You've Waited Years For This

Just In Stock today.

Three PROMO's exclusive to raresoulman.co.uk for list 1000

£10 each.

very,very limited and exclusive to John Manship Records

DJs & collectors must-owns.

All mastered and made by John Madara, sound quality is unbelievable!

Guaranteed these 3 promotional 45s will never get commercial release

1. Len Barry - I'll always need you b/w When You Call Me Baby -

2. Len Barry - Love, Love, Love b/w I'm In Love

https://raresoulman.co.uk/searchartist.php?...+LEN&Format=

3. Daryl Hall - Girl Don't Make Me Wait c/w Johnny Caswell - You Don't Love Me Anymore

https://raresoulman.co.uk/searchartist.php?...WELL&Format=

These are specials for our list #1000 only

Plus a VERY surprise 45 going on offer with the List 1000

Edited by john manship
Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cheers John, got my copies today, superb quality. instant collectors items. :rolleyes:

Mark,

I'm pleased you like them, the thing I love about them is the mastering:

John Madara not only designed the labels, he remastered all the titles, and the sound quality is absolutely sensational. Even if you own the unique unissued vinyl LP, the sound cannot match the quality of these promo's.

Like you say, they are "instant collectors items" + we have a surprise special ltd promo for the 1000 list, on the same label, which will follow the other 3 releases to make the set.

Mr. Madara did a mighty fine job.

John

Social source share

Received the 2 Len Barry singles today both brilliant!!! Thanks John

Am I right in thinking though did Len Barry record When You Call Me Baby at the same session as Joey Heatherton for Decca, anybody know?

Thanks Steve

Joey was actually John Madara's girlfriend at the time. She must have recorded this in and around the same session in 1966.

Len Barry's "It's That Time Of Year" was issued on Decca only 7 release #'s after Joey's Decca release. I would imagine it was in the same session. Len got up to sing it, then Joey sang it or the other way round.. I think I'm right in saying the backing girls were The Sweet Three earlier known as The Swans. This group included Leon Huff's girlfriend.. so it was a pretty tight bunch of very talented people.. and it shows in the recordings.

Nobody's yet mentioned Len Barry - I'm In Love - which is the sleeper of the pack, and wow what a tune that is, a magical tune in its own right.

Social source share

Got a set of these from JM (Thanks John) superb quality, look and feel very good indeed, I have to agree with JM on the Len Barry - 'I'm In Love' proper Northern, the sound quality is simply awesome on these 45's, I also was lucky enough to recieve the extra special release in the batch which I'm not allowed to mention....lol for crying out loud John don't do this to me....lol welcome additions here at 'Bicknell Towers', I would suspect there is more to follow in this series? perhaps a picture bag of 'The Sweet Three' would be a nice follow up to these....top class, miss these at your peril, no hype required as they will sell themselves.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

....and Daryel Hall according to my copy. Music was their thing at F/ W not spelling I guess. :-)

Steve,

Was that the copy I sold to John Vincent, then found it's way to Pat Brady's auction? Or are there two acetates of it? I only had the one.. never noticed the spelling mistake,

so they had already started to use the name HALL instead of HOHL for this cut.

Social source share

Got a set of these from JM (Thanks John) superb quality, look and feel very good indeed, I have to agree with JM on the Len Barry - 'I'm In Love' proper Northern, the sound quality is simply awesome on these 45's, I also was lucky enough to recieve the extra special release in the batch which I'm not allowed to mention....lol for crying out loud John don't do this to me....lol welcome additions here at 'Bicknell Towers', I would suspect there is more to follow in this series? perhaps a picture bag of 'The Sweet Three' would be a nice follow up to these....top class, miss these at your peril, no hype required as they will sell themselves.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mark,

SWEET THREE is a great nomination, I wonder if they had any unissued session work. I will ask...

Did you like disc #4 special edition for List 1000? I personally think the presentation and music is totally awesome.. it will be available from next Monday when list 1000 should arrive.

Social source share

Mark,

SWEET THREE is a great nomination, I wonder if they had any unissued session work. I will ask...

Did you like disc #4 special edition for List 1000? I personally think the presentation and music is totally awesome.. it will be available from next Monday when list 1000 should arrive.

Disc #4 the special edition John is the jewel in the crown here, certainly will help the good times roll....lol, 'The Sweet Three' just came to me when you mentioned their possible involvement on these productions, two good sides on their Decca release.

There must be some unissued stuff here or I wold like to think so?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I actually quite like the Daryl Hall (sic) version of "Girl don't make me wait" which I have on acetate. It's different but good in it's own way.

...Doesn't do a lot for me, Steve, I must admit, and I consider myself a big Daryl Hall fan (however his name is spelt on a label!) :thumbsup:

I'd've much preferred to see a further Len Barry coupling, with his wonderful, originally unissued version of "Girl You're Too Young" as the top side and something else equally sweet on the flip.

The two LB couplings that John is offering are, of course, completely essential in every way. (If you're reading this, Mr. Manship, I hope you sent Tony Ellis a complementary set :lol::yes::lol: ...)

Social source share

Steve,

Was that the copy I sold to John Vincent, then found it's way to Pat Brady's auction? Or are there two acetates of it? I only had the one.. never noticed the spelling mistake,

so they had already started to use the name HALL instead of HOHL for this cut.

It came from Pat Brady but NOT from his auction - picked it up at a Prestatyn a couple of years back.

Social source share

It came from Pat Brady but NOT from his auction - picked it up at a Prestatyn a couple of years back.

Think it must be the same copy, I think John let Pat have it, I saw it on auction but it probably didn't sell. That copy came directly from John Madara, it was sold to me as a one-off ...unless someone knows otherwise.

Social source share

Just In Stock today.

Three PROMO's exclusive to raresoulman.co.uk for list 1000

£10 each.

very,very limited and exclusive to John Manship Records

DJs & collectors must-owns.

All mastered and made by John Madara, sound quality is unbelievable!

Guaranteed these 3 promotional 45s will never get commercial release

1. Len Barry - I'll always need you b/w When You Call Me Baby -

2. Len Barry - Love, Love, Love b/w I'm In Love

https://raresoulman.co.uk/searchartist.php?...+LEN&Format=

3. Daryl Hall - Girl Don't Make Me Wait c/w Johnny Caswell - You Don't Love Me Anymore

https://raresoulman.co.uk/searchartist.php?...WELL&Format=

These are specials for our list #1000 only

Plus a VERY surprise 45 going on offer with the List 1000

All good stuff John, but just interested in why they are PROMO'S?

If they are PROMO'S what are they promoting, particularly if there's a guarantee of no future 'commercial release'. Aren't they therefore limited edition 'Issues'? Or is a CD (or other) planned for the future?

Just curious.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Sean my mate the CD is already out, full of unreleased LB stuff exception being the LB version of JH, for some reason it's been left off the CD. "Keem-O-Sabe" vocal is a hoot, don't know what they were thinking off when the cut this, but it's a laugh.

Funky Feet have the CD in stock, along with the Bunny Sigler and also there's a best of philly northern soul CD to go with the series.

Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

...Doesn't do a lot for me, Steve, I must admit, and I consider myself a big Daryl Hall fan (however his name is spelt on a label!) :thumbsup:

Tone it's not a patch on Sigler of course but I kind of like all these "before they were famous" type thingys and also quite like Hall. You will be pleased to know that I have never played it out anywhere though.....Steve

Social source share

Sean my mate the CD is already out, full of unreleased LB stuff exception being the LB version of JH, for some reason it's been left off the CD. "Keem-O-Sabe" vocal is a hoot, don't know what they were thinking off when the cut this, but it's a laugh.

Funky Feet have the CD in stock, along with the Bunny Sigler and also there's a best of philly northern soul CD to go with the series.

Thanks for that!

Can't wait to hear the "Keem-O-Sabe" vocal :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert