*new* Quality Selection Of Northern Soul Originals

Pete S

PETE SMITH

01902 326306

pete.smith@freeuk.com

AT LAST!  MY PHONE AND BROADBAND ARE WORKING AGAIN.  AND IT ONLY TOOK ME HAVING TO GO TO THE CEO OF BT TO GET THE WORK DONE, WELL DONE ME!

SO IT’S SAFE TO USE THE NORMAL PHONE NUMBER AGAIN NOW…

EYES DOWN, HERE COME SOME MORE BEAUTIES…

SAM COOKE — SUGAR DUMPLING — RCA                                                                                                M-             40

Beautiful copy in a fantastic original US picture sleeve

SAM & KITTY — YOUR MONEY, MY LOVE — 4 BROTHERS                                                              EX-           25

Few light marks but plays perfectly.  Little ring wear.  God Stafford oldie.

THE SAPPHIRES — GOTTA HAVE YOUR LOVE — ABC                                                                       EX            30

All time classic — nice copy

SANDY WYNNS — TOUCH OF VENUS — DOC                                                                                         G/VG       50 SOLD

This is the ultra rare Pennsylvania issue, same label as Paris — Sleepless Nights.  Anyway, it doesn’t look too healthy, no scratches but lots of marks.  Label has ring wear and is scruffy.  The record plays beautifully, crackles before it begins and on the drum intro but then I didn’t hear a sound after that.  Certainly an extremely rare record.

THE SEMINOLES — TROUBLE IN MIND — HI LITE                                                                              EX            75

Nice Detroit midtempo dancer, beautiful male harmony vocals.  Some light paper scuffing but plays MINT

THE SHAKERS — ONE WONDERFUL MOMENT — ABC DEMO                                                                        EX+         50 SOLD

Stunning white demo of this Torch classic

THE SHARPEES — I’VE GOT A SECRET — ONE DERFUL                                                                   EX            20

Possibly their least known but best dancer — I thought this sounded familiar — I had it by Robert Plant on UK CBS!

THE SHOWMEN — OUR LOVE WILL GROW / YOU’RE EVERYTHING — SWAN                      EX            80 SOLD

Double sided masterpiece on such a lovely copy — one light fingernail mark on one side otherwise mint

THE SHIRELLES — WAIT TILL I GIVE THE SIGNAL — SCEPTER                                                    EX-           30

100 Club dancer — light click on the intro — no real problem

SOUL GENTS — WONDERS OF LOVE — FROS RAY                                                                               M-             125 SOLD

Storming male vocal beauty from Los Angeles — mint copy — light pink label

SPYDER TURNER — I CAN’T MAKE IT ANYMORE — MGM DEMO                                                EX            100 SOLD

One of the toughest MGM demos of the lot — millions of stock copies for change, but very few demos — and one of the greatest records ever made as well.  Very very light ring wear hardly worth mentioning.  A few paper scuff marks, but plays mint.  Stunning.

THE STEINWAYS — YOU’VE BEEN LEADING ME ON — OLIVER                                                   EX            200 SOLD

Here’s a rarity, a copy of this one in nice condition!  And it has it’s original Oliver sleeve too.  Really great copy.

STERLING MAGEE — OH SHE WAS PRETTY — TRC                                                                            M-             15

Gritty R&B dancer, top condition, small deletion ‘gold spot’ on label

STEVE MANCHA — FRIDAY NIGHT — GROOVESVILLE                                                                      VG+         125

OK this one looks scruffy, marks on both sides, not terrible but untidy — name on label both sides — but as soon as the music stars, both sides play like new.  Two quality sides at half the ‘book price’

THE SWEET THREE — THAT’S THE WAY IT IS / BIG LOVERS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES — DECCA DEMO                                                                                                                                                            EX            125

Very nice Philly girl group double sider

DEALERS - YOU GOT IT — BIG BUNNY                                                                                    M-             100

Stone mint / unplayed copy

DEAN BARLOW - THIRD WINDOW FROM THE RIGHT - LESCAY                             EX            150

Bit early for me this one but what a tremendous copy, very hard to find in decent nick

DEAN COURTNEY - LOVE YOU JUST CAN'T WALK AWAY — MGM DJ                      VG++      200

Several marks but plays near mint

ALL RECORDS SOLD ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.

MY CARD FACILITY IS WORKING AGAIN, THOUGH I DO PREFER PAYPAL OR BANK TRANSFER BUT IT’S UP TO YOU.

MORE GOODIES LATER IN THE WEEK

CHEERS

PETE

POSTAGE IS £2.50 FOR FIRST 3 RECORDS IN THE UK (RECORDED)

SPECIAL DELIVERY IS RECOMMENDED FOR RARER ITEMS!  COST £7.10

DON’T FORGET YOU ARE ONLY COVERED UP TO ABOUT £40 FOR RECORDED DELIVERY ITEMS, IT’S WORTH PAYING THE EXTRA TO GET £500 INSURANCE

OVERSEAS WILL QUOTE BUT IT’S USUALLY £9 EUROPE AND £10 ELSEWHERE FOR REGISTERED POSTAGE.
CHEERS
PETE

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source