Paypal Again

Pete S

Just wondering...I made a claim on february 13th about some records I'd bought in mid january which never arrived (they still haven't arrived). I've asked them twice about progress but the paypal site is simply showing they are awaiting a reply from the seller. However, their website says up to 10 days for a seller to reply. So anyway, it's now over 30 days and they still appear to be doing nothing. Any ideas? Oh, and note that they have changed their phone menu so it is extremely difficult to speak to an operator.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Fatius Bumius

Hi Pete

After 10 days and no response at all from the seller to give pay pal any tracking info, pay pal should automatically close the dispute and find in your favour and give you a refund (if the seller has funds in their account). If the seller doesn't have enough funds,they pay you whats in the sellers account, if there's nothing in it, pay pal will put their account into a negative balance for the amount of the pay pal claim outstanding, and when funds do appear, that's hoping they are still registered and are continuing to sell and accepting pay pal, once the amount of the dispute is reached, Pay Pal then refund the buyer.

If the seller is no longer registered you could have a fight on your hands for some time to come. I claimed at christmas time for non delivery, only about £12,seller went AWOL, no replies to emails, etc etc, so my claim went in. Pay pal after 10 days only managed to recover £8 of it, which is all the seller had in their account.They were then no longer a registered user so couldn't sell to get funds in their account. 3 months down the line, the dispute is still open, and the balance I am owed still hasn't been forthcoming. Once you are in arrears with pay pal, they eventually involve bailiffs, that's only successful if the seller has registered with legit name/address details.

You could be in for a long wait, I had a similar case, in reverse to yours and had to wait over 6 weeks before pay pal released my money back to me while it was under temporary hold. My buyer did respond though to the dispute, so that dragged my dispute on and on. They claimed they hadn't received the package....tracking info, and a full audit trace done by royal mail said otherwise.

Don't be tempted to close the dispute, once closed, you can't re-open another one for the same item.

Hang on in there :shades:

Edited by The Nut
Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Ah, they got you on the 30 day thing. They did that with me, but I pointed out it was now 42 days blah blah, waste of breath sometimes with Pay Poo.

I hope your seller is still registered and accepting pay pal :shades: - you'll be refunded no quibble if the seller provides no tracking info.

Good luck

Social source share

Just wondering...I made a claim on february 13th about some records I'd bought in mid january which never arrived (they still haven't arrived). I've asked them twice about progress but the paypal site is simply showing they are awaiting a reply from the seller. However, their website says up to 10 days for a seller to reply. So anyway, it's now over 30 days and they still appear to be doing nothing. Any ideas? Oh, and note that they have changed their phone menu so it is extremely difficult to speak to an operator.

Too busy giving money away it would seem? Instead of taking care of customers that have already spent their hard earned ...

031445f8027f4adf5.jpg

031445f8028a7faf0.jpg

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update you on this. After a month and a week I had to ring them again and they more or less told me to stop ringing and just email them. So I did that. So far, 3 phone calls and 4 emails with no response at all from paypal. Then, 3 days ago, I find that the case has been closed. I didn't find this out by them emailing me and telling me the result of their investigations, just by going into my paypal account and seeing it wasn't there! No money has been refunded to my account and there is no explanation as to what happened with the case. There is a an entry, paypal balance adhustment, where they have put $22 into my account, this is nowhere near the $96 I was claiming, and there's no explanation as to what it is for.

So to sum up, after over 5 weeks, they have not emailed me or rung me once to let me know the status of my complaint, and have in fact closed the complaint without my prior knowledge.

So where exactly is the buyer protection that they constantly brag about offering?

Social source share

iin terms of systems apparently designed to drive grown men totally postal, to the point where they actually consider flying to the states and going on a killing spree, paypal's telephone resolution system is the best i've come across.

Social source share

hang on, it gets better - I got a reply to my letter of complaint..

Dear Peter Smith,

Thank you for contacting us in relation to the status of your Buyer Complaint ( PP-252-069-387 ).

I have now forwarded this information to the relevant department for further review.

Please allow them at least 30 days to process and review this information.

Social source share

hang on, it gets better - I got a reply to my letter of complaint..

Dear Peter Smith,

Thank you for contacting us in relation to the status of your Buyer Complaint ( PP-252-069-387 ).

I have now forwarded this information to the relevant department for further review.

Please allow them at least 30 days to process and review this information.

It took them just over 3 months and the threat of a small claims court and TV exposure (BBC Watchdog) before they sorted my claim out....but I finally had a refund

Dont give up, it will be worth it on the end

I still hate them!

cheers

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert