Randy Hart On Brunswick

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

If anyone has the Randy Hart 45 on Brunswick, can they post up even just a bit of either or preferably both sides? I keep seeing this record going for around $300.00 on eBay and I keep wondering why, as I don't believe that I've ever heard it - at least, not knowingly...

I know it's written and produced by all the usual Brunswick suspects, so I'd hate to think that I'm missing out on something that would enrich my life musically!

Ta in advance,

TONE

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Gary Thomas

There's a soundclip of "The Other One" on John Manship's site, Tone. Quite nice - a bit Tony Drakeish imo.

Hope you are well mate.

Social source share

There's a soundclip of "The Other One" on John Manship's site, Tone. Quite nice - a bit Tony Drakeish imo.

Hope you are well mate.

it's funny, he sounds exactly like Jerry Butler in that soundclip.

Edited by boba
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hope you are well mate.

Thanks, Gal - I think this must be quite a recent addition to John's site. I looked on there a couple of months ago when I first got outbid, went to a guy who buys and sels a lot of reggae so I assume the other side must be a bit of a stepper or "Island Soul"-ish, as although it's very nice I can't hear £150.00 worth of record in there (which is what he paid for it, in dollars - there were also several other bids in there that were higher than my speculative $30.00)

Things are not too bad, thanks - did you get an e-mail from GB the other day? He's been granted Australian citizenship ,and is off for good in a matter of weeks!

TONE

Social source share

Hi Tony - always thought "The other one" slotted into that "good but not brilliant" section, and like you I can't hear $300 in it (coughs). And don't waste any time wondering what the flip side "Excuse me" sounds like. It's not good. Scan & soundfile added.

derek

post-1224-1177190401_thumb.jpg

I'm sure this has been discussed umpteen times on here before but on what releases did Brunswick start and finish issuing promo copies on the pale blue label?

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert