Teddy Pendergrass-You Can't Hide From Yourself

Kev John

Not sure mate - I have the album. Coincidentally there is a post it note on my deck reminding me to post up one of Teddy's tracks later.

:thumbsup:

yr

pete

I've got the dutch 45 never seen another one since it's my all time fav's I played it @ Keele in the modern room many moons ago

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I always thought this was LP only track?

Came out in Holland on 7 pic sleeve with I don't love you anymore on flip on PIR

Did it get released in any other countries ?

Top quality tune just thinking about it yesterday.Saw him at Manchester Apollo late 70s/early 80,s. AWESOME. My fav though is Be Sure by him. Even my 16 year old rock loving son likes it..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder

Was this record only released in Holland circa 77 ?

Yes, "You Can't Hide From Yourself" was released as a 7" in Holland with a picture sleeve in 1977. As far as I know that is the only place where that tune gained a 45 release at that time. It has got "I Don't Love You Anymore" on the b-side.

That 45 from Holland does however seems to have been quickly withdrawn and another Teddy Pendergrass 45 with the same catalogue number is far more common and it has got "I Don't Love You Anymore" on the a-side and "Somebody Told Me" on the b-side.

Edited by Sebastian
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes, "You Can't Hide From Yourself" was released as a 7" in Holland with a picture sleeve in 1977. As far as I know that is the only place where that tune gained a 45 release at that time. It has got "I Don't Love You Anymore" on the b-side.

That 45 from Holland does however seems to have been quickly withdrawn and another Teddy Pendergrass 45 with the same catalogue number is far more common and it has got "I Don't Love You Anymore" on the a-side and "Somebody Told Me" on the b-side.

Hi Sebastian

Thanks for your reply

I've got the picture sleeve with it to but can't post scan sorry !!!! :( :(

atb SG :hatsoff2:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I'm certain that "You Can't Hide From Yourself" was released In Australia on PIR with "I Don't Love You Anymore" as the B side . I'll try dig out the record and post a scan. :thumbsup:

Hi sunny did you find your copy just asking as it would be interesting if it came out in OZ ?

Let me Know either way thanks in advance Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by soulghost
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!