Johnny Johnson - Soul Survivor Lp

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Afternoon all...

It's probably not an easy thing to admit to, but has anyone out there got a copy of Johnny Johnson and the Bandwagon's UK Bell LP "Soul Survivor" that they could spend a few minutes typing out the track listing of, and posting up here?

While we're at it, can anyone confirm that JJ and the B had just the two albums during their heyday - this one, and the US Epic/UK Direction one?

Thanks in advance,

TONE :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Here goes as i have the album myself

(Blame it on the Pony) Express

Love Is Blue

Gasoline Alley Bred

He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother

Sweet Inspiration

In The Bad Bad old Days

United We Stand

Games People Play

Something

Pride Comes Before a Fall

Never Let Her Go

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Nice one Paul,

You should have known to pm Paul in the first place Tone!

:lol:

Sean

Well, I did think that Paul would have it, if anyone on here would, but I couldn't work out a way to say so without it seeming like I was having a go :no:

Top man, Paul - ta muchly!

TONE

Social source share

Afternoon all...

It's probably not an easy thing to admit to, but has anyone out there got a copy of Johnny Johnson and the Bandwagon's UK Bell LP "Soul Survivor" that they could spend a few minutes typing out the track listing of, and posting up here?

While we're at it, can anyone confirm that JJ and the B had just the two albums during their heyday - this one, and the US Epic/UK Direction one?

Thanks in advance,

TONE :rolleyes:

Tone , I've never seen any other LP's of JJ other than the ones youve referred to, but it's interesting that you bracket the US EPIC & UK DIRECTION LP's together because if my memory serves me correct, the US version of the LP had a different track listing (less tracks , 10 only ?) to the UK because the US LP was released by Epic/Columbia in the US BEFORE "Breaking Down The Walls" became a hit in the UK , is that right? I think Direction in the UK added extra tracks to make it 12 in all (" IAint Lying" ? "Let's Hang On"?) ...

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

and again there albums that didn't chart in the UK.

i have a few 70's albums that are not always typically Northern soul. yes sadly i do like to collect Real Thing records as examples but can't see anyone needing a track list.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Tone , I've never seen any other LP's of JJ other than the ones youve referred to, but it's interesting that you bracket the US EPIC & UK DIRECTION LP's together because if my memory serves me correct, the US version of the LP had a different track listing (less tracks , 10 only ?) to the UK because the US LP was released by Epic/Columbia in the US BEFORE "Breaking Down The Walls" became a hit in the UK , is that right? I think Direction in the UK added extra tracks to make it 12 in all (" IAint Lying" ? "Let's Hang On"?) ...

Yes, inded there are two extra tracks on the UK version, "Let's Hang On" and "Don't Let it In". The US running order is also different, and the album has psychedelic style sleeve rather than the one used over here. But essentially they are enough of the same LP for me to feel that I didn't need to make the distinction beyond saying 'Epic/Direction'. It's still basically the same album after all...

TONE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert