Anglesey All-nighter - Amlwch - Summer Stunner

:D What a Scorcher!!! - for an "Amlwch Virgin" it was a real eye opener for me... despite a 3 hour + drive and a detour via Llandudno.. it was well worth the effort.

Maybe because of the football and the fine weather, I understand it was not quite as busy as more recent ones, but you could not fault the atmosphere and certainly not the music. It was fantastic!

Many travellers from far and wide (possibly more than locals even) - some great DJ's and a friendly, buzzing atmosphere - a tribute to Steve, Jimbo and the Guys for putting this little Gem together... :D

I'm sure there will be more to follow on this one............ let the praise begin :yes:

P.s Thanks guys for the invite..

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Nice one night owl, what tunes floated your boat on the night, the Dj's that stood out ect :yes:

To be truthful Baz it would be hard to say who stood out more, mainly because everyone put together really good sets - all different - all containing something stunning (was I buzzing or what?) lol

Steve T - as always got the ball rolling with some up-tempo stuff like Debbie Taylor...

Mike Hughes - with some Banging 70's..

Karle Heard - as usual - applying the Grinding/Funky/Raw kind of stuff (that I like) - what about that Harlem Suffle?

Karl Rhodes (imoho) just applied the pressure from Start to finish - Lazy - I do Love You e.t.c... superb...

Chico as ever - totally accross the Board - such flair..

Keb "the Master" Murphy - never failing to please..... Jumpin' Joan etc etc...

and the list just goes on...

Sadly I left before Sam's spot due to having to be back to see to the kids.... but it was tough having to go...

All in all - one of the most enjoyable (musically) that I have been to for a while :yes:

Edited by NiteOwl

To be truthful Baz it would be hard to say who stood out more, mainly because everyone put together really goos sets - all different - all containing something stunning (was I buzzing or what?) lol

Steve T - as always got the ball rolling with some up-tempo stuff like Debbie Taylor...

Mike Hughes - with some Banging 70's..

Karle Heard - as usual - applying the Grinding/Funky/Raw kind of stuff (that I like) - what about that Harlem Suffle?

Karl Rhodes (imoho) just applied the pressure from Start to finish - Lazy - I do Love You e.t.c... superb...

Chico as ever - totally accross the Board - such flair..

Keb "the Master" Murphy - never failing to please..... Jumpin' Joan etc etc...

and the list just goes on...

Sadly I left before Sam's spot due to having to be back to see to the kids.... but it was tough having to go...

All in all - one of the most enjoyable (musically) that I have been to for a while :yes:

Nice one, The two Karl's certainly know good tunes :yes: allways done it for me when i've herd them :yes:

Nice one, The two Karl's certainly know good tunes :yes: allways done it for me when i've herd them :yes:

I suspect that we might be able to tweak a few playlists out of the Guys here :yes: - apart from the one or two cover-ups (KH) :yes: played ....

I for one was struggling to keep tabs on when and who was playing what - so .... any chance we could get some here guys? it was good... so go on share... please....

HI AL , THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS REALY GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOURSELF!! YOUR SPOT WENT DOWN WELL TOO ,ALL THE DJ`S PLAYED BLINDERS I WILL POST PLAY LIST ABIT LATER

GREAT TUNES PLAYED BY ALL, NUNBERS DOWN AS LOT OF LOCALS AWAY ON HOLIDAY AND AFAIR FEW SKINT AFTER LAST WEEKS BIG WEDDING!! AND AFEW GROUNED AFTER OVER DOING THINGS AT THE WEDDING, BOY WAS IF HOT IN THE TARDIS!! :yes::yes:

STEVE T

I suspect that we might be able to tweak a few playlists out of the Guys here :yes: - apart from the one or two cover-ups (KH) :yes: played ....

I for one was struggling to keep tabs on when and who was playing what - so .... any chance we could get some here guys? it was good... so go on share... please....

Edited by steve th

Phew..... most certainly was a hot one!!

Was a fantastic nite as always.... such fantastic hosts .... really go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome.... something you don't get everywhere.... and Lydia you looked lovely :yes:

From the minute you walk in you get that 'you're home' feeling..... accompanied usually with a cheer as you walk through the door... something i don't get at home i might add!

Yes the numbers were down a bit on usual.... but it didn't seem to dampen any spirits.... always up for it here no matter how many are in.

All DJ's played fantastic spots.... really couldn't single anybody out.... and that's not being diplomatic... that's just the plain truth.

Amlwch is a venue where all DJs play their little hearts out.... wether they be guest or resident.... it's one venue that definitely has that 'buzz'.... where everybody wants to do their best for the right reasons.... for their heart.... and not a big head.... all pulling together rather than against each other.... which is essential for a good night imo.

The night went far too quick as it always does.... and even getting stuck in a massive traffic jam on the way home ....for over an hour.... 10 miles outside Preston..... where the temperature topped 32 degrees.... couldn't dampen what was an incredible night!

I would also like to add a HUGE THANKYOU to the bar staff.... where, believe me, nothing is too much trouble... and you ALWAYS get service with a smile.... which in that heat at the weekend.... still didn't waver.... which i think is incredible ... so THANKYOU!!

Will post playlist later once i check what i played :yes:

TOP NIGHT!

Edited by jumpinjoan

Right ... here we go... what i played at a very warm Amlwch....

HUNS REVIEW - DON'T MAKE ME LOVE YOU - SORRO

TOMMY ROGERS - PASS THE WORD - AJP

PERFECTIONS - I LOVE YOU MY LOVE - SVR

DIFOSCO - SUNSHINE LOVE - EARTHQUAKE

MARSHALL & CHILITES - PRICE OF LOVE - DAKAR

WINSTONS - AINT NOTHING LIKE - CURTOM

FOUR PROS - EVERYBODYS GOT SOME SOUL - CARLA

JESSE JOHNSON - LEFT OUT - OLD TOWN

VENTURAS - HEART OF LOVE - GREEN LIGHT

TOWANA - GET THAT FEELING BACK AGAIN - ROMARK

BUDDY LAMP - SAVE YOUR LOVE - WHEELSVILLE

HEARTBREAKERS - I'VE GOT TO FACE IT - DERBY CITY

TOMORROWS MEN - WHO'S THAT LADY - CONGRESS

BELLES - DON'T PRETEND - MIRWOOD

LARRY WILLIAMS - ASK FOR ONE GOOD REASON - OKEH

INSPIRATIONS - WISH IS MY COMMAND - MIDAS

MASQUERADERS - HOW - LA BEAT

MARTHA & VANDELLAS - BEEN IN LOVE TOO LONG - GORDY

VELVELETTES - BIRD IN THE HAND - VIP

GEORGE HOBSON - LET IT BE REAL - SOUND CITY

LYRICS - KEEP ME CLOSE TO YOUR HEART - JWJ

SOUL BLENDERS - LOVE BUILT ON A STRONG FOUNDATION - VANESSA

HEADLINES - HE'S LOOKING FOR A LOVE - LUAU

.......I thankyou :rolleyes:

Guest kermack

Right ... here we go... what i played at a very warm Amlwch....

HUNS REVIEW - DON'T MAKE ME LOVE YOU - SORRO

TOMMY ROGERS - PASS THE WORD - AJP

PERFECTIONS - I LOVE YOU MY LOVE - SVR

DIFOSCO - SUNSHINE LOVE - EARTHQUAKE

MARSHALL & CHILITES - PRICE OF LOVE - DAKAR

WINSTONS - AINT NOTHING LIKE - CURTOM

FOUR PROS - EVERYBODYS GOT SOME SOUL - CARLA

JESSE JOHNSON - LEFT OUT - OLD TOWN

VENTURAS - HEART OF LOVE - GREEN LIGHT

TOWANA - GET THAT FEELING BACK AGAIN - ROMARK

BUDDY LAMP - SAVE YOUR LOVE - WHEELSVILLE

HEARTBREAKERS - I'VE GOT TO FACE IT - DERBY CITY

TOMORROWS MEN - WHO'S THAT LADY - CONGRESS

BELLES - DON'T PRETEND - MIRWOOD

LARRY WILLIAMS - ASK FOR ONE GOOD REASON - OKEH

INSPIRATIONS - WISH IS MY COMMAND - MIDAS

MASQUERADERS - HOW - LA BEAT

MARTHA & VANDELLAS - BEEN IN LOVE TOO LONG - GORDY

VELVELETTES - BIRD IN THE HAND - VIP

GEORGE HOBSON - LET IT BE REAL - SOUND CITY

LYRICS - KEEP ME CLOSE TO YOUR HEART - JWJ

SOUL BLENDERS - LOVE BUILT ON A STRONG FOUNDATION - VANESSA

HEADLINES - HE'S LOOKING FOR A LOVE - LUAU

As usual spot on, I remenber when you got the Jesse Johnson !!! f***k me nearly 20 yrs ago !!!

:rolleyes:

Is the Towana the other side of ''wear.........''

Johnny

Guest sharynm

:D

Nice one, The two Karl's certainly know good tunes :yes: allways done it for me when i've herd them :thumbsup:

I suspect that we might be able to tweak a few playlists out of the Guys here :thumbsup: - apart from the one or two cover-ups (KH) :shades: played ....

sorry it's late but here is my playlist. It's not every time you are invited to DJ at a night which turns out to be so special but everyone there will understand. For me it was probably the best nighter that I have been to/involved with for a long while, everything perfect, brilliant music, brilliant crowds and perfect hosts. To Steve and everyone involved, thanks for making me a part and thanks to everyone who attended. Please can I come and DJ again?!!! :yes:

SORRY IF ANY OF THE BELOW IS WRONG BUT I'M DOING THIS IN WORK FROM KEV'S SCRIBBLE AND CAN'T READ IT VERY WELL :unsure:

THE PARLIMENTS - DON'T BE SORE AT ME - REVILOT

THE TWANS - I CAN'T SEE HIM AGAIN - DADE

THE FLIRTATIONS - STRONGER THAN HER LOVE - FESTIVAL

THE MASQUERADERS - DO YOU LOVE ME BABY - WAND

JO SIMON - THE GIRLS ALRIGHT WITH ME - SOUND STAGE 7

THE LOVERS - WITHOUT A DOUBT - FRANTIC

WILLIE HUTCH - LOVE RUNS OUT - DUNHILL

JIMMY CONWELL - TOO MUCH - GEMINI

THORNTON SISTERS - OOH POO PAH DOO - CHIPPY

JOHNSON SISTERS - I FOUND MY PLACE - BROADWAY

BOBBY JAMES - I REALLY LOVE YOU - KAROL RECORDS

TANGEERS - LET MY HEART AND SOUL BE FREE - OKEY

THE INCREDIBLES - I FOUND ANOTHER LOVE - AUDIO ARTS

FRANK BEVERLEY - IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED - GAMBLE

MARTHA STARR - LOVES THE ONLY SOLUTION - THELMA

MATT LUCAS - YOU BETTER GO GO - KARREN

THE MAMSELLES - OPEN UP YOUR HEART - ABC

THE GAMBRELLES - YOU BETTER MOVE - CARLA RECORDS

CALVIN GRAYSTON - LOVE JUST BEGUN - IN RECORDS

THE HIGH KEYS - LIVING A LIE - VERVE

THE SONATAS - GOING ON DOWN THE ROAD - HOT LINE

EDDIE DAY AND THE FOUR BARS - GUESS WHO LOVES YOU - SHRINE

PAULETTE - LOVE YOU BABY - CONTACT

THE DELTOURS - SWEET AND LOVELY - STARVILLE

ERNEST MOSLEY - STUBBORN HEART - LA CINDY

STEVE MANCHA - FRIDAY NIGHT - GROOVSVILLE

TRADE MARTIN - SHE PUT THE HURT ON ME - STALLION

Sorry I didn't put that this is Kev Murphy's play list not mine! mainly as the only rare record I own is by the goodies, Kev seems to think it's not that rare but what does he know! :thumbsup:

also thanks for the comments Grant - I'll let Mr Murphy know

Edited by sharynm

sorry it's late but here is my playlist. It's not every time you are invited to DJ at a night which turns out to be so special but everyone there will understand. For me it was probably the best nighter that I have been to/involved with for a long while, everything perfect, brilliant music, brilliant crowds and perfect hosts. To Steve and everyone involved, thanks for making me a part and thanks to everyone who attended. Please can I come and DJ again?!!! :thumbsup:

SORRY IF ANY OF THE BELOW IS WRONG BUT I'M DOING THIS IN WORK FROM KEV'S SCRIBBLE AND CAN'T READ IT VERY WELL :thumbsup:

THE PARLIMENTS - DON'T BE SORE AT ME - REVILOT

THE TWANS - I CAN'T SEE HIM AGAIN - DADE

THE FLIRTATIONS - STRONGER THAN HER LOVE - FESTIVAL

THE MASQUERADERS - DO YOU LOVE ME BABY - WAND

JO SIMON - THE GIRLS ALRIGHT WITH ME - SOUND STAGE 7

THE LOVERS - WITHOUT A DOUBT - FRANTIC

WILLIE HUTCH - LOVE RUNS OUT - DUNHILL

JIMMY CONWELL - TOO MUCH - GEMINI

THORNTON SISTERS - OOH POO PAH DOO - CHIPPY

JOHNSON SISTERS - I FOUND MY PLACE - BROADWAY

BOBBY JAMES - I REALLY LOVE YOU - KAROL RECORDS

TANGEERS - LET MY HEART AND SOUL BE FREE - OKEY

THE INCREDIBLES - I FOUND ANOTHER LOVE - AUDIO ARTS

FRANK BEVERLEY - IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED - GAMBLE

MARTHA STARR - LOVES THE ONLY SOLUTION - THELMA

MATT LUCAS - YOU BETTER GO GO - KARREN

THE MAMSELLES - OPEN UP YOUR HEART - ABC

THE GAMBRELLES - YOU BETTER MOVE - CARLA RECORDS

CALVIN GRAYSTON - LOVE JUST BEGUN - IN RECORDS

THE HIGH KEYS - LIVING A LIE - VERVE

THE SONATAS - GOING ON DOWN THE ROAD - HOT LINE

EDDIE DAY AND THE FOUR BARS - GUESS WHO LOVES YOU - SHRINE

PAULETTE - LOVE YOU BABY - CONTACT

THE DELTOURS - SWEET AND LOVELY - STARVILLE

ERNEST MOSLEY - STUBBORN HEART - LA CINDY

STEVE MANCHA - FRIDAY NIGHT - GROOVSVILLE

TRADE MARTIN - SHE PUT THE HURT ON ME - STALLION

[/quote

One of the best playlists I've seen in years :good:

:lol: My playlist for what its worth....... thanks for the great night again and a spell at the decks....

Something like this... as far as memory allows...

• "I Just Dont Know What To Do With Myself" by Cissy Houston
  • "One Room Paradise" by Margie Hendrix
  • "Birth Of A Playboy" by The Chosen Few
  • "He Dont Love You" by Levon & The Hawks
  • "Living Lie" by Bobby Angelle
  • "Youll Fall In Love" by The Jive Five
  • "River of Tears" by Barbara Banks
  • "Cant Make It Without You" by Bessie Banks
  • "Who do you think you are" by The Soul City
  • "Baby Dont Leave Me" by Jimmy Holland
  • "Lonely You'll Be" by Johnnie Mae Mathews
  • "Mon Petite Chow" by The Romeos