Discotron For Auction On Ebay

Pete S

Very very scarce opportunity to find a working Discotron

Here is something you very rarely see; a working DISCOTRON portable record player! This one was made by Discotron Ltd of Birmingham in around 1969/70 and is still fully functioning. Okay, it's going to need a bit of work on the general packaging but this would be a nice restoration job for someone. This is one of the very rare deluxe models which also had a built in radio. The record player works perfectly and the stylus is intact. When I got the machine, it did not work, but that was simply a small adjustment that needed to be made and I successfully fixed it. The radio does work, but only up to a point. If you take the machine apart, you'll see that the face of the radio, where the station information is, is starting to warp so the tuner can only go so far before it sticks. Again, this could easily be mended by someone who knows what they are doing. The power source is 2 x 9 volt batteries which can be purchased from hardware stores for around £2 each. It is housed in a wooden case which has it's share of wear and tear due to the machine originally being fitted into a Ford Cpari (honestly!). Also, the original handle has been removed. If you would like any more information or extra photos, please let me know. I have only seen one other Discotron for sale on Ebay, and I've been on here for 6 years.

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Very very scarce opportunity to find a working Discotron

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=5879901837

Here is something you very rarely see; a working DISCOTRON portable record player! This one was made by Discotron Ltd of Birmingham in around 1969/70 and is still fully functioning. Okay, it's going to need a bit of work on the general packaging but this would be a nice restoration job for someone. This is one of the very rare deluxe models which also had a built in radio. The record player works perfectly and the stylus is intact. When I got the machine, it did not work, but that was simply a small adjustment that needed to be made and I successfully fixed it. The radio does work, but only up to a point. If you take the machine apart, you'll see that the face of the radio, where the station information is, is starting to warp so the tuner can only go so far before it sticks. Again, this could easily be mended by someone who knows what they are doing. The power source is 2 x 9 volt batteries which can be purchased from hardware stores for around £2 each. It is housed in a wooden case which has it's share of wear and tear due to the machine originally being fitted into a Ford Cpari (honestly!). Also, the original handle has been removed. If you would like any more information or extra photos, please let me know. I have only seen one other Discotron for sale on Ebay, and I've been on here for 6 years.

d4_1_b.JPG

wow that looks absolutely nuts ph34r.gif fitted in a ford capri!! PMSL, surely it was the coolest car in the world?

good luck with the sale!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert