2nd Anniversary Cream Cracker

Guest kev such

Guest kev such

Hi Matt,

Kev is easily recognisable, as he's the small quiet guy on the door with the "baldy man comb -over" & an "i love Tommy Hunt" tattoo on his left arm!! oh, and he usually wears shorts.

cheers,

john mc.

Thanks John, its nice to see that i have made a lasting impression on you mate. You forgot to mention, my one glass eye, false beard, and nipple piercings.

See you and Dot at Rushden mate.

Kev.

• Replies 281
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest kid mohair

Looking forward to this . Trying to get a posse together from harborough to come over

[/quote be good to see you as allways matt, got some nice rnb for ya.Andy.

Guest kev such

heres a pic of kev such for anybody meeting at the cream cracker soul night on 11th aug

I'd like to know where the bloody hell you dug that up from, i had to spend 5 weeks on a Nomads camel train providing entertainment (and i dont want to talk about it), so that all copies would be destroyed. I must admit i do look slightly better than that really mate, but in all honesty only once i've had a shave and a shower.

Brilliant though Moldie, purely brilliant.

Kev.

oh dear

i was hoping to play a bit of rnb too :P

You can play what you want to mate, I'm sure Andy will leave us one or two to play, then again we could glue the lid to his box shut.

i didnt want to bring too many play boxes thats all...going on last means you gotta cover yourself

im just hoping my big 3 purchases arrive in time..blown over a grand so wanna play them out

its so close now..i cant wait

moldie

I think we could have a Kev's only DJing night. What do you think. Would get confusing though. Someone would ask whose that djing, the answer would be "oh thats Kev". :P " I know that but which one is it".

Kev3

LETS DO IT ANYWAY COULD BE FUN. :lol:

Guest kev such

i didnt want to bring too many play boxes thats all...going on last means you gotta cover yourself

im just hoping my big 3 purchases arrive in time..blown over a grand so wanna play them out

its so close now..i cant wait

moldie

Its so close mate i can almost taste it.

If you and Chris want to swap timings mate and go on 11 to 12 then you can, and i will do the last spot. Let me know what you would prefer to do mate. If you want me to hire a long wheel base van so we can bring your record boxes to the venue, then let me know, but the hire cost would have to offset against you B+B. :P:lol:

Kev

Edited by kev such
Guest kev such

LETS DO IT ANYWAY COULD BE FUN. :P

Yeah it would be fun Kev. How many Kev DJ's are there do we know?

We could all wear the same gear. That would be confusing. especially as i haven't got a flipping clue who i am half the time.

Kev3

If you and Chris want to swap timings mate and go on 11 to 12 then you can, and i will do the last spot. Let me know what you would prefer to do mate.

im happy to do the last spot as is chris ..just dont like to be left short if you know what i mean...we have more than enough tunes but chris,s mrs needs 8 suitcases for the overnight stay :rolleyes:

we will be knocking on the door before the start waiting to get in...we hate missing a single tune and hate playing something thats already been played even more....ill be bring two play boxes and chris will do the same :boxing:

is it ok to bring a couple of sales boxes and a spare deck to hear them on?

moldie

Guest kev such

im happy to do the last spot as is chris ..just dont like to be left short if you know what i mean...we have more than enough tunes but chris,s mrs needs 8 suitcases for the overnight stay :rolleyes:

we will be knocking on the door before the start waiting to get in...we hate missing a single tune and hate playing something thats already been played even more....ill be bring two play boxes and chris will do the same :boxing:

is it ok to bring a couple of sales boxes and a spare deck to hear them on?

moldie

I get to the venue for about 7pm and then Mark D gets there for about 7.10pm(ish).

There is an alcove area off to the side of the main hall where you can set up your stall. The area to the side would be ideal because mostly people sit around the dancfloor and bar and also for some strange reason the sound doesn't carry too well into the alcoved area. So consequently you can hold a conversation under there without shouting, i.e. when you are bartering.

I know what you mean reference the overnight bags mate, my mrs does the same on the night and we only live 7 miles away from the venue. Bless em eh?

Kev.

I get to the venue for about 7pm and then Mark D gets there for about 7.10pm(ish).

There is an alcove area off to the side of the main hall where you can set up your stall. The area to the side would be ideal because mostly people sit around the dancfloor and bar and also for some strange reason the sound doesn't carry too well into the alcoved area. So consequently you can hold a conversation under there without shouting, i.e. when you are bartering.

I know what you mean reference the overnight bags mate, my mrs does the same on the night and we only live 7 miles away from the venue. Bless em eh?

Kev.

hi kev

thanks for info and help

are you sure this alcove aint the toilet area?

it will only be 3 boxes if thats ok

chris,s mrs has booked a 75ft trailer to cover every eventuallity clothes wise

If you and Chris want to swap timings mate and go on 11 to 12 then you can, and i will do the last spot. Let me know what you would prefer to do mate. If you want me to hire a long wheel base van so we can bring your record boxes to the venue, then let me know, but the hire cost would have to offset against you B+B. :yes::lol:

Kev

Would that mean we would be staying in a B and not a B&B :D

Don't know but i will find out on the 11th :yes:

it sounds like there are quite a few people going for the first time

this night cant come quick enough for me :D

Would that mean we would be staying in a B and not a B&B :D

i hope you and kerry dont mind top and tailing with me :yes:

kev kent and pat are in the sam bnb as us

Edited by moldie
Guest Phil Richards

it sounds like there are quite a few people going for the first time

this night cant come quick enough for me :D

I am off to the football match 1st 5.20 kickoff as its on sky but should be there about 8-30

Guest kev such

hi kev

thanks for info and help

are you sure this alcove aint the toilet area?

it will only be 3 boxes if thats ok

chris,s mrs has booked a 75ft trailer to cover every eventuallity clothes wise

If you look in the photos on my page you will see someone drying their skirt in the toilets.

You can bring as many boxes as you want mate.

Am just playing random tunes on me PC prior to going to Rushden this evening. Judging by the interest it proves to be a cracking night.

If you pass Kettering on the way to Rothwell, can you pick up some clothes from mine for my Mrs, saves me emptying the van really?

The picture is a great likeness really, the good thing about looking like that, is that it attrcts people to the Cream Cracker so they can look at the FREAK PROMOTER. :D:P:lol: .

Kev.

Guest kev such

I am off to the football match 1st 5.20 kickoff as its on sky but should be there about 8-30

Be good to see you there and your good lady Phil, 8.30 is a good time to get there, as the guest punter goes on then and this is always a great spot because they out do the respective DJ's everytime.

The guest punter this time is a guy call John McClure, he mostly collects Detroit tunes, so i should imagine that we are in for a few treats.

Kev.

If you look in the photos on my page you will see someone drying their skirt in the toilets....great pic..who is the lecherous gent in the foreground?

You can bring as many boxes as you want mate...top man

Am just playing random tunes on me PC prior to going to Rushden this evening. Judging by the interest it proves to be a cracking night.

If you pass Kettering on the way to Rothwell, can you pick up some clothes from mine for my Mrs, saves me emptying the van really?...no probs ill bring her whole wardrobe :P

The picture is a great likeness really, the good thing about looking like that, is that it attrcts people to the Cream Cracker so they can look at the FREAK PROMOTER. :D:lol::D .

the same thing happens at lightwater and chrises farnborough event

Kev.

post-2061-1185649228.jpg

post-2061-1185649318.jpg

Guest kev such

The chap in the photo is actually the best friend of the lady drying her skirt. I think the smile on his face is the best.

Just one more Saturday to go now Moldie. Next Sunday is the Rock Foundation Anniversary at the Pemberton up here in Rushden, which i am looking forward to and then the week after its THE CRACKER. Hoping it will be a good night, i dropped a flyer at a friends in Market Harborough yesterday and it would appear we've got some people coming over to see Mr Pollard play.

Do you have any idea what time you may be arriving in Rothwell. I am going to set the decks up at about 1pm. That would probably be a bit early for you to be up here, but i may well still be setting up around about 2.30(ish)? I say setting up, i mean having a couple of hours with Jem on a selfindulgant trip.

The right hand photo has got a strange resemblence to my sister. SPOOKY!!!! :thumbsup:

Kev.

Hoping it will be a good night, i dropped a flyer at a friends in Market Harborough yesterday and it would appear we've got some people coming over to see Mr Pollard play.

Do you have any idea what time you may be arriving in Rothwell. I am going to set the decks up at about 1pm. That would probably be a bit early for you to be up here, but i may well still be setting up around about 2.30(ish)? I say setting up, i mean having a couple of hours with Jem on a selfindulgant trip.

The right hand photo has got a strange resemblence to my sister. SPOOKY!!!! :thumbsup:

Kev.

Guest kev such

hi kev

just spoke to chris and hes picking me up at 10 am

not sure how long it will take but id like to join you on your self indulgent trip if thats ok

also i could get my sales stuff sorted rather than leave it till the doors open

id rather be up there for certain then down here pacing up and down like an expectant father

moldie

Guest soulful ady

Hi Kev,sorry mate not going to make this one,up in crewe for that young mans 18th or was it 21st birthday bash,you'll have to let us know for deffo about the 3 cocks we're both up for that.

cheers Ady(Ex proper squaddie)

Edited by soulful ady
Guest kev such

Hi Kev,sorry mate not going to make this one,up in crewe for that young mans 18th or was it 21st birthday bash,you'll have to let us know for deffo about the 3 cocks we're both up for that.

cheers Ady(Ex proper squaddie)

Shame you wont make it to the Cracker Ady, should imagine it will be a cracking night at Brav's 70th. Seems like most people from here are going to Bravs.

Reference the 3 Cocks bash i am hoping to hold it on Sunday the 26th August. I will ring the pub today and see if we can have the room.

Are you and Mags going to the Rock Foundation do this Sunday at the Pemberton?

Regards

Kev (front line, not REMF)

Evening Moldie.

I should imagine it will take you about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get up here mate, allowing for wee breaks etc...

No problems with you and Chris joining in with the selfindulgence. Also that would be a better idea to set your stall up in the afternoon. Let me know when you are in Rothwell and i will come down and meet you and take you up to the venue. I will PM my telephone number.

Regards

Kev

Guest kev such

2 to 2 1/2 hours is right on sat nav

we are going to bnb first then we will give you a bell

got number cheers

how come the last week is dragging

two top tunes arrived today

a few more to come

regards moldie

Good guess at 2 to 2/12 hours.

The week is dragging because you want it to hurry up...too true

Got the Dells, "Make sure", what amazing vocals...aint played my copy in ages May have to spin it at the Cream Cracker.

Top form regarding you getting up here mate, give me a call when you are settled at B+B and i will come down and get you, its only a 2 or 3 minute walk from the venue, you can come up and get aquainted with decks. Its also not too far to stagger back to...that will suit chris and kerry..i am tea total

Like i said previously Moldie, Roy St_Claire and Tony Newman will be up here Saturday the 11th also so we can have a chat about Bournemouth if you want....sounds good to me..be great to catch up with tony and roy again

Regards

Kev.

ive got about 150 tunes i wanna play...lolol chris has the same...cant you make it a nighter

moldie

Yeah it would be fun Kev. How many Kev DJ's are there do we know?

We could all wear the same gear. That would be confusing. especially as i haven't got a flipping clue who i am half the time.

Kev3

Just changed me name to Kev cos i feel a bit left out Kev :huh:

2 to 2 1/2 hours is right on sat nav

we are going to bnb first then we will give you a bell

got number cheers

how come the last week is dragging

two top tunes arrived today

a few more to come

regards moldie

Good guess at 2 to 2/12 hours.

The week is dragging because you want it to hurry up.

Got the Dells, "Make sure", what amazing vocals. May have to spin it at the Cream Cracker.

Top form regarding you getting up here mate, give me a call when you are settled at B+B and i will come down and get you, its only a 2 or 3 minute walk from the venue, you can come up and get aquainted with decks. Its also not too far to stagger back to.

Like i said previously Moldie, Roy St_Claire and Tony Newman will be up here Saturday the 11th also so we can have a chat about Bournemouth if you want.

Regards

Kev.

Nice tune Kev ...might spin "Thinking about you" another great Dells track :huh:

Shame you wont make it to the Cracker Ady, should imagine it will be a cracking night at Brav's 70th. Seems like most people from here are going to Bravs.

Reference the 3 Cocks bash i am hoping to hold it on Sunday the 26th August. I will ring the pub today and see if we can have the room.

Are you and Mags going to the Rock Foundation do this Sunday at the Pemberton?

Regards

Kev (front line, not REMF)

70th !!!! at least ive got more hair than you not_i.gifnot_i.gifnot_i.gif

See you at the Rock Foundation on Sunday mate.

Guest kent soul club

Best of luck with this. Sounds like my sort of night, but otherwise engaged that night!

Hope all goes well.

Magoo.

Nice tune Kev ...might spin "Thinking about you" another great Dells track :huh:

thats two of my tunes sent to the back of my play box :wub:

both top tunes..did the dells ever do a bad track?

Guest kev such

Just changed me name to Kev cos i feel a bit left out Kev :wub:

You can change your name to Kev if you want Jem, but you have to go through a vetting process, i dont know what it is because i'm a natural Kev. But i,ve heard "It aint pleasent". :huh::wub: or you could be an honoury Kev, but that "aint cheap".

Don't think i have ever heard a bad tune by the Dells. Their vocals are impeccable.

See you Sunday.

Regards to Bev and the Boys.

Kev.

Guest kev such

70th !!!! at least ive got more hair than you not_i.gifnot_i.gifnot_i.gif

See you at the Rock Foundation on Sunday mate.

True mate, but only wear my hair for special occassions, weddings,christenings and barmitzvers.

See you Sunday Brav.

Kev

Guest kev such

Best of luck with this. Sounds like my sort of night, but otherwise engaged that night!

Hope all goes well.

Magoo.

Thanks Magoo, maybe next time mate.

Kev

Guest the saint

Aint it amazing how time flies?

The 11th Of August is the 2nd Anniversary of the Cream Cracker Soul Club, at Rothwell Town Football Club, Cecil, Street, Rothwell. Nr Kettering. NN14 6EZ

Playing Classic Northern, RnB and early Crossover

large carpark, Late bar (12.30),Large wooden Dancefloor.

£4.00 OTD.

Djs and timings are

Mark D 7.30-8.30 (Soul Shack, Wellingborough)

John McClure 8.30-9.00 (guest punter spot)

Jem Britten 9.00-10.00 (Going to a Go Go) Who has very kindly stepped in as My trusty sidekick Mellers is

sunning himself on a beach somewhere.

Andy Pollard 10.00-11.00 (Guest DJ)

Kev Such 11.00-12.00

Moldie/Chris Thorley 12.00-01.00 (Guest DJ's.Lightwater,Farnborough) Strictly no underwear throwing from all you Moldie/Chris groupies, you know who you are Mr Kent.

Doors open at 7.30 and we close at 01.00(ish)

Free 28 track CD and super dooper car sticker to 1st 100. (i know its blatant marketing, but i've got to spend me money on something wink.gif )

HI KEV

me and sally will be there.

steve

ive got about 150 tunes i wanna play...lolol chris has the same...cant you make it a nighter

moldie

Yeah i know what you mean. The worse bit is the day after when you go through your box to put your playlist up and you see SO many other tunes you wished you'd played.

Kev.

i do this all the time...i say to myself..i must play this or that out but it never goes according to plan

one night ill just take a smaller box out and put in it stuff that i want to play but never do

moldie

Guest kev such

HI KEV

me and sally will be there.

steve

Afternoon Steve,

EXCELLENT mate, was good to see you and Sally on Saturday night at Rushden. Hope you went home smiling Steve. :lol:

Kev

Guest kev such

i do this all the time...i say to myself..i must play this or that out but it never goes according to plan

one night ill just take a smaller box out and put in it stuff that i want to play but never do

moldie

I've downloaded most of my vinyl onto my PC now, and i put it on random play, most evenings when doing quotes or accounts etc.. I always end up hearing stuff and saying " Oh yeah, i forgot i had that, i'll put it to the front of my box and play it out next time, but others ALWAYS supercede it before i go and do a spot" I suppose really that most DJ's could do with a 6 or 7 hour spot.

Kev.

I've downloaded most of my vinyl onto my PC now, and i put it on random play, most evenings when doing quotes or accounts etc.. I always end up hearing stuff and saying " Oh yeah, i forgot i had that, i'll put it to the front of my box and play it out next time, but others ALWAYS supercede it before i go and do a spot" I suppose really that most DJ's could do with a 6 or 7 hour spot.

Kev.

is that an offer kev? :lol:

i hope you and kerry dont mind top and tailing with me :lol:

kev kent and pat are in the sam bnb as us

I won't tell Pam you called her Pat :( .

I want to get her on the decks as "Pamela Motown" :lol:

Don't think Patela sounds as good - she'll think she's been kneecapped.

Kev(s), I've confused myself as to who I am -1,2,3,4 or more?

Maybe I'll find out on the night. Looking forward to it, and to not forgetting as many names as I usually do :(

-Kev

Guest kev such

I won't tell Pam you called her Pat :lol: .

I want to get her on the decks as "Pamela Motown" :(

Don't think Patela sounds as good - she'll think she's been kneecapped.

Kev(s), I've confused myself as to who I am -1,2,3,4 or more?

Maybe I'll find out on the night. Looking forward to it, and to not forgetting as many names as I usually do :(

-Kev

Perhaps he was hoping it was going to be Pam and Pat, :lol:

I'm not sure which Kev i am either now. We should have a straw drawing contest on the 11th, to establish the pecking order.

You accomodation is booked Kev. See you a week Saturday.

Kev(?)

Guest kev such

is that an offer kev? :lol:

Nah wouldn't be fair, However if we dont get anyone in we can say that no-one came because you and Chris were doing a 5 hour spot. :(

Nah wouldn't be fair, However if we dont get anyone in we can say that no-one came because you and Chris were doing a 5 hour spot. :rolleyes:

there will be a queue outside the door at 7.30 i assure you

chris put a bit in your local paper telling everyone free food and drink for the homeless

Source Advert