Guest SPUD 57

SPUD 57

Guest SPUD 57

Hi Guys,

New to Soul Source, Recent revival of old Love-Northern Soul.

Been listening to some great tunes from the "Good old Days'  Carstairs, Darrell Banks, etc.. on You Tube.

Like Paul Rudzitis, I am also from Leicester. Does anyone remember the Northern Soul that used to be held at Co-op in Leicester (High Street)?

I used to buy my singles from Terry Jackson and was a great time (1975)

I hear there is now a revival with a Northern Soul night in Ibstock?

Love to hear from those that remember that time.

KTF

Guest SPUD 57

Thanks Jim for recommendations.

Gilly, I wasn't at Coalville (My Brother was) No not back yet (Still In Indonesia) Not sure You know me---(Many, many people do know me)

Same age Yes, I helped my Dad out in Allied Carpets in Derby, but from Wigston, Leicester. Guthalaxton school--Always around Leicester Soul scene.

Hiya, remember 'terry jacksons soul hole'  one time we were in there he had a pile of Laura green moonlight etc and said guess what lads just found these in the attic, happy days. Cheers

Guest SPUD 57

So nobody used to go to Co-Op in Leicester?  I think I was imagine it ever happened--First play  I heard Carstairs--It really Hurts me girl--Rushed to Terry Jackson's to buy---Still sounds fantastic!

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.