USPS / Royal Mail - It's not all bad news

Vadnochka

I've been holding my breath on a Sidney Barnes - I hurt on the other side Blue Cat WLP - in bound from Philadelphia - paid 04/01/23 - shipped 06/01 - tracked to Jamaica NY with USPS then changed to Label printed not in system yet - today picked up by Royal Mail tracking - S. Midlands dist centre - and then 10.00am today delivered to my door - no delays / no interceptions by R&C - again showing there is no need for priority shipping / Global Shipping System / or any other so called premium shipping - 10 days door to door and actually only 8 days in transit - Philadelphia to good old Melton Mowbray. I'll take that any day and the cherry on the cake - unbelievable condition.

I'm also  waiting on Barbara & Brenda from Europe - let's see how that performs

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Good to hear, l work at South Midlands mail centre in Northampton as a lorry driver serving the LE,NN,MK,CV postcodes, believe it or not us postmen do actually try our best to get mail delivered ASAP as we are obviously customers too also waiting for our records etc, my last one from USA also only took about 8 days recently, l think most of that time is travelling through USA as once it gets to our Heathrow worldwide distribution centre it's usually pretty quick getting to us. The recent cyber attack is slowing down international mail but mostly stuff leaving UK....

• Up vote 2
Social source share

11 hours ago, Adamsx200 said:

Good to hear, l work at South Midlands mail centre in Northampton as a lorry driver serving the LE,NN,MK,CV postcodes, believe it or not us postmen do actually try our best to get mail delivered ASAP as we are obviously customers too also waiting for our records etc, my last one from USA also only took about 8 days recently, l think most of that time is travelling through USA as once it gets to our Heathrow worldwide distribution centre it's usually pretty quick getting to us. The recent cyber attack is slowing down international mail but mostly stuff leaving UK....

hadn't heard about the attack, but was trying to send a record yesterday at the post office and was told they wont accept post to outside uk at the min...

Social source share

Not HMRC snooping - far more diligence nowadays on stated value on postage details. Above $25 and there is a chance it will be diverted to to HRMC at Langley for VAT collection at 20% of total package value including postage sometimes - you will then get stung with a payment collection charge from Royal Mail - all payable before package released from local delivery office - The infamous red 'you have a parcel to collect form' on the mat with the total payable at the sorting office counter or on line before re-delivery will be made. Just a fact of life now folks. Talk to the seller !!

Happy collecting 

Social source share

I've had a record package delivered from the US last week which took around 6 days from order. So all seems well. 

As for values and VAT, I've seen a different response in that since the introduction of VAT, I've had packages where the US seller has declared the real value and I've not had one stopped for Tax, Duty or a Royal Mail charge....so far. 

I think that they may be assuming that VAT has been paid in most cases ? 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!