Empress Ballroom. 6/5/07

Once again it`s Bank Holiday Sunday & up and away to the "Empress" in Mexborough to spend an evening of indulgence with my very good friend "Nell" & the fabulous people of South Yorkshire in the elegant surrounds of "The Empress". :ohmy:

The nights here, although infrequent, are consistently good & people travel from far & wide to attend, always ensuring the venue is packed tighter than a fill your own salad box & definately over subscribed. So well done Nell, Yocky & Woody, also not forgetting Joy who sit`s sentry at the door with her list & envelopes ensuring only the chosen ones are allowed in, you all do an excellent job. thumbsup.gif

Inside the room up on the decks is "Little Miss Soul" Rosie, a lovely girl in her teens who`s Mum & Dad I`m sure are proud as punch of her & rightly so, as without the merest hint of nerves she plays us a spot of excellent music including one of my fav`s "James Walsh Gypsy Band", top spot Rosie & carry on showing us wrinklies how it`s done. :D

The guest Dj`s took the 2 main hours of the night & boy were they worth it, Mark Whiteley whom I`d not heard of or heard play, treat us to an hour of "Oh & Aagh" music, including; Joseph Webster, Joe Jama & Lillian Bryant & I was in 7th heaven. Next up was Mr Jones & I know he`s a good m8 so I`m a little biase but not only me but numerous people, who stopped him to tell him, thought his spot was "BLOODY MARVELLOUS" playing a very varied set, such as; Continental Showstoppers, Cashmeres, Little Major Williams & more, just great!! :ohmy:

The regulars backed these three up admirably & kept the floor full & the punters happy all night. Well done to all & only 3 weeks & we`ve got to do it all again, Yippee!!! :P

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :D

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mark Whiteley whom I`d not heard of or heard play, treat us to an hour of "Oh & Aagh" music, including; Joseph Webster, Joe Jama & Lillian Bryant & I was in 7th heaven.

Take care & be safe,

Spot. :D

Many thanx for the kind words Spot - I am that said Mark Whiteley :shades:

Yes have to aggree, excellent night as allways courtesy of the promotion team, they have got it spot on with the dates, - no overkill, varied music styles from the residents and guests, and the all important bank holiday following to recover thumbsup.gif

Me and Mrs Boot have attended all the nights here and I was especially honoured to be invited as a guest this time. Big thanks to the very appreciative crowd and a special mention for Mike West who's 'big rig' sound system is the best on the scene!

See everyone next bank holiday

M :wicked:

Guest Shedhead

:good: nice 1 lads ( nell,,yocky & woody ) really good night,,all djs played some right tuness,,nice 1.. :shades:

cheers..col..shell.

''Inside the room up on the decks is "Little Miss Soul" Rosie, a lovely girl in her teens who`s Mum & Dad I`m sure are proud as punch of her & rightly so, as without the merest hint of nerves she plays us a spot of excellent music including one of my fav`s "James Walsh Gypsy Band", top spot Rosie & carry on showing us wrinklies how it`s done. yes.gif ''

Thanks,, I hope my parent's are proud of me,, Took me ages to find a james walsh gypsey band-cuz its you girl but am just making sure that the great sounds will keep on being played and will try and keep northern soul on going as people are getting older and weaker and tryin to get us the next generation making it last :rolleyes:

Keep on Keeping on

Rosie ''Little Miss Soul''

Guest Shedhead

Thanks,, i hope my parent's are proud of me,, Took me ages to find a james walsh gypsey band-cuz its you girl but am just making sure that the great sounds will keep on being played and will try and keep northern soul on going as people are getting older and weaker and tryin to get us the next generation making it last smile.gif

Keep on Keeping on

Rosie ''Little Miss Soul''

so they should be !!! so should the people on this scene,,for someboby as young who'll keep the scene going in distant future" nice i rosie"

all the best..col..shell.

Source Advert