King Earnest/earnest King, Same Record ?

Hi All

I must start by saying that I feel for Neil Jones, reading his posting about a stolen record, happen to me a few time when DJing at Yate and Stafford and it's heart breaking.

But seeing the record he had stolen and looking at a record sitting by my turn table, same title, same name reversed.

I have

Earnest King, You gonna miss me/I can't turn it a loose, LK records

So is it the same, what the values of the two etc...

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

Same, but the LK is a later press of it. The flip of the LK is a 70s production and they must have stuck the previous recording on the other side to fill it, I guess.

Sonic is the original pressing, I guess at least 6 years earlier going by the productions. Same song+recording though, but obviously not as desirable to collectors.

Funk/northern of the highest order IMO.

Hope that helps Dave :yes:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Thanks James

Do you know any values ?

Do like the crossover/modern flip side, does the funky northern side get played much

The LK one I'd guess is around £75ish, maybe a little more.

I've not taken much notice of the modern/crossover flip to be honest, I've got it on Sonic. Wrighty has it on LK, but don't think he plays the 70s side.

I've posted the King Earnest on a Funky Four Pack if anyone wants to check it out.

Click here to listen!

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Damien

I have a copy on Sonic and this is a top double sider - the B side " the Soul stroke" is a killer as well :yes: .

Got it for around £100 but was quite lucky -was listed in a bad category on the Bay...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert