Herbert Hunter I Was Born.........2nd Issue

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anybody know if Herbert Hunter was legally reissued on Spar or just booted??

Hello Neil,i would say the b side would be the same as original (vinyl) PUSH AWAY FROM THE TABLE / I WAS BORN TO LOVE YOU,but have also seen a one sided (styrene) bootleg on Spar with blank/no label b side.

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Was Herbert Hunter legally reissued on Spar or just booted?

Neil,i would say the b side is the same as original PUSH AWAY FROM THE TABLE / I WAS BORN TO LOVE YOU,but have also seen a one sided bootleg on Spar with blank/no label b side.

it was also booted with "bill pursell - heartbeat" on spar on flip side
Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

Hello Neil,i would say the b side would be the same as original (vinyl) PUSH AWAY FROM THE TABLE / I WAS BORN TO LOVE YOU,but have also seen a one sided (styrene) bootleg on Spar with blank/no label b side.

Hi Nick,push away from the table is the track i would buy it for.I had the record and gave it to my mate Kev,who says "push away from the table "was`nt the b-side on the one i gave him??????

Have a great Middleton......wont be there this time,supporting a little venue on the north east coast"Whitley bay".

George Tinley......aint gonna worry about you,main room Middleton....that`s what we`re talkin` about....nice one Nick.

Neil

Social source share

Hi Nick,push away from the table is the track i would buy it for.I had the record and gave it to my mate Kev,who says "push away from the table "was`nt the b-side on the one i gave him??????

Have a great Middleton......wont be there this time,supporting a little venue on the north east coast"Whitley bay".

George Tinley......aint gonna worry about you,main room Middleton....that`s what we`re talkin` about....nice one Nick.

Neil

Gave it me? ............im sure i gave you £35 for it!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

I do hope there's not an element of doubt creeping in over this Mr Hackett! Not after I smashed the bugger in half on your advice!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

it was also booted with "bill pursell - heartbeat" on spar on flip side

Sons of Moses .....Soul stomping...... Soul Sam cover up..

Fleet niters and anywhere else, in fact ;

Massive way out East.

Floor filler extraordinary.......????

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Nashville matrix, vinyl orig , Soul Bowl... £4

Mid 70s boot / Sousannish thing ....£1.25 Early 80s prices..

Now..

£30 , second press ...., eh ???... Ha ha ha

Social source share

Nashville matrix, vinyl orig , Soul Bowl... £4

Mid 70s boot / Sousannish thing ....£1.25 Early 80s prices..

Now..

£30 , second press ...., eh ???... Ha ha ha

'Push away from the table' is gaining some plays recently and is one of those where you think I must have played that years ago why didn't I champion it then :thumbsup:

This one is not a reissue / second issue it's a bootleg whichever 'B' side it has. I sold Geoff Claxton an original issue last year for £50 (it did have some lable damage though) and a boot is being offered for £30 :D the worlds gone mad. Well it has if this sells anyway.

Social source share

BOOT..Styrene.ORIGINAL..Vinyl with Nashville Matrix.

I was right Andy,you done the decent thing and snapped that boot in half!!

Agree Ged,Push Away from the table is starting to gain a few well deserved plays now,has been played on the r/b/mod scene for a few years in london.Great Oldie/Newie Double Sider. :D

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor
Gave it me? ............im sure i gave you £35 for it!!! :D
Dream on....Fearnhead........You parting with £35,your tighter than two coats of paint.
Social source share

Guest the dukester

'Push away from the table' is gaining some plays recently and is one of those where you think I must have played that years ago why didn't I champion it then :rolleyes: ,

Been playing "Push" side at Easington for a while now, getting more dancefloor action each month.

The request to flip it came from John (Mighty) Quinn NESU Whitley Bay, so glad we did.

IMHO... I prefer the "Born To Love You" side But its the paying punters who come to dance to the tunes they wanna here.

Neil, See your off to The Berkeley this Sat, (Cant make this one prior arrangements) I was Djing up there in Jan, did I read somewhere that you were there that night?? Didnt clock you mate).....Enjoy it, Julie & I certainly did :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert