Scarborough In The 60s

Havin a real good chinwag with my cousin who now lives in Oz and we were recalling the great days when our Mums and Dads dragged us down to Scarborough in the 60s, we used to go to a place called Hairy Bobs Cavern, I always remember the dj playing Geno Washington's albums at that time (Foot Stompin etc), he didn't remember it but I can still see the sign outside, am I dreaming or does anyone know of this place, any info most welcome,

Lenny :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Havin a real good chinwag with my cousin who now lives in Oz and we were recalling the great days when our Mums and Dads dragged us down to Scarborough in the 60s, we used to go to a place called Hairy Bobs Cavern, I always remember the dj playing Geno Washington's albums at that time (Foot Stompin etc), he didn't remember it but I can still see the sign outside, am I dreaming or does anyone know of this place, any info most welcome,

Lenny :thumbsup:

Dunno about that club. I arrived here in '84 and the main club locals talk about is the Penthouse, which hosted hoary old rock bands like Free and Bad Company but later redeemed itself with the Pistols and the Stranglers.

There is a Hairy Bob's Cave

https://www.horbury.wakefield.sch.uk/Depart...SCF0714_JPG.htm

but that story is bollocks. I think it was a man made odditty from the 60s or 70s.

Does have a webcam though:

https://www.imaginativeicing.demon.co.uk/Sc...amHairyBob.html

Stunning eh?

There have been a few Hairy Bob's Cavern nights over the past couple of years but they have been gig nights at various venues organised by local fruitcake Cap'n Ants (of the icing shop link above)

Here's some of his stuff:

https://upforit-site.co.uk/excentricity_cam_archive.html

Not much help I know. I'll ask some of my pals and get back :P

Godz

Social source share

Which reminds me, I'm in the middle of organising a gig here: post-1918-1153252428.jpg

Cool venue eh? :P

Godz

F*ck me Godz thats where it was :thumbsup: , really need to be an old fart to remember I suppose but the place was great!, by the way i've just bought Godzilla vs The Thing DVD, imagine getting licked by a couple of grubs!, thought you were a tough guy :P

thanks mate,

Lenny

Social source share

• 4 years later...
Guest roggert

Lenny thumbsup.gif

looking thru all the old threads and found your question as a youth there was a cavern near the big road bridge that went over the v alley at scarbro underneath was / is an artificial cave that used to host a funfair and staged local

dances back in the mid /late sixties

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert