• Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Wot - in your sales box you mean? tongue.gif ..lol no way kev

This nite sounds right up my street! ..it will be a top night

Not going out this weekend so looking forward to it more than ever now. :lol::lol:.....be great to meet up..what time you getting to the bnb?

-Kev (in Kent)

Sorry Del....not got Rasputin bit rare for my liking but have got Daddy Cool which i think is a better track :yes: ....can you imagine us all dressed in mid 70s period soul stuff now :lol: ....might get me hair done in a feather cut for the night to go with me salattio shoes , simon shirt and flares.....hang on that aint much different to what i wear now ohmy.gif

Hi Jem.Look forward to meeting you at the Cracker.

:lol: How will I recognise you?

Whaa :lol: ...call yerselfs soul boys...oh well i s'pose that will have to do...wot about the really ultra rare soul track Footsie.....have yer heard of it..or do you not go that far North rolleyes.gif ...Delx

Heres a revalation actually i do own the original picture sleeve Wigans chosen few version i bought back in the 70s when it was in the charts :yes: ...plus i have a copy of the original version by the chosen few on roulette....see told you i was an anorak.......cue major pisstake of Jemco :lol:

:lol: How will I recognise you?

Apart from the groovy gear i will be the one with both versions of Footsee clutched to my chest :lol: ....look forward to seeing you mate thumbsup.gif

Edited by Jemco

not sure yet, got my dates mixed up, me and woody might be able to come afterall thumbsup.gif

Hey that would be cool :lol: Woody and Mrs. Soul....sure you would both love it , be great to see you :lol:

Heres a revalation actually i do own the original picture sleeve Wigans chosen few version i bought back in the 70s when it was in the charts :yes: ...plus i have a copy of the original version by the chosen few on roulette....see told you i was an anorak.......cue major pisstake of Jemco boxing.gif

more like flasher mac :lol: ..i think we all have tunes that we are asahmed of :lol: ..i usually keep quiet about mine

moldie

Guest kev such

OOOOH....I shall have to dust my Afro wig out of the attic.....and squeeze into my gold lame' catsuit...Rob is buying up all stocks of Vaseline...so he can slide me into it biggrin.gif ...tell me Sir...the Boney-M track...is it Rasputin????...God...I can feel a Hustle coming on....Disco Delxxxxx

If i'm a good boy Del, and i'm in the Northampton area can i come and help Rob get you into your outfit? I'll bring me flask and sandwiches, as i'm sure i'll be there till way past lunch, :lol: . I was hoping the Boney-M track is going to be "The rivers of Babylon" so we could all have a smooch. ohmy.gif

See you a week Saturday Del.X

Kev

Guest kev such

From the photos...you can see that everyone is having a great time...and that to me speaks volumes...that to me is where the action is...no doubt...there will be people who disagree rolleyes.gif ...but fcuk em i say....lets just bloody enjoy ourselves yeah.... er has that got me a double kev wink.gif ..Delxxx

Thanks Del. Your right, lets just enjoy ourselves. A DOUBLE!!! I should say that gets you a pint and the cheque is on its way :lol: .

X

Guest kev such

thats what its all about..having fun with top people

im sortin my play boxes out 2 morra night..so a late one for me but it will be worth it

Only trouble with sorting you box out a week early is that you're bound to change it prior to driving up here. Only just over a week to go mate and then its CRACKER TIME!!!

Once we are set up at the venue mate, we'll have a beer in the afternoon before i go back home prior to the do, i live about 7 miles away from the venue.

Kev

Guest kev such

not sure yet, got my dates mixed up, me and woody might be able to come afterall thumbsup.gif

Would be great if you can make it to the Cracker so we can meet prior to the Pemberton in October. I met Woody at Silks the first time, i think we sort of met mrs soul but not for long.

Hopefully see you and Woody on the 11th.

Kev.

Guest kev such

doesnt anyone there like 7ts stuff?

all great dancers of course thumbup.gif

To be honest Moldie, we do play 70's at The Cracker but not later stuff mainly early crossover with a few quality dancers from mid to later 70's thrown in. The Cracker nights hopefully are dance orientated mate. If we can dance to it then we play it within reason. If you know what i mean. I try to bill the evening as quality 60's,70's Northern and RnB, but at the end of the day its up to the DJ's really, but without boring the punters to death with an evening full of unheard stuff, its best to leave the rare and obscure stuff to other events, IMHO.

Kev.

Guest kev such

Are the rumours true that you will be changing your name to mossover or misco sorry i mean modernie!! XXLOLXX

Helen

XXXX

QUALITY! Laughed me socks off.

Guest kev such

huh.gif How will I recognise you?

Have got my old diary out of the loft in preparation for telling war stories Kev. You cant miss Jem, he'll be the one surrounded by extremely glamorous women and eating dark chocolates. That will not be because of his looks but i have to supply them for him whenever he DJ's at the Cracker, its in his contract. laugh.gif

Kev

Guest kev such

better put my northern away then and bring my 70`s and 80`s disco mix cd`s instead cheese1.gif

Morning Chris, CD's!!!! If you are bringing CD's will you be the one walking around the hall with a personal cd player on? Haha!! I am looking forward to your set anyway, but more so now, as i'm intrigued as to how they play on a turntable.

Kev

Here Here, laugh.giflaugh.gif

come on guy's stop all this worrying about Modern Soul, as there are plenty of Northants soul fans out there that have crossed -over to the "dark side" !! :wub:

just remember the days of the Mecca V Wigan debacle, there were records played at the Mecca that would appear in many people top 20 today.

as the guy said earlier on here.......the emphasis is on dance & god know's there are plenty of good Modern soul tunes out there!! Surely all records were modern once?? :lol:

cheers,

john mc.

Guest kev such

come on guy's stop all this worrying about Modern Soul, as there are plenty of Northants soul fans out there that have crossed -over to the "dark side" !! :thumbsup:

just remember the days of the Mecca V Wigan debacle, there were records played at the Mecca that would appear in many people top 20 today.

as the guy said earlier on here.......the emphasis is on dance & god know's there are plenty of good Modern soul tunes out there!! Surely all records were modern once?? :thumbsup:

cheers,

john mc.

Afternoon John.

Sorry mate, you are right totally. There are some cracking modern tunes. The DJ's at the Cracker can play whatever they want, as long as we can dance to it really. Its not for me to tell people what to play, its entirely up to the respective DJ's. So yes we will play some more modern stuff so that we please everyone, hopefully.

How will we know who the soul-fans are that have crossed to the dark side?

Kev.

Guest kid mohair

Good luck with this one Kev....

Not able to get there this time as got a Wedding to go to so will have to give it a miss - really sorry about that as it is a good night and normally wouldnt miss it. :D

Really gutted will be missing Andy Pollard's spot as in my opinion he does a really good one!

13th October bash is looking good, got the bike sorted for your transport so you are sorted too! :yes:

Dont worry about saving me a car sticker - already got one - and dont worry about the CD either - got the records too!

PS if you need to borrow any - let me know - offer always stands mate! :yes:

Cheryl

Hi cheryl, just found out who you are now... :yes: anyway hope you and steve can get there ? fingers crossed ..........Andy. :lol:

If i'm a good boy Del, and i'm in the Northampton area can i come and help Rob get you into your outfit? I'll bring me flask and sandwiches, as i'm sure i'll be there till way past lunch, :D . I was hoping the Boney-M track is going to be "The rivers of Babylon" so we could all have a smooch. :yes:

See you a week Saturday Del.X

Kev

:yes::D ...now kev...you are being rather beastly...you know i am of rather generous proportions and with a very generous nature to match..so i say that you would be there till way past afternoon tea at least :yes::lol: .....nooo...Rivers Of Babylon...a tad overplayed in my opinion...rarity and quality is my mantra...babes.....cya saturday???!!!...cya sunday at rushden...mate.....luv to karen....Delxxxx

Thanks Del. Your right, lets just enjoy ourselves. A DOUBLE!!! I should say that gets you a pint and the cheque is on its way wink.gif .

X

OOOH thanks Kev.....cant wait to say to the barman,....a pint of your finest Champagne Cognac..... :D:yes::lol::yes::yes: ...all together now ...

For He's a Jolly Good Fellow....

For He's A Jolly Good Fellow...

For He's A Jolly Good Fellow...

And So Say All Of Us...Weh hey.......8 more sleeps to go till CC...... :wave::D:yes: ...Delxx

Apart from the groovy gear i will be the one with both versions of Footsee clutched to my chest :D ....look forward to seeing you mate :yes:

Likewise mate. And don't worry about jibes re Footsie - I have to admit I have it too :yes:

Hey, I even heard it played out recently :yes: .........now where was it again? :lol:

Likewise mate. And don't worry about jibes re Footsie - I have to admit I have it too :yes:

Hey, I even heard it played out recently :yes: .........now where was it again? :lol:

i cant think kev?..i cant even remember the dj but i know he comes on here and tells everyone hes a mega star dj

Have got my old diary out of the loft in preparation for telling war stories Kev. You cant miss Jem, he'll be the one surrounded by extremely glamorous women and eating dark chocolates. That will not be because of his looks but i have to supply them for him whenever he DJ's at the Cracker, its in his contract. :yes:

Kev

Hi Kev. Be good to exchange stories with you - were you in the Boer war then?

Coming up in Pam's car. No CD player but I've got a handful of old tapes put together years ago by Glen Bellamy so we're all sorted for the journey :yes:

If I get to play for you canI have a contract too please :lol:

= Kev (in Kent)

Guest Bearsy

i cant think kev?..i cant even remember the dj but i know he comes on here and tells everyone hes a mega star dj

that be Mischief i reckon :lol::yes: at Lightwater :yes:

To be honest Moldie, we do play 70's at The Cracker but not later stuff mainly early crossover with a few quality dancers from mid to later 70's thrown in. The Cracker nights hopefully are dance orientated mate. If we can dance to it then we play it within reason. If you know what i mean. I try to bill the evening as quality 60's,70's Northern and RnB, but at the end of the day its up to the DJ's really, but without boring the punters to death with an evening full of unheard stuff, its best to leave the rare and obscure stuff to other events, IMHO.

Kev.

hi kev

although i cant dance to save my life i like nothing more than to see a full dancefloor so it will be no chin scratchers from me..there are some massive 70,s dancers in my box..im so excited its nearly here

come on

Guest Bearsy

hi kev

although i cant dance to save my life and come to think of it i cant DJ very good either :lol: i like nothing more than to see a full dancefloor and hopefully it will happen for me here so it will be no pork scratchings from me..there are some terrible 70,s dancers in my box..im so not looking forward to this and its nearly here

:yes:

that be Mischief i reckon :yes::yes: at Lightwater :yes:

arrrr now i remember...it was his best tune of the evening..he billed at his best ever discovery

did anyone dance to it? :lol:

Guest Bearsy

not big and certainly not clever

mind you i just won a charles sheffield on ebay..i might go and pick it up personally though

Yes i noticed and about the right price too :lol: ,

Guest Bearsy

arrrr now i remember...it was his best tune of the evening..he billed at his best ever discovery

did anyone dance to it? :lol:

didnt i see Chris Thorley dancing his socks off :yes:

= Kev (in Kent)

kev..if you ever get to play at cream cracker you will have a contract...PUT OUT ON YOU...once they hear your set :yes: ..kev said he advertises the night as quality soul not bloody quality street :yes:

Guest Bearsy

only one other bidder too...mind you i bet he was the record owner knowing my luck :lol:

no it was me :yes:

anyway give it a blast at cream craker mate they will love you.

no it was me :yes: ...its the type of thing you would do thats for sure :lol:

anyway give it a blast at cream craker mate they will love you.

if i dont go and pick it up ill still be waiting for it when my b/day bash comes in november

Guest GrooveJunkies

come on guy's stop all this worrying about Modern Soul, as there are plenty of Northants soul fans out there that have crossed -over to the "dark side" !! :D

as the guy said earlier on here.......the emphasis is on dance & god know's there are plenty of good Modern soul tunes out there!! Surely all records were modern once?? :yes:

cheers,

john mc.

:yes: I think that all we need to say about that :yes: it was all new at some time :lol:

Guest kev such

kev..if you ever get to play at cream cracker you will have a contract...PUT OUT ON YOU...once they hear your set :lol: ..kev said he advertises the night as quality soul not bloody quality street :yes:

Is that because he's as smooth as chocolate? :yes:

Guest kev such

Hi Kev. Be good to exchange stories with you - were you in the Boer war then?

Coming up in Pam's car. No CD player but I've got a handful of old tapes put together years ago by Glen Bellamy so we're all sorted for the journey :yes:

= Kev (in Kent)

Not the Boer war mate, i'll show you the photos from when i was RE advisor to Napoleon when he wanted to build a tunnel under the Channel. I remember i said, "now listen here Bonny, it'll never catch on, lets go to Russia instead".

Guest Cher1962

Hi cheryl, just found out who you are now... :lol: anyway hope you and steve can get there ? fingers crossed ..........Andy. :thumbup:

Hiya Andy,

Yes we are going now.... will escape the wedding as soon as it is polite to do so but will definitely be there for your spot but before if possible.

See you and Gina there mate,

Cheryl :ohmy:

Guest kev such

Hiya Andy,

Yes we are going now.... will escape the wedding as soon as it is polite to do so but will definitely be there for your spot but before if possible.

See you and Gina there mate,

Cheryl :thumbup:

Great news Cheryl, glad the crazy gang are going to be there.

Kev

Afternoon John.

Sorry mate, you are right totally. There are some cracking modern tunes. The DJ's at the Cracker can play whatever they want, as long as we can dance to it really. Its not for me to tell people what to play, its entirely up to the respective DJ's. So yes we will play some more modern stuff so that we please everyone, hopefully.

How will we know who the soul-fans are that have crossed to the dark side?

Kev.

thought that was obvious mate..............Dark mask, heavy breathing,light-sabre !!!

cheers,

john mc.

Guest kev such

thought that was obvious mate..............Dark mask, heavy breathing,light-sabre !!!

cheers,

john mc.

Oh right! Sorry John i thought that was just your normal going out attire. :P

Guest Dr Pickles

Aint it amazing how time flies?

The 11th Of August is the 2nd Anniversary of the Cream Cracker Soul Club, at Rothwell Town Football Club, Cecil, Street, Rothwell. Nr Kettering. NN14 6EZ

Playing Classic Northern, RnB and early Crossover

large carpark, Late bar (12.30),Large wooden Dancefloor.

£4.00 OTD.

Djs and timings are

Mark D 7.30-8.30 (Soul Shack, Wellingborough)

John McClure 8.30-9.00 (guest punter spot)

Jem Britten 9.00-10.00 (Going to a Go Go) Who has very kindly stepped in as My trusty sidekick Mellers is

sunning himself on a beach somewhere.

Andy Pollard 10.00-11.00 (Guest DJ)

Kev Such 11.00-12.00

Moldie/Chris Thorley 12.00-01.00 (Guest DJ's.Lightwater,Farnborough) Strictly no underwear throwing from all you Moldie/Chris groupies, you know who you are Mr Kent.

Doors open at 7.30 and we close at 01.00(ish)

Free 28 track CD and super dooper car sticker to 1st 100. (i know its blatant marketing, but i've got to spend me money on something :lol: )

Think we'll be coming up from Herts for this one.

Had a very warm welcome the last time we were there.

Great dance floor, easy parking and an "up for it" atmosphere.

ATB

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles
Guest kev such

Think we'll be coming up from Herts for this one.

Had a very warm welcome the last time we were there.

Great dance floor, easy parking and an "up for it" atmosphere.

ATB

Doc

Nicely put Chris. Thanks mate. Be good to see you at the Cracker again.

See you Saturday

Kev.

Source Advert