Del Larks Live

Managed to get to NJ for the Fri/Sat of the Soultrip thingy:

Del Larks live Saturday night...........................unbeleiveably good, only did Job Opening, but then thats all we want really isnt it, spoke to Sammy Cambell & what a wonderful man. This was the highlight of a great live revue featuring a who's who, Spellbinders, Sandy Sheldon, Cindy Scott, Archie Bell & others, still mashed from the weekend, so gonna take some time to sink in, but the DL blew me away completely, seems like I had waited my whole life to witness this & I'm struggling to find the words to describe it. BTW the backing band'The Original Sinners' were as tight as Paris Hiltons G String. Thank f**k I decided to make the 14 hour round trip, it was worth it just for the Del Larks alone.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Greg Tormo said he was staying away and didn't think Sammy Campbell would be there, something about Kev Roberts and Delarks copyrights etc, guess he must have got it all wrong. Sounds like it was a good weekend.

i don't think that this issue is over...more like its just began :rolleyes:

BTW the backing band'The Original Sinners' were as tight as Paris Hiltons G String. Thank f**k I decided to make the 14 hour round trip, it was worth it just for the Del Larks alone.

Russ

ranting_1.gif Russ, can we use that on our website? Thank you so much!

The Del-Larks were absolutely, stunningly amazing. Weeks later and Job Opening is still rolling around in my head, and I'm STILL not sick of it. They were total class acts and they've very much still got "it"!

Greg Tormo said he was staying away and didn't think Sammy Campbell would be there, something about Kev Roberts and Delarks copyrights etc, guess he must have got it all wrong. Sounds like it was a good weekend.

Greg Tormo..as usual...got it wrong.

A pleasure to work with the delightful Sammy and the Del-Larks. They are indeed good friends.

I stood at the foot of 'stage right' with Molly and Tim Brown to watch the Del Larks perform. 1st things 1st - the backing band WERE probably the best I've heard. All of them young lads but definately not strangers to the music - jeez they even nailed the cookie intro to 'Job Opening'.

As the guys burst into song, the three of us simply stopped bopping about and just stared at each other sharing one of those 'can't desribe' moments. It was like....."What the f**k......."

Stunningly amazing jus about covers it - I dont think I shall ever, ever forget that performance - incredible and, alone, worth the trip.

Edited by burysoul

Source Advert