Any Info On This?

gazman

I pulled this out of a box and wondered if anyone could tell me anything about it.

Bo James and the Human Freedom - Searching/Falling in love again - Miracle records.

The lable gives a lot of info such as the date and the fact it is from gary Indiana. It's described as R&B Rock whereas i would describe it as more soulful blues.

I can't seem to find anymore about it and it's a tune I've wondered about for years.

Thanks in advance

Gary

post-6788-1187437462_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I sold one of these for £40, got it returned (condition not great) and then "lost" it, that was 2 years ago. At least the label scan gives me a reminder of what it looks like.

Pretty rare I would say.

Social source share

Guest Rob_Sevier

James, Walter King, and Richard Brown made up the Human Freedom and also cut gospel 45s for the Gary label C.L.B. under a different (I have to go through my gospel boxes and see which one.)

Social source share

Chaps

Thanks for the info. It's an interesting record, no idea where i got it from, it has always been a mystery to me. I'll put up the flip side sound file. I think if the flip had just a wee bit more ooomph musically it could be realy good.

gary

Social source share

I pulled this out of a box and wondered if anyone could tell me anything about it.

Bo James and the Human Freedom - Searching/Falling in love again - Miracle records.

The lable gives a lot of info such as the date and the fact it is from gary Indiana. It's described as R&B Rock whereas i would describe it as more soulful blues.

I can't seem to find anymore about it and it's a tune I've wondered about for years.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Hi Gary....I picked up a copy of this bout 4yr ago and think I placed a post for info on it on this site or raresoul forum only response I got was from the fella that runs Indiana 45s site he requested scans and MP3 at the time I did'nt have the equipment to do that.

The copy I have looks in nice cond but plays with surface noise both sides like on the clips you posted wonder if other copies are like that maybe the case if J.M. had 1 returned by a customer...have'nt come across anyone else I know that has it yet or knew of it so guess its pretty obscure.

Social source share

Hi Gary....I picked up a copy of this bout 4yr ago and think I placed a post for info on it on this site or raresoul forum only response I got was from the fella that runs Indiana 45s site he requested scans and MP3 at the time I did'nt have the equipment to do that.

The copy I have looks in nice cond but plays with surface noise both sides like on the clips you posted wonder if other copies are like that maybe the case if J.M. had 1 returned by a customer...have'nt come across anyone else I know that has it yet or knew of it so guess its pretty obscure.

I had a look at the Indiana 45 Site, it's quite impressive. Yes it does have some noise, which is worse on the USB deck as this seems to amplify any noise. I'm starting to think it must be pretty obscure. Out of curiosity how much did it cost you, if I may so bold as to ask?

Gary

Social source share

Guest Rob_Sevier

My copy plays fine, so it's probably more of a pressing issue that affects the copies to varying degrees. I know a lot of the Bud Pressner-related stuff have miserable pressings.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

This song is great! If any of you who have copies feel tepid about it and would like to sell or trade your copy, I would love to oblige! PM or email to scottdharlow@yahoo.com.

BTW, this record was recorded at Bud Pressner's studio, but not pressed there. Maybe BP pressings sound so bad because the Gary air pollution works its way into the pressing process! ; )

Thanks,

Scott

Social source share

Ahhh the memories:)

First couple of 12" singles I ever bought were

Double Exposure-Ten Percent(The orig issue which I still have)

Lolletta Holloway- Runaway and Hit and Run

a couple of classics:)

Social source share

I sold one of these for £40, got it returned (condition not great) and then "lost" it, that was 2 years ago. At least the label scan gives me a reminder of what it looks like.

Pretty rare I would say.

I had one come in a collection a couple of years ago, nobody knew it, put it on ebay, think it sold for £10 or something - never seen one since...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert