Original Only,archie Bell And The Drells-Tighten Up

arnie j

hi folks,big respect to this classic,mould breaking record,original only please ! and it will only be a few quid,its that good it sold millions,thanks in advance guys and gals

jason

also want,begining of the end-funky nassau,again original only please,both records to be at least ex please,thanks again

Edited by arnie j
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I bought a NM Ovide copy off John Anderson at Cleethorpes a few years back. He said it was the first one that he'd ever had that wasn't knackered, and one of only a handful that he'd ever had, period.

I paid a ton for it.

Tim Ashibende had a VG copy for sale at the same weekender for £80.00

Not wanting to pull up the good brother Hampsey on his pricing but I think you'd be VERY lucky to find even a trashed one for thirty quid. Even though it supposedly sold several thousand copies on Ovide before Atlantic picked it up.

I do have an Atlantic West Coast demo (with 'Dog Eat Dog' as the Plug Side) kicking around here somewhere, not sure of the condition but I can unearth and check it you're interested.

And you are right in that it's a ground breaking record - to my mind it's one of the defining and most influential recordings in the whole spectrum of black American music.

Social source share

Source Advert