chipped vinyl - repair possible?

Rictic66

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/034-The-Velvelettes-034-034-Lonely-Lonely-Girl-Am-i-034-034-Tamla-Motown-034-034-W-L-Promo-0-gt-/292397004077?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=0AFv7DeuMn0lF6oE%2FUsvHDSsJ0o%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

just bought this long long time want even though it has chip in run out groove - hope you can see the photo.  many of you probably saw it and avoided it - only 5 bids  maybe im daft but couldnt resist as its so rare  i have a stock copy noc ill be selling on soon and thats rare too.

anyway just thought I would ask as there is so much knowledge at SS whether any of you have repaired a chip?  i doubt its possible but you never know.  It would be nice for the stylus to get to the start on its own without having to lift over...

any advice welcome thanks.  any views on paying 20% of what it would be worth in Ex con without the chip also may be interesting if printable!

cheers Paul temple

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Shufflin

this may sound daft but you could try using a same size record, somehow cut out a bit to same size as missing bit,  and glue the two parts - need to avoid the risk of the grooves getting filled with glue. Manship posted a useful record repair video see the link (repairing cracked records bit starts a couple of minutes in)

Social source share

cheers - not seen that, what a legendary vinyl nerd johnny m is.  I did know about the lighter fluid for tough stickers but not the super glue,  I agree your suggestion with JMs glue technique could be worth a go.  Think ill keep my stock copy until the diy is over!

best PT

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert