PayPal F&F - A Cautionary Tale

JimK

With many of us preferring to use "friends and family" when paying for records I feel it has become easy to be complacent when looking at the implications of this facility.  I know in our "Soul Family" we feel that trust is an important part of the buying and selling process, indeed, what could go wrong?  Most of the guys selling on a regular basis are well known on the scene and are regular attenders at nights and all-nighters.

Sadly then, I'll let you know that if something does goes wrong there is absolutely no comeback as there would be if the 4% Paypal was paid.  Enough of beating around the bush then, I bought a couple of records from a well known and up-coming young DJ on the scene.  Unfortunately he sent them to the wrong address and apologised for this and kept in regular contact.  However, as it became obvious that the records were never to arrive he became mysteriously uncontactable - no more answers to messages.  I'm not sure if the records were kept by the individual where they were wrongly posted to or he has received them back as he no longer answers messages.  At this point I must tell you that he also kept the money that I'd paid for the reords!!!

So, please be aware that, if you're paying for records this way and they are of any value, you would have no way of redressing the issue, especially if the seller decides to go to ground.  Although you could insure the package but who does that for records under £50?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

To right, I'd let people on here know who it is, if he mailed them to the wrong address, then this is clearly not your fault, and at the very least he should reimburse you. I must admit I always ask to be paid f/f, but also I give them the option of adding the 4%, but I also tell them that if there not 100% happy, to return the record and once I've received it, I will give them a full refund no question. I'm sorry to say in your case, you have been really hard done too, I would get in touch with him, ask him for a refund, and tell him if he doesn't reimburse you, then you are quite prepared to name and shame, give him or her a couple of days to respond, and make it known on here, shame on them.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!