Guest Bogue

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Missed that one Adam.

Why only that item though ? the seller has a few going on at the same time & only this one is like it.

Not sure why it's only some items at the moment but I'm guessing that they are testing the new system on random items before giving it a full launch.

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Bidder 1, Bidder 2 comes into force once the item reaches £100.

A couple of his other items are now showing Bidder 1, 2 etc.

If you click on the box to the left, look at the bidders details, there is a bit of info about the bidder without giving their name away. Be careful of newly registered low feedback users - shill bidding is likely to be rife now this bidder 1, 2 rubbish is in force.

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

When the auctions finished you can see who has won, but you can't see the under bidders ID's :thumbsup:

The ability to see what current auctions someone is bidding on has now stopped, you can only see the items they have won in the last 30 days.

Shill Bidders paradise :wicked:

Social source share

Bidder 1, Bidder 2 comes into force once the item reaches £100.

A couple of his other items are now showing Bidder 1, 2 etc.

If you click on the box to the left, look at the bidders details, there is a bit of info about the bidder without giving their name away. Be careful of newly registered low feedback users - shill bidding is likely to be rife now this bidder 1, 2 rubbish is in force.

Interesting, thanks for that info. Does seem to make it a bit easy for shill bidding, but I'm sure eBay have done it for a good reason......ie make lots more dosh :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

shill bidding is likely to be rife now this bidder 1, 2 rubbish is in force.

That's exactly what i thought. There was a collection on there the other day with nothing special in it that was rocketing up. Bidder 1, only a few months a member, was pushing the price up. very suspicious and hard to challange now there is little information about them.

Matt

Social source share

Not sure what to make of it at the moment, i would have thought transparency was the only way ?

While we are on about Ebay, did anyone else recieve a message from Ebay around Christmas to do with some lawsuit wher someone managed to get around £2million out of them ? I will go & see if i can find it & cut & paste it

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Bidder 5 looks a bit suss to me on the Quotations - if you check the details, very very high % bid on with that particular seller, the lowish feedback score, length of time he's been registered......... :thumbsup: but I could be wrong :wicked:

Nite folks zzz

Social source share

On second thoughts i had better not print the message as it may infringe thier privacy policy.

It was basicaly a Lawsuit about eBay raising the eBay bidder's existing bid where no higher competing bid had been made and where raising the bid was not necessary to meet a reserve minimum .

The plaintiffs were awarded costs & also Ebay had to shell out 50% damages of 2.1million to be paid to charity on behalf of any member who may have been wronged.

The message was in short to say that if you did not register a reply then you agreed with the outcome.

Did anyone else get one ?

Social source share

On second thoughts i had better not print the message as it may infringe thier privacy policy.

It was basicaly a Lawsuit about eBay raising the eBay bidder's existing bid where no higher competing bid had been made and where raising the bid was not necessary to meet a reserve minimum .

The plaintiffs were awarded costs & also Ebay had to shell out 50% damages of 2.1million to be paid to charity on behalf of any member who may have been wronged.

The message was in short to say that if you did not register a reply then you agreed with the outcome.

No not had that...are you sure it was a real message from eBay and not some kind of spam?

Social source share

yea me and the wife each,i started to read it then deleted it.
Social source share

Yes I got one, not sure what to make of it and have done nothing. It seems to come from ebay itself.

Barry Cooper

Social source share

ebay have done the bidder 1 2 3 thing on high bids so that it protects people from getting dodgey spam mail....ie sometimes if you bid big bucks on a tune and then lost it..you get some fucker emailing you,like its offical from ebay saying that they have a copy and would you like to buy it..people have fell for it..so now these fucks cant see whos winning or losing big priced 45s .but niether can we.thats one of the reason

Social source share

No not had that...are you sure it was a real message from eBay and not some kind of spam?

No definatley legit, could only access it when logged in to Ebay account.

Social source share

ebay have done the bidder 1 2 3 thing on high bids so that it protects people from getting dodgey spam mail....ie sometimes if you bid big bucks on a tune and then lost it..you get some fucker emailing you,like its offical from ebay saying that they have a copy and would you like to buy it..people have fell for it..so now these fucks cant see whos winning or losing big priced 45s .but niether can we.thats one of the reason

Just a coincidence that it leaves the door open for people to shill bid their own items and attempt to push the price of items up then? whistling.gif Result.... Ebay commission increases, as does the dreaded Paypal charges which they are now "pressurising" buyers and sellers alike to use. The sheen of Ebay gets duller by the day.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Just a coincidence that it leaves the door open for people to shill bid their own items and attempt to push the price of items up then? whistling.gif Result.... Ebay commission increases, as does the dreaded Paypal charges which they are now "pressurising" buyers and sellers alike to use. The sheen of Ebay gets duller by the day.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

:yes:

Why is it in this world that things always get spoiled by greed ? It's never ever enough, someone makes a billion & that's then not enough they want 2billion.

Viva la revolution ! :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert