MIKKI FARROW REISSUE

Daz Mc

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

right daz, one of the best counterfeits, on the original, hold the KARATE logo at 12:00 o,clock. in the 4 o,clock position, there is an etched number, that reads 45 - 524B

at 7o'clock there is a stamp, that resembles  two letter L's best decribed as a bed, then at 10 o'clock , a three letter word, that reads cud, or something like that, you will need a magnifying glass to read it though.

also the eyes are missing, on the set my heart at ease side.

i had this on the decks friday night at pete smiths, please listen to the latest mixcloud, a great collection of originals played (robbo)

Social source share

11 minutes ago, daz mc said:

How can u tell the difference between the 70s press and a real un ? Any tips would br appreciated...

Hi there, the first obvious thing is that the original is machine stamped both sides in the dead wax with what looks like a small wiggly rectangle. On both sides the record number in the deadwax is at 9 o'clock to the machine stamped wiggly rectangle. The numbers in the deadwax - COULD IT BE side are 45-425A and SET MY HEART AT EASE side are 45-524B. The deadwax width on A side is approx 13mm, the deadwax width on the B side is approx 11mm. The outer edge of the vynil record on the run in is very slight rounded. I also recall there being a mention of a difference of the figure in the Karate outfit between the original and the boot ? All I have noticed looking at my original is that the face (eyes/nose/mouth) of the figure appears to be missing on the SET MY HEART AT EASE side but not on the COULD IT BE side. Hope this all helps

Hammie       

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert