10 Crackers From Big Daddy

Steve Plumb

Hope Mark Bicknell doesn't mind me posting this on the 'Look at yer box' forum BUT he recently posted up some tunes on another thread that he's planning on spinning out and about this weekend and i thought it was worth putting them up here for everyone to comment on..................

The Remarkables featuring Vance Wilson - Easily Mislead - Audio Arts - Stunning flip to the better known 'Is The Feeling Still There' will hit the spot upstairs in the Soul Shack room.....yummy!

California Rock Choir - Whoever You Are - Cyclone DJ - Awesome tuneage!

Johnny Dixon - Where Were You - Boss - Jack Ashford and Lorraine Chandler involved in this class Detroit cut, known but not played enough.

Fred Hughes - Walk On Back To You - Exodus - Yes we play oldies, Chicago dynamite...what a voice!

The Exceptionals - Unlucky Girl - GRT - This has The Orwell written all over it upstairs or down!

The Soul Notes - How Long Will It Last - Way Out - I can see Mr Plumb moving and a grooving already and we ain't even got there yet....lol

Shelley Fisher - "Girl I Love You" - Dalya - Move over Mr Green theres room in the Soul Shack for two great versions of a brilliant song.............mmmmmmmmmmmm

The Ethics - I Want My Baby Back - Vent - No need to stand in the darkness at The Orwell with tunes like this, well overdue for going massive............tune!!!

Exsaveyons - I Don't Love You No More - Smoke - George Blackwell was a genious could sing a bit too, produced this for his own label out of Newark, New Jersey, another Stafford type record that has yet to have it's day on the scene.............................

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hope Mark Bicknell doesn't mind me posting this on the 'Look at yer box' forum BUT he recently posted up some tunes on another thread that he's planning on spinning out and about this weekend and i thought it was worth putting them up here for everyone to comment on..................

The Remarkables featuring Vance Wilson - Easily Mislead - Audio Arts - Stunning flip to the better known 'Is The Feeling Still There' will hit the spot upstairs in the Soul Shack room.....yummy!

Johnny Dixon - Where Were You - Boss - Jack Ashford and Lorraine Chandler involved in this class Detroit cut, known but not played enough.

Fred Hughes - Walk On Back To You - Exodus - Yes we play oldies, Chicago dynamite...what a voice!

The Exceptionals - Unlucky Girl - GRT - This has The Orwell written all over it upstairs or down!

The Soul Notes - How Long Will It Last - Way Out - I can see Mr Plumb moving and a grooving already and we ain't even got there yet....lol

Shelley Fisher - "Girl I Love You" - Dalya - Move over Mr Green theres room in the Soul Shack for two great versions of a brilliant song.............mmmmmmmmmmmm

The Ethics - I Want My Baby Back - Vent - No need to stand in the darkness at The Orwell with tunes like this, well overdue for going massive............tune!!!

Exsaveyons - I Don't Love You No More - Smoke - George Blackwell was a genious could sing a bit too, produced this for his own label out of Newark, New Jersey, another Stafford type record that has yet to have it's day on the scene.............................

Cheers

Steve

Nice tunes with some imagination involved, i have copies of the Exsaveyons & Soul Notes, both quality Northern Soul dance records perfect for the dance floor & still cheap.

Simon :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest trickbag

just listening to some of these tunes

the ethics i want my baby back (outta sight)

the remarkables easily misled

california rock choir whoever you are (nice piano intro)

exceptionals unlucky girl (nice laid back midtempo)

shelly fisher girl i love you (tune)

exsaveyons i dont love you no more

cant wait to here the others. :thumbsup:

ricky.

sock it to em mark.

Social source share

Cheers

Steve

Hi

I just love The Remarkables featuring Vance Wilson - Easily Mislead - Audio Arts

Terrific Double Sider.

This record has only just found It's way Into my collection, I can't believe It's taken me 38 years to decide to buy a copy.

How I've missed this Gem before now escapes me.

The Remarkables featuring Vance Wilson - Easily Mislead - Audio Arts! 700B

The Remarkables featuring Frank Wilson - Is The Feeling Still There - Audio Arts! 700A

Audio_Arts_700B.jpgAudio_Arts_700A.jpg

Audio Arts! is one of my favourite labels too :huh:

Just one look at the Label Credits, James Carmichael & Frank Wilson thumbsup.gif

On the subject of this record "Vance Wilson?" ........ Who? :ohmy:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi

I just love The Remarkables featuring Vance Wilson - Easily Mislead - Audio Arts

Terrific Double Sider.

This record has only just found It's way Into my collection, I can't believe It's taken me 38 years to decide to buy a copy.

How I've missed this Gem before now escapes me.

The Remarkables featuring Vance Wilson - Easily Mislead - Audio Arts! 700B

The Remarkables featuring Frank Wilson - Is The Feeling Still There - Audio Arts! 700A

Audio Arts! is one of my favourite labels too :D

Just one look at the Label Credits, James Carmichael & Frank Wilson :D

On the subject of this record "Vance Wilson?" ........ Who? :D

Yep looking forward to wiggling around to this tonight :D

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!