Guest Hunnymon

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest stromberg

Anybody go the new Ebony Alleyne CD yet.

I

I have it and I love it. I am by no means a friend of all those Ian Levine productions, in fact I think the vast majority totally suck, but this album is different. Good songs and I really like her voice. And there are nearly no filler songs on it, I've been listening to the whole album a few times now, it makes great listening.

So, if you know any of her songs and like them, go ahead and buy the CD, you won't be disappointed. I did so because I also think that an artist like her deserves support, so I bought the CD and didn't look for a cheaper way to burn a CDR..

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Social source share

Guest Hunnymon

I have placed an order for the CD which hasn't arrived yet and I was wondering if the release date had been put back,but if you have a copy this can't be the case, maybe it's sold out!

I do agree with everything you say about the Ebony CD.

Have you noticed though how the melody to "Second Chance" is really "You'll Never Get To Heaven" and "Walk Away (Never Look Back) sounds an awful lot like Little Anthonys "Going Out Of My Head" :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest stromberg

I have placed an order for the CD which hasn't arrived yet and I was wondering if the release date had been put back,but if you have a copy this can't be the case, maybe it's sold out!

I do agree with everything you say about the Ebony CD.

Have you noticed though how the melody to "Second Chance" is really "You'll Never Get To Heaven" and "Walk Away (Never Look Back) sounds an awful lot like Little Anthonys "Going Out Of My Head" :thumbsup:

yes, walk away sounded familiar :D , don't know the song "you'll never get to heaven", to be honest.

Got my copy from Crazy beat two or three weeks ago,

Seems like we are the only ones who care about this CD, surprises me a bit..

Hope you get your copy soon,

Best,

Stefan

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

At Weekender 3 heard Ebony Alleyne never heard of her before but wow what a voice.Little nervous but that did'nt stop her she was fantastic. Got home and ordered her new album.It had arrived today and is already nearly worn out!!!! Just can't stop playng it.Anyone out there who has heard her singing? It's a must buy!The girl's full of SOUL.

Edited by Baz
Social source share

Hi John i'll move this to All About the Soul, as its artist/album spasific, might get a better response over there :thumbsup:

Social source share

At Weekender 3 heard Ebony Alleyne never heard of her before but wow what a voice.Little nervous but that did'nt stop her she was fantastic. Got home and ordered her new album.It had arrived today and is already nearly worn out!!!! Just can't stop playng it.Anyone out there who has heard her singing? It's a must buy!The girl's full of SOUL.

that took a long time, where did you order it from, fantasy island ?

how about a intro ?

topics merged

Social source share

that took a long time, where did you order it from, fantasy island ?

how about a intro ?

topics merged

:no:

It did read like an advert.

Though (seriously) I don't know how long it's actually been available officially, it didn't actually come out back when it was recorded apart from on bootlegs, she was dropped from the label just before it was issued.

Social source share

:no:

It did read like an advert.

Though (seriously) I don't know how long it's actually been available officially, it didn't actually come out back when it was recorded apart from on bootlegs, she was dropped from the label just before it was issued.

It's been available on Expansion since May.

Cheers

Nick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert