Soulshakers Massive Weekender-germany

Well where can I begin, thanks to Malayka and Dave for a fantastic wedding do. Siting on a bar terrace listening to great music, talking to great people and being entretained by the amazing crowd that gathered for the event. Susan thanks for your fantastic welcome into Bamberg, all the info about Frankonia and a tour of Bamberg Wow, Malayka you kept that secret very close to your heart girl!!!!! :sleep3: Followed by a soulfull niter with some great music and company at a fantastic venue out of this world, felt like being in a Castle, the bar staff were great and well the nite just flew by till most of us stagered back to our hotels, some had to sit on a chair to be able to get the key into the keyhole!!!! Wasn't that so Bearsoul???? :sleep3: Sat was another hot day in luvly surroundings and more soul and sun to be soaked then a quick shower to go into the niter, the music just flowed and all our thoughts of an early nite went by the wayside :D Managed to enjoy nearly the very last record, before Bearsoul desided to go dowstairs without touching the steps with his feet :sleep3: Followed by an afternoon of soul, beer, jokes, tales and lots and lots of laughs. If you have never been to Bamberg and enjoy a https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...=all&st=50#Soulshakers Massive Weekender-germany you have missed the time of your life. Thank you to you all for making a fantastic week end, roll on next April, Malayka, you must do it at least twice a year, I offer myself as an organizer, with the only condition that I spend a few weeks in Bamberg, beer @ 1 Euro a pint, great people and a beautifull city. I do it!!!!

Carlos :thumbsup:

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Wow!!

...still too wrecked to write a proper report.

It was very well organized, the music was brilliant from the first to the last record in both rooms, the weather...a dream, really nice guests from all over Europe (hope Beersoul...oh sorry...Bearsoul found his way back to the hotel after Mikel and me helped him back on his feet...after he`d taken a 5 metre staircase with one big step...looks really dangerous ...and a little bit funny), the Venue was mindblowing, cold`n`cheap Bavarian beer, what can I say. AAAAA++++

...and my cheeks still burning from all the laughter with the bunch from Hamburg.

Take the chance to be the first with a playlist:

Oliver Sain - Blowing For Love (Abet)

Willie Brown - Love That Stranger (Tri-It)

Albert Jones - I Do Love You (Tri-City)

Fourth Creation - I Think I would Cry (Daran)

Sunny & The Sunliners - I`m No Stranger (Key-Loc)

Pattie Ward - Get Off My Stuff (Road)

Unlimited Four - Calling (Chanson)

C. Vaughn Leslie - What we Need (To Make This World Allright) (Bandit)

The Rivingtons - Years Of Tears (VJ)

Len Jewell - The Elevator Song (Pzazz)

The Enjoyables - Push A Little Harder (Capitol)

Joe Graves - (That`s How) A Boy And A Girl Falls In Love (Parkway)

The Chymes - My Babay`s Gone Away (Down To Earth)

Ella Woods - I Need Your Love (Soul Merging)

Bobby Taylor - It Was A Good Time (Sunflower)

David Brinston - Hit And Run (Jomar)

Little Anthony - Nothing From Nothing (Pure Gold)

Pat Livingston - You Bet I Would (Money)

The Newday - Wait A Minute (On Top)

Will Hatcher - You Haven`t Seen Nothin` Yet (Wheelsville)

Robert Neal - Good-Bye Now (Port)

...and thanks to Marc from Berlin for playing my request...thought I got a heart attack after dancing too fast to this record. Are we too old for all this shit? Bollocks...see you next year down south.

Guest alison

We aren't yet back in the land of the living, and having wisely booked a day off work we simply carried on in the Bamberg tradition and indulged in an alfresco lunch with plenty of beer in a local bar.

I feel like I've been on a fortnight's holiday rather than to a weekender - just so (at times, too) relaxing and chilled. I want to live there :thumbsup: . I want to do nothing but listen to music, drink beer and nibble on white asparagus for the rest of my days.

Once the rose tinted beer goggles have been removed from my eyes I will attempt to write a proper review but suffice to say this was top notch. We've never been made so welcome by promoters, or so well looked after. You made everything a walk in the park girls - Susanne and Malayka could teach some UK promoters a thing or two about attention to detail.

The venues were simply perfect (and styled with a real feel for what suits a soul event). The music was excellent. The people warm and friendly. Having said that, it's often the friends that makes an event something really special for me, so to all you Brits abroad - you know I love you masses and you are the cherries on top of my cake :lol: The Birkenstock girls will now be on the hunt for a new item to purchase en masse on our next jaunt.

More to come later when I can get my brain working on UK time - we've been in the land of chill-out and the pace was just to my liking.

Carlos - I assume Chris eventually FOUND you at the airport. You've got the wanderlust gene LOL!!!!!

Guest Gavin Page

We aren't yet back in the land of the living, and having wisely booked a day off work we simply carried on in the Bamberg tradition and indulged in an alfresco lunch with plenty of beer in a local bar.

I feel like I've been on a fortnight's holiday rather than to a weekender - just so (at times, too) relaxing and chilled. I want to live there :rolleyes: . I want to do nothing but listen to music, drink beer and nibble on white asparagus for the rest of my days.

Once the rose tinted beer goggles have been removed from my eyes I will attempt to write a proper review but suffice to say this was top notch. We've never been made so welcome by promoters, or so well looked after. You made everything a walk in the park girls - Susanne and Malayka could teach some UK promoters a thing or two about attention to detail.

The venues were simply perfect (and styled with a real feel for what suits a soul event). The music was excellent. The people warm and friendly. Having said that, it's often the friends that makes an event something really special for me, so to all you Brits abroad - you know I love you masses and you are the cherries on top of my cake :thumbsup: The Birkenstock girls will now be on the hunt for a new item to purchase en masse on our next jaunt.

More to come later when I can get my brain working on UK time - we've been in the land of chill-out and the pace was just to my liking.

Carlos - I assume Chris eventually FOUND you at the airport. You've got the wanderlust gene LOL!!!!!

How are you going to review Friday Night then :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::sleep3::sleep3::sleep3::sleep3:

Guest alison

How are you going to review Friday Night then :rolleyes::thumbsup::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::sleep3::sleep3:

We were taking bets to see who would be the first to mention that :sleep3:

I hold my hand up (and Johns too) I'm a lightweight who can't function on 2 hours sleep :sleep3:

Note on German homework: Must try harder !

Guest Gavin Page

We were taking bets to see who would be the first to mention that :unsure:

I hold my hand up (and Johns too) I'm a lightweight who can't function on 2 hours sleep :thumbsup:

Note on German homework: Must try harder !

:unsure: John made up for it on Saturday though :rolleyes:

I feel like I've been on a fortnight's holiday rather than to a weekender - just so (at times, too) relaxing and chilled. I want to live there :rolleyes: . I want to do nothing but listen to music, drink beer and nibble on white asparagus for the rest of my days.

The venues were simply perfect (and styled with a real feel for what suits a soul event). The music was excellent. The people warm and friendly. Having said that, it's often the friends that makes an event something really special for me, so to all you Brits abroad - you know I love you masses and you are the cherries on top of my cake :thumbsup: The Birkenstock girls will now be on the hunt for a new item to purchase en masse on our next jaunt.

Lol, Dont know, cant remember where I found him or if he found me!! :unsure: If I remember well I was Intoxicated :unsure: Mmm I had never been asked if I should fly due to intoxication :sleep3: Mmmm a day off must have been great to recover from the Soulfull weekend and the great Kellerbeer. :sleep3::unsure: I had to go to work :unsure: and it was a luvly day over here up north too. Hope you and John had a good second leg and enjoyed your Doritos!!! Lol :sleep3:

Carlos

Edited by 7daylover
Guest Bearsoul

I AM STILL ALIVE !!!!! BLIMEY AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH. HOSPITALITY WAS A1...CAN'T THINK OF A BAD MOMENT EVEN THE STUNTWORK HAD IT'S AMUSING SIDE ! EVERYONE WAS TOTALLY COMMITED TO PUSHING THE NEEDLE TO MAX FROM THE WORD GO ! BRILLIANT TO PUT FACES TO NAMES. OH AND SOME MIGHTY FINE MUSIC TO BOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PETE & KAREN YOU ARE STARS SEE YOU SOON !!!

ACE SPOTS FROM ALL CONCERNED AND MARIA YEAH I DID LUV YOUR SET, SORRY IF I WAS A VINYL PEST ! :rolleyes: BUTCH ,SAM.ARTHUR. LARS. JOHN & ALI, DAVE, MALAYKA, ADY POUNTAIN. THE STEFANS .MARC .GAVIN PAGE...& THE MIGHTY RENEGADES OF FUNK kERMIT & CORTEZ ...AND RALF M....ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON ANYONE I'VE MISSED...APOLOGIES........IT'S FAIR TO SAY I LEFT MY HEART IN BAMBERG AND WILL BE BACK HOOK OR BY CROOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

CPTN M

Edited by bearsoul

......IT'S FAIR TO SAY I LEFT MY HEART IN BAMBERG AND WILL BE BACK HOOK OR BY CROOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

What an amazing way to celebrate a wedding!!! :thumbsup:

Karen, Pete, Claire, Jenny, Sam, Arthur and I set off for a real magical celebration with friendships formed and reinforced over great music and food in a medieval jewelbox location. The girls took over from the start and after some naughty language to sensitive ears - the greatest girl group (aka The Tourette's) was formed. Sam quickly nominated himself as patriarch and Bamberg was bracing itself for the onslaught :yes: .

...Actually, lots of laughs and stories were exchanged over the next few days, but the best thing was - you had to be there :thumbsup:

Malayka and Suzanne (& friends) organised things brilliantly - there were a few hidden hiccups (dj's missing flights or sleeping through) but it caused no dramas and everything flowed very smoothly. Venues were stunning, sleek, picturesque and comfy - a bit of everything good and all within a few paces/minutes walk from the hotel. Many thanks to the local DJ's who stood aside in the evening sessions for us foreigners, so that Dave & Malayka could have more of their visiting DJs play. It's nice to see such kindness against the expected ego's and I know it particularly touched them both. Many thanks to Malayka & Dave and Suzanne for being such wonderful hosts - including some special treats for the wedding party from the bride & groom. Many thanks also for asking me to play some sounds in the big main room - I'm probably a bit rusty these days, but enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Other than the weekender, other favourite moments were lying in bed and listening to lengthy runs of church-bells, walking around town for hours, big soulful groups at dinner, taking pics of the architecture and touching sensual sandstone.

Big hello to those who shared our company, including soul sourcers John & Ali, Chris & Carlos, Marc & Carina, Gavin & Jill ...and the lurker couples out there whistling.gif

We got home just after midnight, so I only managed a few hours sleep before work today and I hope this comes across well enough. It's not a weekender for the faint-hearted or party animal either. This one is a special euro experience with quality soul music. I know they intend to keep it that way :yes:

m

Well, what can I add ? It was a fabulous weekender and topped last years event in some aspects as well :thumbsup: If it wouldn`t have been the case already after last years event Germany now definitely has three major all-weekend events that shouldn´t be allowed to be missed by anyone. Many thanks to all who made this weekend such a great one and especially to Dave and Malayka and the Bamberg crew for getting all done so properly and professional and for inviting me and my old vinyl dusties. Hope to see you all soon again fellow Soulies :thumbsup:

Guest Bearsoul

Well, what can I add ? It was a fabulous weekender and topped last years event in some aspects as well :thumbsup: If it wouldn`t have been the case already after last years event Germany now definitely has three major all-weekend events that shouldn´t be allowed to be missed by anyone. Many thanks to all who made this weekend such a great one and especially to Dave and Malayka and the Bamberg crew for getting all done so properly and professional and for inviting me and my old vinyl dusties. Hope to see you all soon again fellow Soulies :thumbsup:

BRILLIANT TO MEET YOU MARC...I'LL BE IN TOUCH CHRIS MORGAN :sleep3: HOPE TO MAKE IT TO HAMBURG !!!!!!!!
Guest malayka

Well, here I am, back in England, still tired, but there are a few things to say, also on behalf of Susanna, my co promoter.

We are very pleased that you all had such a great time in Bamberg. We did and will in future do our best to make next year's event as successfull as it was this year. All in all we had about 500 guests which shows us that we are on the right way.

It's fair to say that we put a lot of effort in it, but to see happy smiling faces and people who don't want stop dancing at 5.o'clock morning is more than worth it.

We were asked why we don't do it twice a year...well, that's pretty simple...it isn't easy to organise an event in the way we do it, it's difficult because we live some thousand miles apart from each other, which makes things sometimes a bit difficult (...my telephonebill...). And it's also a matter of general costs, the location is not cheap, but we belive in this location, it has so much athmosphere...it may sounds silly, to say this as pormoters; but we are proud of what we managed to achieve and we are already about planning next year's SoulShakers Weekender...

A big thank you to all the DJ's, who did BRILLIANT work, to all the people who supported us, as big thank you to Susanna's boyfriend Karl who showed a lot of patience and last but not least to the love of my life Dave who is just always there for me...

Hope someone will put up some photos....I don't have any...

THANK YOU ALL

See you in Bamberg in 2008

Malayka & Susanna

Mainroom playlists for Friday and Saturday

Betty Wright-Circle Of Heart Breaks-Alston

Dobie Gray-Honey You Can Take It Back-White Whale

Earnest king-You Gonna Miss Me-LK

Delrays Incorporated-Destination Unknown-Tampete

Houston Outlaws-Ain't no telling-Westbound

Kings Of Soul-Is Your Love For Me-Down To Earth

Holidays-Without Your Sweet love-C/U

Liberation-Love Looks Good On You-SOA

Flamingos-Lover Come Back-Polydor

Bill Brandon-Streets Got My Lady-Piedmont

Lynn Collins-Think-People

Accents-Who you Gonna Love-One-Der-Ful

Edwin Starr-Don't Tell Me I'm Crazy-Soul

Ray Pollard-Soulmate-Omnipotent

King Tutt-You've Got Me Hung Up-Fun City

Salvadors-Stick By Me Baby-Wise World

Jimmie Raye-Philly Dog Around The World-KKC

Lonie Jones-Treat Youe Baby Right-Jenmark

Charles Mintz-Running Back-Up Look

Ty Karim-Ain't That Love Enough-Studio Disc

Major Harris-Call Me Tomorrow-Okeh

Herman Hitson-Why Not Me-Studio Disc

Dave Blocker-My Life Been Dark Skies-C/U

Eddie Parker-I Need A True Love-Studio Disc

Exciting Changes-I've Got Something Good For You-West Hill

Neal & The Memphis Horns-Hide Away-Studio Disc

Pages-Heartaches & Pain-Sunstruck

Florence Trapp-Love Came Into my Life-You & I

Young Divines-Ain't That Sharp-Note

Chosen Few-Birth Of a Playboy-Canyon

Dramatics-All Because Of You-Sport

Paris-Sleepless Nights-Doc

Stemmons Express-Woman, Love Thief-Wand

Turks-The Bad Brought The Good-DJO

Masquaders-That's The Same Thing-Soultown

Billy Taylor Trio-I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free-Tower

Richard Popcorn Wylie-I Can Take The World On With You-ABC

Richard Popcorn Wylie-Lost Time-ABC

Andrew Smith-Dreaming Of A Brighter Day-Studio Disc

Modern Room to follow

Dave :thumbsup:

Wow!!

...still too wrecked to write a proper report.

It was very well organized, the music was brilliant from the first to the last record in both rooms, the weather...a dream, really nice guests from all over Europe (hope Beersoul...oh sorry...Bearsoul found his way back to the hotel after Mikel and me helped him back on his feet...after he`d taken a 5 metre staircase with one big step...looks really dangerous ...and a little bit funny), the Venue was mindblowing, cold`n`cheap Bavarian beer, what can I say. AAAAA++++

...and my cheeks still burning from all the laughter with the bunch from Hamburg.

Take the chance to be the first with a playlist:

Oliver Sain - Blowing For Love (Abet)

Willie Brown - Love That Stranger (Tri-It)

Albert Jones - I Do Love You (Tri-City)

Fourth Creation - I Think I would Cry (Daran)

Sunny & The Sunliners - I`m No Stranger (Key-Loc)

Pattie Ward - Get Off My Stuff (Road)

Unlimited Four - Calling (Chanson)

C. Vaughn Leslie - What we Need (To Make This World Allright) (Bandit)

The Rivingtons - Years Of Tears (VJ)

Len Jewell - The Elevator Song (Pzazz)

The Enjoyables - Push A Little Harder (Capitol)

Joe Graves - (That`s How) A Boy And A Girl Falls In Love (Parkway)

The Chymes - My Babay`s Gone Away (Down To Earth)

Ella Woods - I Need Your Love (Soul Merging)

Bobby Taylor - It Was A Good Time (Sunflower)

David Brinston - Hit And Run (Jomar)

Little Anthony - Nothing From Nothing (Pure Gold)

Pat Livingston - You Bet I Would (Money)

The Newday - Wait A Minute (On Top)

Will Hatcher - You Haven`t Seen Nothin` Yet (Wheelsville)

Robert Neal - Good-Bye Now (Port)

...and thanks to Marc from Berlin for playing my request...thought I got a heart attack after dancing too fast to this record. Are we too old for all this shit? Bollocks...see you next year down south.

Hi Ralf

Great too see the Hamburg posse again and thanks for playing, Bobby Taylor - It Was A Good Time (Sunflower), such a nice tune. See you at the Hamburg Weekender. Everyone else get yourself booked, it's gonna be a blast.

Dave thumbsup.gif

well, can not really add something.

everything mentioned above, making this weekend just the best soul experience i can imagine.

see you next year :lol:

a quick remark to some (for me) outstanding tunes:

-soul sam - not a tune i know, but i couldn't manage to find out what it was, what he played in the modern room. unissued? with a yellow label and hand-written, green letters on it. if anyone took notice of it and knows what it is whistling.gif

-the other one by him, a track called "our love is here to stay". BEAUTIFUL.

-a well-know piece for most of you i guess, but surely one of the finest effots of 6T's soul music:

SOUL INC. "THIS IS MY PROPOSAL".

"...but my love will never decrease. now that we know for sure, that our love will always endure, now that you have fullfilled my life, i'm asking you to be my wife. THIS IS MY PROPOSAL"

imagine hearing it for the first time, then the second, third... :) so glad that i found the clip on here. heaven.

congratulations mister forrest.

also want to thank malayka again for convincing me to play some records at the alldayer myself.

a few people asked for my plays, so here they are.

j. j. barnes SNOW FLAKES volt

jimmy ruffin HOW CAN I SAY I'M SORRY soul

vee vee WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION movement

dan brantley YOU GOT TO PROVE IT federal

bobby boyd WHATCHA 'GONNA DO ABOUT IT bang

little milton LET ME BACK IN stax

pat johnson & the moonlighters GIVE ME A HELPING HAND cap town

oscar wright FELL IN LOVE hemisphere

carol anderson IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN TO A DOG mid-town

margie joseph I CAN'T MOVE NO MOUNTIANS atlantic

rance allen group PEACE OF MIND capitol

la voyage NEVER LOOKIN BACK trans a

fantastic epics LET'S GET TOGETHER kelton

underground express A MAN'S TEMPTATION u.g.e.

the sonics COME HOME BABY white cliffs

our brother's keeper THE HARLEM CLOWN king

thanks to everyone involved and see you in bamberg

markus

well, can not really add something.

everything mentioned above, making this weekend just the best soul experience i can imagine.

see you next year :lol:

a quick remark to some (for me) outstanding tunes:

-soul sam - not a tune i know, but i couldn't manage to find out what it was, what he played in the modern room. unissued? with a yellow label and hand-written, green letters on it. if anyone took notice of it and knows what it is whistling.gif

-the other one by him, a track called "our love is here to stay". BEAUTIFUL.

-a well-know piece for most of you i guess, but surely one of the finest effots of 6T's soul music:

SOUL INC. "THIS IS MY PROPOSAL".

"...but my love will never decrease. now that we know for sure, that our love will always endure, now that you have fullfilled my life, i'm asking you to be my wife. THIS IS MY PROPOSAL"

imagine hearing it for the first time, then the second, third... :) so glad that i found the clip on here. heaven.

congratulations mister forrest.

also want to thank malayka again for convincing me to play some records at the alldayer myself.

a few people asked for my plays, so here they are.

j. j. barnes SNOW FLAKES volt

jimmy ruffin HOW CAN I SAY I'M SORRY soul

vee vee WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION movement

dan brantley YOU GOT TO PROVE IT federal

bobby boyd WHATCHA 'GONNA DO ABOUT IT bang

little milton LET ME BACK IN stax

pat johnson & the moonlighters GIVE ME A HELPING HAND cap town

oscar wright FELL IN LOVE hemisphere

carol anderson IT SHOULDN'T HAPPEN TO A DOG mid-town

margie joseph I CAN'T MOVE NO MOUNTIANS atlantic

rance allen group PEACE OF MIND capitol

la voyage NEVER LOOKIN BACK trans a

fantastic epics LET'S GET TOGETHER kelton

underground express A MAN'S TEMPTATION u.g.e.

the sonics COME HOME BABY white cliffs

our brother's keeper THE HARLEM CLOWN king

thanks to everyone involved and see you in bamberg

markus

For your first time on the decks a great set, see you soon

Dave

Where's your play list :lol:

here you go sir...

...in order where it was possible :thumbsup:

Friday night 3.00 - 3.50

Antiques Go For Yourself

Eric Mercury Lonely Girl

Eugene Jefferson Pretty Girl Dressed In Brown

Ike Noble That`s What I Get

LJ Waiters In The Same Old Way

Sean (Mr Esquire) Taylor Never Do I Worry

Jokers Soul Sound

Imperial C`s Someone Tell Her

Soul Brothers Inc. Teardrops

Four Andantes Hipper Than Me

Third Wish You Gotta Believe

Homer Banks Sweetie Pie

Soul Incorporated My Proposal

Czars Tell Her With Your Eyes

San Fransisco TKO`s Make Up Your Mind

Psychedelic Frankie Putting You Out Of my Life

Patrinell Staten Little Love Affair

Ralp Graham She Just Sits There

Jimmy Radcliffe A Clock that Got No Hands

Johnny Rodgers Make A Change

Saturday night 0.00 - 0.40

Frankie Crocker Ton Of Dynamite

Bobby Guitar Wood It´s Mighty Nice To Know

Joe Matthews Nothing You Can Do

Roy Roberts I Know What To Do

Jimmy Mack My World Is On Fire

Jock Mitchell Not A Chance In A Million

Little Tommy Baby Can`t You See

Third Wish You Gotta Believe

A Tint Of Darkness Answer Me

Soulettes Bring Your Fine Self Home

Martha Starr Love Is The Only Solution

Carol Anderson I`m Not Worried

Four Andantes Hipper Than Me request to spin again

Homer Banks Sweetie Pie request to spin again

Soul Incorporated My Proposal request to spin again

Jimmy Radcliffe A Clock That Got No Hands request to spin again

Johnny Rodgers Make A Change

Little Tommy Baby Can`t You See

Edited by Marc Forrest
Guest malayka

Hey Tolbert!

it was my pleasure! it was good to see the hamburg crowd again, always a guarantee for a good athmosphere! The table for next year is already reserved ( i will try to get one of these old big ashtreys which stood in the breweries on the top table - they always had the names of the most regular visitors/special guests written...I'll make one with "Travelgroup Hamburg") :wicked:

Hey Tolbert!

it was my pleasure! it was good to see the hamburg crowd again, always a guarantee for a good athmosphere! The table for next year is already reserved ( i will try to get one of these old big ashtreys which stood in the breweries on the top table - they always had the names of the most regular visitors/special guests written...I'll make one with "Travelgroup Hamburg") :thumbup:

Hi, I just downloaded a few pictures of the wedding do, Bamberg and the soulfull evenings :yes: See you tomorrow nite to celebrate Alison's birthday :P a good excuse for an eve of excellent soul :good: and no more drinks :yes::thumbsup: for me, well I may have 1 or 2 :P since I am not flying!!! :thumbsup::lol: Carlos

Edited by 7daylover

Source Advert