from same year to give you an idea of the 'sound'... )

Freddy King 'Hide Away' / 'Have You Ever Loved A Woman' (King / USA / 1960s / VG) £8

( Sadly, this has got a tiny edge crack which causes it to very lightly click for a few revs but it's in no way to bad and soon fades....great slowie on flip too... )

Jackie Wilson 'The Who Who Song' / 'Since You Showed Me How To Be Happy' (MCA / UK / 1967 / VG+) £15

( Tuff, tuff to find UK copy here - this one was the one used on the KFC ad campaign before The Flirtations 'Nothing But A Heartache' - still a terrific side from Jackie - top Northern Soul tune...few scuffs / marks but still solid gold, babe.... )

Bobby Newton 'Do The Whip' (voc/inst) (Mercury / USA / 1960s / M-/M-) £25

( Rare uptempo, Detroit Northern which I've had before a coupla times before but NEVER in this pic sleeve....unplayed copy here and the instrumental side is actually credited to The Gravities - Mike Terry arranged, Jesse James produced...magic...the pic sleeve is actually illustrated with some dance steps and notes on how to do 'The Whip' - looks easy, but I'm sure it ain't...sorry - no YouTube for this - get in touch if you want a blast... )

Joe Quarterman and Free Soul 'Get Down Baby pts 1 & 2' (Mercury / USA / 1974 / M-) £50

( Unplayed promo copy of what is certifiably Joe's rarest 45 release....I think JQ was criminally underrated and believe me, this 45 is 100% Black Gold - incredibly sophisticated Soul / Funk groover which is even a bit 'Cosmic' in it's conception / arrangement - truly, truly stunning piece....it's even got a (conga) break midway in....highly, highly, HIGHLY recommended...the phlanged trumpet solo on the flip left me gasping for air...SOMEBODY PLEASE BUY THIS COS I JUST CANNOT AFFORD TO KEEP IT....Record Of The List..so far.... )

Razzy 'I Hate Hate' (MGM / USA / 1974 / M-) £20

( Unplayed OG USA pressed copy.... )

Johnny Nash 'Stormy' / '(I'm So) Glad You're My Baby' (MGM / USA / 1967 / Ex+) £25

( Lovely, lovely version of the old Leon Ware classic (my fave version is by The Supremes - ya heard that? OMG........!!) but this is superb too - Johnny's vox are outstanding.... I've also got a VG UK copy on MGM @ £8 if anybody wants it - pretty crunchy but plays all thru with a bit of noise - could use a clean...)

Ray Barretto 'El Watusi' / 'Ritmo Sabroso' (Mojo / UK / 1968 / M-) £15

( See what I mean? This one's been dinked too...another one I never knew had been released on UK....both sides need little or no introduction from me - outstanding Latin Soul / Funk of the highest order - unplayed copy...total bargain... )

The Invitations 'What's Wrong With Me Baby' (Mojo / UK / 1972 / Ex) £25

( Is this tune the 'epitome' of Northern Soul? It's very likely one of the first NS records many people ever heard and it's an extremely evocative tune as is...dined again (doh!) but with the added bonus of having an OG Mojo custom sleeve to go with it....wonderful condition - just a few scuffs / marks - plays very clean... )

Larry Ellis and the Black Hammer 'Black Feeling' / 'You Brought Love' (Moondog / USA / 1970s / Ex+) £50

Rick James 'Fool On The Street' (Motown / UK / 1979 / M-) £20

( Special, special record to me and I've enjoyed some of THE very best time in my whole life dancing to this record @ venues on the Northern scene like Morecambe Pier, Warrington Parr Hall, Rock City in Nottingham etc etc....immaculate demo copy here too in correct Motown custom baggie - simply put - one of THE BEST tunes ever, ever played on the Northern Soul scene - fact...never, ever fails to get me going... )

Stevie Wonder 'Fingertips pts 1 & 2' (Oriole / UK / 1963 / VG+) £25

( Stevie's first-ever UK record release...! On the short-lived (but much-lauded!) Oriole label...an incredibly mature debut for a 12 year old boy - he sounds like he's been doing this all of his life already!! Outstanding Soul-Jazz track/s which owe a huge debt of gratitude to both Daddy Ray Charles and Quincy Jones...sadly nowhere near M- with scuffs a-plenty and some background scrunge - plays nice and loud though - a piece of Black Music History.... )

Laurel Aitken 'Jesse James' / 'Freedom' (Pama Nu Beat / UK / 1969 / Ex) £15

( All-time classic Skin tunes from Mr Pop-A-Top himself...pure historical music....lovely copy - just slightly scuffed / marked - no biggie at all... )

The Montclairs 'Unwanted Love' (Paula / USA / 1973 / M-) £20

( Gorgeous WD copy of this exceptional midpacer which is almost (but not quite!) as good as their massive 'Hung Up On Your Love' killer - never, ever seen a WD of this before - recommended - immaculate copy....

Madeline Bell 'Picture Me Gone' / 'I'm Gonna Make You Love Me' (Philips / USA / 1968 / Ex+) £12

( Beautiful copy of this evergreen NS oldie in the correct Philips custom sleeve, first pressed light blue label issue copy...drill hole but otherwise totally clean.. )

Madeline Bell 'I'm Gonna Make You Love Me' (Philips / UK /1967 / VG+) £8

( Great singer, this lady, and she makes a good fist here of this classic Motown tune - bit of crackle / crunch in the quieter parts so priced very fairly.... )

Magnetic Force 'Is It Wrong' / 'Through The Pain' (Pickin Post / USA / 1978 / M-) £50

( Unplayed copy of this wonderful / rare / indemand Modern Soul dancer with stunning dancefloor appeal - good ballad to flip side too - rare as ya like....sorry - no YouTube available for this one yet... )

Lyn Collins 'Ain't No Sunshine' (Polydor / USA / 1972) £5

( Not grading this cos it's actually cracked (my first-ever cracked record sale!) - needs to be repaired and I don't have time to do it - it's a clean crack (fnar! fnar!) and just needs a bit of TLC but I ain't got time to do it - if M-, I'd be asking £30+ here as this is one of Lyn's rarest...ask around... )

Cloud One 'Atmosphere Strut pts 1 & 2' (P&P / USA / 1976 / Ex+) £8

( What can ya say? All-time killer/classic NYC disco from Patrick Adams & Peter Brown on a lovely original USA label issue - still gets me even after hearing it 100s and 100s of times down the years......99% unplayed... )

Little Beaver 'Let The Good Times Roll' / 'Let's Stick Together' (President / UK / 1975 / M-)£15

( UNPLAYED big red 'A' DEMO COPY....for me, this is this amazingly talented guitarists' best, most enduring track....pure, pure black magic with a hook to die for...simply put one of THE best 2 Step cuts you'll ever hear - and on an unplayed demo here to, extra special... )

Betty Everett 'Getting Mighty Crowded' / 'It's In His Kiss (The Shoop Shoop Song)' (President / UK / 1968 / M-) £10

( UNPLAYED COPY...outstanding copy of an all-time classic double-sider....both sides simply timeless... )

Sugar Pie Desanto 'Soulful Dress' / 'Use What You Got' (Pye International / UK /1964 / Ex)£25

( Few scuffs / light marks - nothing bad, seriously - outstanding R&B / Soul double-sider on a very tough UK Pye red/yellow label press....stunning piece... )

Maxine Brown 'Oh No Not My Baby' / 'You Upset My Soul' (Pye International / UK / 1964 / Ex) £20

( Lovely copy again on same label design as above - 2 outstanding R&B / NS sides, few scuffs here and there but plays like a dream - wonderful, wonderful voice.... )

The Nite-Liters 'K-Jee' / 'Tanga Boo Gonk' (RCA / UK / 1972 / Ex) £6

( Great, heavily-pressed UK copy -2 stunning tunes....what an amazing band these guys were.... )

Brainstorm 'Wake Up And Be Somebody' / 'We Know A Place' (RCA / UK / 1976 / M-) £8

( UNPLAYED COPY....immaculate.... as I said earlier, this groups's records are truly rising in price and here is one of their very best....massive Modern Soul / Disco business... )

James T 'Beggin' / 'Time Heals All Pain' (Reid's World / USA / 1977 / M-) £50

( New one on me? YET another amazing release from Clarence Reid on an FLA label (Reid's World was EXTEREMLY short-lived...) 'Beggin' is a bit saccharine-sweet for me but 'Time Heals All Pain' is waaaay better - great funky / soul inst with flute, wah-wah, great rhythm and high dancefloor appeal - about as rare as they come from that state, folks...sorry - no YouTube available for this yet... )

Desmond Dekker 'Busted Lad' / 'Travel On' (Rhino / UK / 1974 / M-) £12

( Unplayed demo copy of this rocking 'Israelites' soundalike tune from golden-voiced DD - flip is getting more Roots-like...must be rare as it doesn't appear in any of Desmond's discographies that I've seen - maybe it was Demo only? Actually some great Reggae stuff on Rhino...still lots to be found, too... )

Brotherly Love 'Whole Lotta You In Me' / 'Inst' (Robinson & Son / USA / 1990 / M-) £40

( UNPLAYED COPY...Modern Soul dancer of the highest pedigree - was simply HUGE as a new release and became very difficult to find very quickly..... )

Ecstacy, Passion & Pain 'Ask Me' (Roulette / USA / 1974 / M-) £6

( Unplayed copy of this MASSIVE Northern Soul / Blackpool Mecca dancer - love, love, love this... )

Tommy James & The Shondells 'I'm Alive' / 'Crystal Blue Persuasion' (Roulette / UK / 1969 / VG+) £10

( 2 great Psyche / Freakbeat sides here from a master practicioner...lotsa scuffs / marks but plays very, very well... )

Tommy James & The Shondells 'Crimson & Clover' / 'Some Kind Of Love' (Roulette / UK / 1969 / Ex) £10

( Ditto the above - so hard to find these 2 on UK Roulette - a lovely pair (fnar! fnar!)...... )

Betty Williams 'Baby Don't You Know That I Love You' (Rollins / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £30

( Cracking little R&B / Sister Funk tune from a very young-sounding Betty with some heavy B3 splashes and great muted brass all thru - Betty's vox are outstanding here and actually remind me of a young Aretha Franklin in many ways cop a listen - on Bird Rollins fledgling NJ label - well-respected Deep Soul flip too 'What Can I Do'...2 great sides...sorry - no YouTube available for this one yet.. )

The Salsoul Orchestra feat. Loleatta Holloway 'Run Away' (long/short) (Salsoul / USA / 197 / M-) £40

( Believe me, this RARE...never had / seen a 7" of this before - I doubted it's existence...immaculate / unplayed copy here...stunning NYC Disco / Modern Soul anthem.... )

The Salsoul Orchestra feat. Jocelyn Brown 'Take Some Time Out (For Love)' (Salsoul / USA / 1982 / M-) £40

( As rare, if not rarer, than the above - this one is just literally impossible to find on 7" as it never actually got a proper 7" press - this copy is a Stereo/Stereo press with exactly the same cut / timings on both sides which points to a DJ-only run...immaculate, immaculate copy here - unplayed and produced by my Big Apple great hero, Patrick Adams, hugely influential tune and sampled / played / copied loved to death by black music aficionados for many, many years.... )

The Valentinos 'It's All Over Now' (SAR / USA / 1964 / Ex+) £20

( Stunning copy of this hugely influential (cue Rolling Stones...) tune - massive on the early-Northern scene and a trail-blazer ever since - Bobby Womack for President...! )

Funky Party Band 'Chocolate And Vanilla' / 'Funky Jam' (Seville / UK / 1975 / M-) £50

( More Clarence Reid / Blowfly goodness this List and it's nice to be able to offer this one at last cos it is UNDOUBTEDLY the rarest release on Seville Records - I didn't even know this existed till this one came in - and presented here for sale on a big 'A' demo copy - stunning, stunning Funk double-sider that - to me - sounds like it was done on the same session as The Spunky Onion 'Cookie Man' - believe me, this is O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G FLA Funk.... )

The Messengers 'California Soul' (Soul / USA / 1967 / VG+) £15

( Great version of the Ashford & Simpson classic from these Motown bit players - few scuffs here and there so priced down from my usual £20...very, very tough to find, believe me... )

Billy Butler 'The Right Track' / 'The Boston Monkey' (Soul City / UK / 1969 / Ex) £20

( Few scuffs to wax and a bit of wear to label but otherwise A-1...tow all-time classic NS sides from Jerry's older brother.... )

Joe Liggins and his Honeydrippers 'The Honeydripper' / 'I've Got A Right To Cry' (Speciality / USA / 1950s / VG+) £20

( I can't find out anything much online about this so I'm gonna throw it out cheap - this is the original version of the tune later covered to great effect by Delores Ealy on Duplex - this version is more Boogie-Woogie in style but a mighty tune none-the-less, the (slower) flip is also great in it's own way....I know nothing about stuff like this so somebody please take it off my hands and run with it...few scuffs / marks here and there but still in incredible condition considering it's nearly 60 years old..... )

Dean Parrish 'Skate pts 1 & 2' (Stateside / UK / 1966 / Ex+) £60

( Definitely Dean's toughest UK release - absolute M-U-R-D-E-R to find clean... killer Mod / Hammond classic dancer, complete with Stateside paper sleeve...big personal fave...tuff one on UK press...........has had only very few plays.... )

Dean Parrish 'Determination' / 'Turn On Your Lovelight' (Stateside / UK / 1966 / VG+) £40

( Teeny-tiny edge warp which requires extra needle weight to play thru - 100% total and absolute Northern anthem.... )

Little Sister 'You're The One pts 1 & 2' (Stoneflower / USA / 1970 / Ex+) £8

( Top, top copy of this ever-indemand Sly Stone production with some of THE most-sampled Beats in Hip-Hop-History and Sly's sound is stamped all over this - exquisite double-sider...... )

Lee Dorsey 'Get Out Of My Life, Woman' (Stateside / UK / 1965 / Ex+) £12

( Seemingly unplayed copy in correct Statside custom sleeve - lovely copy of this - the original 'Big Beat' - knoworrimean.... )

Eddie Floyd 'Big Bird' (Stax / UK / 1968 / M-) £25

( Unplayed copy on stunning blue Stax label press - so, so hard to find....amazing tune as later covered to great effect by Rosetta Hightower... )

Johnnie Taylor 'Friday Night' / 'I Ain't Particular' (Stax / UK /1975 / M-) £15

( Unplayed copy of this tuff, ruff Northern stomper - as also done by Steve Mancha etc - huge dancer....in correct Stax custom sleeve too... )

Sandy's Gang 'Hungry' (voc/inst) (Sunrise / USA / 1978 / M-) £40

( No Resolution Records list is complete without a few Patrick Adams joints and here's a rare one - absolutely stunning Disco / Soul from Patrick Adams with a wonderful vocal performance from Fay Hauser...immaculate condition... )

Brainstorm 'Wake Up And Be Somebody' / 'We Know A Place' (Tabu / USA / 1976 / M-) £10

( Unplayed OG USA press copy in immaculate Tabu custom sleeve... )

Barbara Randolph 'I Got A Feeling' / 'You Got Me Hurtin All Over' (Tamla Motown / UK / 1967 / Ex) £40

( Rare TMG number (TMG 628) lovely copy - massive dancer on topside and great floater on flip....lovely condition too - just a bit scuffed...would be most other dealer's Ex+... )

Five Special 'The More I Get To Know You pts 1 & 2' (Teat / USA / 1976 / M-) £20

( Unplayed copy of this incredibly infectious, warm Modern / Northern Soul dancer... )

Tony Aiken & Future 2000 'Soul Disco pts 1 & 2' (Tobin / USA / 1977 / Ex+) £10

( Few light scuffs and some warehouse dust - otherwise clean as a whistle....huge Disco-Funk 45 - very, very tough to find.... )

Syl Johnson 'One Way Ticket To Nowhere' / 'Kiss By Kiss' (Twinight / USA / 1960s / Ex) £25

( Superb Xover tune/s from Syl - Donny Hathaway-produced... )

Syl Johnson 'Get Ready' / 'Same Kind Of Thing' (Twinight / USA / 1960s / VG+) £15

( Classic Syl - 2 great sides.... )

Clausel 'Let Me Love You' (Up Right / USA / 1982 / M-) £100

( Ignore my M- grade, this is actually MINT cos it's unplayed (I know this to be true!) and it's a WD copy too - must admit I didn't even know this had been pressed to 7" as I've only ever run into the 12" before - stunning, stunning 2 Step / Boogie / Modern Seoul groove which is just impossible not to dance to when it comes on - huge tune @ Parkers for Dean and Richard Searling right back in the day and sounds amazing when played next to stuff like Garfield Fleming 'Don't Send Me Away' etc - so - this List now has 2 of THE greatest 2 Step tracks our scene has ever known, Clausel AND Rita Wright...how cool is that? If anybody is feeling brave / flush and wants to buy both Clausel AND Rita Wright together from me, I'll do em a good discount - ok? IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS......... )

Jean & The Darlings 'How Can You Mistreat The One You Love' / 'That Man Of Mine' (Volt / USA / 1960s / VG+) £15

( Rare NS / Xover double-sider, never had / seen this one before - 2 top sides - few scuffs / marks - nothing horrendous..great 45... )

End-Of-7 ³-List

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source