uk record fairs - current day

Mike

Just seen this posted

we do get the occasional record fairs posted in our event guide such as above

looking at this one got me wondering whats the members take on them  nowadays ?

as in do ya...

visit and travel regular?

now and again?

years since?

good ones? ones to avoid?

and so on...

any views 🤔

Social source share

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Just seen this posted

we do get the occasional record fairs posted in our event guide such as above

looking at this one got me wondering whats the members take on them  nowadays ?

as in do ya...

visit and travel regular?

now and again?

years since?

good ones? ones to avoid?

and so on...

any views 🤔

Sadly I gave up on record fairs about 10 years ago (spent 20 years going to them) 

Most dealers will nowadays check prices on the web themselves (unless they are too old fashioned) and I found that they were just getting rid of there "not so good stock" or the good stuff was over priced.

I always felt that there were few bargains to be had for the digging time necessary and this trend has passed on even with the very few flea markets around and car boot sale sellers.

I certainly would never knock them and guess there will always be a place for them (students seem to love them) as you can see they are still busy in some areas from the images.

I did call into a fair in Blackpool earlier this year (in a pub) but the only soul records were in one box and ALL bootlegs !!!!

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Running a small record fair in Liverpool on saturday midday to 6 @ the merchant ,slater st.

Couple of bigger black music dealers and plenty of Djs/ collectors with boxes sellin mainly soul.

Plus some of the best soul DJs in Liverpool playing allday,

Free in check it out should be fun!

groove merchant poster.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Dorset a few weeks back waiting for Liza to attend an appointment, kicking my heels, look up and low and behold ‘Record fair today’ outside a church!  

have say I’ve always found Dorset a great place to find soul records, I’ve no idea why that is but it was nice little surprise on hot and dusty sat afternoon, and I found a few nice 45s from tower of power, some good early james brown demos on king, and a lovely copy of Freddie Norths LP on Abet for 10 quid... take that! 

Mal 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!