Iow Soul Club

Guest soulboy42

Guest soulboy42

The Isle Of Wight Soul Club proudly presents it's debut soul night!

The Castle Inn Carisbrooke Rd, Newport

7:30 - 1AM

Saturday 10th March

DJs include Alfie and Jimmy Drake

Playing top Northern and Motown sounds

The Isle of Wight Soul club is a new venture! Started by some soul fans looking for some regular Northern nights on the IOW. Anyone who is interested in helping or joining the club please let us know! We welcome any ideas about future events etc! We would like to make this a regular event at the Castle Inn (pos every 6-8 weeks) as well as other venues on the island.

Your support would be most welcome! See you there! Keep the faith :thumbsup:

• Replies 211
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

looking forward to this one of many more to come, :thumbsup:

seen the free cd which is going out to the 1st twenty "some top tracks on there"

be an absolute blinding night word already flying around the island set to be busy :shhh:

looking forward to seeing the isle of wight soul club logo and proud to be part of it :lol:

see you there

KEEP THE FAITH

The Isle Of Wight Soul Club proudly presents it's debut soul night!

The Castle Inn Carisbrooke Rd, Newport

7:30 - 1AM

Saturday 10th March

DJs include Alfie and Jimmy Drake

Playing top Northern and Motown sounds

The Isle of Wight Soul club is a new venture! Started by some soul fans looking for some regular Northern nights on the IOW. Anyone who is interested in helping or joining the club please let us know! We welcome any ideas about future events etc! We would like to make this a regular event at the Castle Inn (pos every 6-8 weeks) as well as other venues on the island.

Your support would be most welcome! See you there! Keep the faith :thumbsup:

pity this clashes with toddys night

you might have had a few more coming over from the mainland

good luck any way

send me some flyers

moldie

Thanks for your support! If all goes well be good to get you guys over here to do a spot of DJing! :wicked:

ill look fwd to that

we will be sorting the oct allniter very soon

ill pm you my address for the flyers

moldie

Guest soulboy42

cheers mate i will send you some flyers i am an old egham soul boy same town as john herbert

it would be good to get some different dj's over here but we would like to have a couple of do's

and make sure we can get a decent size crowd together first all the best steve

cheers mate i will send you some flyers i am an old egham soul boy same town as john herbert

it would be good to get some different dj's over here but we would like to have a couple of do's

john is a top man

great records too

hes djed for me a few times and played in the northern and modern room at last iow niter

hes on soul source as drizabone

keep in touch

any help you need with your event just let me know

had a chat with alfie earlier

moldie

Sounds like an excellent night will definatly be there can i just ask if anybody knows if this is a ticket event???

Having lived on the Island for sometime now we rarely get a chance for a northern soul night many turn into a scooterist event nothing personal just enjoy the northern soul scene ie music atmosphere etc

Have been to The Crown and Ryde Castle during the scooter rally and have had a blinding night also the isle of wight all nighter just a shame not many people attended!!

The Dj line up is for a debut night is excellent Jimmy Drake knows alot about his northern soul music and is very passionate has alot of top quality tunes, Alfie is also an excellent Dj have seen him at the allnighter where is he isle of wight bank holiday would of thought he would of been a dj in the crown he has a wonderful sense of humour and personality with top quality tunes.

Cant wait for this night to come round sure it will be very busy from fellow isle of wighters and mainlanders this is what we need cheers to the organisers

did see an offer for moldie and mischief to play one day lets hope that gets there A1 Djs who play quality music and create a great atmosphere

hey hope it goes will see you then

ps lets try to get mollie tody john herbert chilly etc too many good ones too mention :unsure: lets wake the soul scene up on the iow :yes:

Guest soulboy42

"Sounds like an excellent night will definatly be there can i just ask if anybody knows if this is a ticket event???"

Tickets £1.50 on the door-not a huge venue though so get there early! Free CD for first 20 people through the door! Gonna be a blast!

Thanks for your interest-see you there! Tell all your soulie friends!

P.S. It'll be a PURE northern and motown night-just what you are looking for and what we need!

post-7447-1169470964_thumb.jpg

Edited by soulboy42
Guest soulboy42

Hi Moldie glad you like the logo! Thanks for the email. Will be getting some flyers printed ASAP and will send you some so you can spread the word! Cheers :D

Always a pleasure to dj on the island... just let me know.. worth coming just to take the mick out of Alfie.. :thumbsup:

All the best Mischief

(pm me if you want me to dish out some flyers)

id travel anywhere to rib alfie..mischief you are better at dishing dirt then dishing out flyers boxing.gif

Guest soulboy42

good luck with this ....... feel free to send someone along with some flyers to our night on feb 10th (if you think it would be useful).

thanks for your support will be attending hipshaker on feb 10th so i will bring some flyers with me.

i was at hipshaker new years eve,it was nice to hear you play some top northern tunes.

well ..... we can slip a couple in now and then, as i'm sure you understand given how mixed our crowd is. we play more northern when we have guest DJ's that play it. if any of your resident DJ's fancy doing a spot with us they (you?) are welcome, just let me know. the 2 of us who are residents tend to play very mixed sets so there is room for a bit of northern & motown.

Guest soulboy42

well ..... we can slip a couple in now and then, as i'm sure you understand given how mixed our crowd is. we play more northern when we have guest DJ's that play it. if any of your resident DJ's fancy doing a spot with us they (you?) are welcome, just let me know. the 2 of us who are residents tend to play very mixed sets so there is room for a bit of northern & motown.

i have just spoken to our resident dj and he would be delighted to do a set for you,just let us know when and we will arrange it many thanks

Guest andys165

As an exiled Islander in Walthamstow - I'm one of the Walls Of Heartache chaps - wanted to wish you all the best for your new night. Carisbrooke! Crikey - was there over Xmas. Is The Castle the pub at the top of Newport?

May well be at Hipshaker on the 10th as I have somehow found myself playing guitar with a jazz sextet at the Quay Arts centre on the 9th, so if I see you handing out flyers at the Town hall I'll say 'hello'.

Good luck with it boys.

Andy

Guest soulboy42

As an exiled Islander in Walthamstow - I'm one of the Walls Of Heartache chaps - wanted to wish you all the best for your new night. Carisbrooke! Crikey - was there over Xmas. Is The Castle the pub at the top of Newport?

May well be at Hipshaker on the 10th as I have somehow found myself playing guitar with a jazz sextet at the Quay Arts centre on the 9th, so if I see you handing out flyers at the Town hall I'll say 'hello'.

Good luck with it boys.

Andy

hi andy yes the castle pub is at the top of the high street we are using the back room for the event

be sure to say hello if you see us at the hipshaker if our club t-shirts are ready in time we will be wearing them thanks for your support mate

Guest soulboy42

Hi,

Will put some flyers out at Bournemouth Uni event starting on 17th Feb where am resident dj.Pm me and will send my address.

Dave.

hi dave,thanks for the offer we are getting flyers next week so if you can send me your address

i will get some out to you asap

many thanks for your support

morning s-b-42 just got back on line ad prob with lap-top (not the dancer) :ohmy:

the 17th feb is looking good for bisley :thumbsup:

if poss could you ask col for the track listing as a couple of soul buddies av asked whats gonna be on it., ive only told them what i,ve put on it.

also the i.o.w radio would like to know as they are gonna play some tracks of it over the weeks leading up to the due on 10th march :D

i.o.w soul club keep on keeping on...

Guest soulboy42

a-00soul

greetings iow soulmate!

having weekend away in egham back to my roots

looking forward to bisley hopefully meet up with some old friends,seeing colin monday morning,will get playlist then or ring him if you need it sooner.

enjoy your weekend on the sunny isle of wight.

:thumbsup: Greetings Soulboy, Alfie and all soul fans out there. C D covers are almost done should be ready end of next week latest. The playlist will be going up shortly. Have a great weekend Steve, see you Monday. Spoke to Alfie tonight, everything is coming together. Thanks to everyone out there for your support.

Col :thumbsup:

Guest soulboy42

hi colin back on the iow now,glad you've had a chat with alfie and that all is going to plan.

Had some good news,Teresa can make it now,she's really excited about coming over and looking forward to catching up with you and sue.see you tomorrow mate.

:wicked: Hi Colin here, the playlist for the 20 free CDs is.....

1. Carl Hall - Mean It Baby.

2. Spinners - What More Could A Boy Ask For.

3. Shorty Long - Baby Come Home To Me.

4. The Marvelettes - Dont Make Hurting Me A Habit.

5. J.J. Barnes - Please Let Me In.

6. Originals - Suspicion.

7. Bobby Paris - Personally.

8. Calvin Grayson - Youve Got To Be Willing.

9. Inverts - Time Will Change.

10. Brenda Holloway - When Im Gone.

11. Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity.

12. Dee Irwin - I only Get This Feeling.

13. The Sevel Souls - I Still Love You.

14. Buddy Smith - When You Lose The One You Love.

15. Soul Brother Six - Ill Be Loving You.

16. Lorraine Ellison - Got My Baby Back.

17. Martha Reeves - No One There.

18. Gladys Knight - No-One Could Love You More.

19. The Spinners - Ill Always Love You.

20. Frankie and Johnny - Ill Hold You.

21. Bobby Paris - I Walked Away.

22. Commands - No Time For You.

And last but not least The Magnificents - On Main Street.

Not bad for a Freebie !!!. Heres hoping that there is something for everyone on this first CD. More great tracks to come at the next do. Keep the Faith Colin. :lol:

Edited by colin
Guest greenlady

greetings h.p. alfieoosoul

just wanted to tell you not to forget about the iow soulgirls as well as the boys!

so glad my sis is coming over,she's getting really excited about catching up with the gang,gonna have to dig deep and find some old egham classics so we can do some non-stop dancing all night!

Here's to first the of many!

keep on keepin soul buddy

Guest GrooveJunkies

sounds like we need to get an old Egham boy get together some time soon?

think we maybe all back over the I O W later in the year for another blinding nighter, I've even heard talk of maybe a 2 night event thumbsup.gif

johnny boy shades.gif

Guest greenlady

hi everyone just to let you know the club t-shirts are now ready for you to order.

they are available from Embroider Me 29 union street ryde tel no:01983 618816.

polo shirts with left-breast logo £11.05 t-shirt with left-breast logo £9.05

large back print add £4.50 these will take approx 1 week to print after ordering so get your orders in asap.

hopefully the cd should be ready by the end of the week[watch this space]

:thumbsup:

sounds like we need to get an old Egham boy get together some time soon?

think we maybe all back over the I O W later in the year for another blinding nighter, I've even heard talk of maybe a 2 night event :ohmy:

johnny boy shades.gif

talks are on going regarding oct event

last nighter there was great

only problem with an egham reunion is not letting soulsmith find out about it

moldie

a-00soul

greetings iow soulmate!

having weekend away in egham back to my roots

looking forward to bisley hopefully meet up with some old friends,seeing colin monday morning,will get playlist then or ring him if you need it sooner.

enjoy your weekend on the sunny isle of wight.

greetings s-b-42 & all you other soulies on the i,o,w thumbsup.gif

the cd cover is all ready for the printers,will be ready for the week end.

will be popping down to the i,o,w radio studio to hand a cd over as requested

so that they can play a few tunes off it and start to plug the event :yes:

I,O,W SOUL CLUB KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Guest greenlady

greetings s-b-42 & all you other soulies on the i,o,w :wicked:

the cd cover is all ready for the printers,will be ready for the week end.

will be popping down to the i,o,w radio studio to hand a cd over as requested

so that they can play a few tunes off it and start to plug the event rolleyes.gif

I,O,W SOUL CLUB KEEPING THE FAITH!!

hello oosoul noticed bisley are advertising the iow soul club on there web-site lots of people are asking for a copy of the cd i think col going to have to do a few extras.

hello oosoul noticed bisley are advertising the iow soul club on there web-site lots of people are asking for a copy of the cd i think col going to have to do a few extras.

we will be giving this night a massive plug at lightwater 5th anniversary on the 3rd march

awaiting flyers

moldie

Guest soulboy42

did you know it was buy 1 get 1 fREE :hypo:

I,O,W SOUL CLUB BARS OF SOAP COME IN A PACK OF SIX :rolleyes:

what about the drinks alfie are they buy one get one free? :lol:

Source Advert