Royal Mail V Soul Boys Girls

Reading up on the postal strike, stories of good posties bad posties and alot of people thinking the postal service is unreliable. Made me think what horror stories i've had over the years which thankfully are very few compared to some of the peoples storys i've read on here. And most of the horrors over the years have been down to soul Boys on my front and not the humble postie. Only two fcuk ups by posties one being a couple of weeks ago buying a record from robbie grant the postie put the card through the wrong door and the brass necked fecker went and collected it. Good reliable dealer and thats difference, soulboys take note? three days went passed and i knew something was up, loads of good reliable dealers out there two days your records through the door john manship pat brady etc etc punctuality is the key. Gets in touch with Robbie who gets back with the recorded delivery number when it was sent. Chased it up and chapped the guys door got the record back was able to have a bit banter and a laugh about it with Mr Grant. Recorded delivery is essential stops the did he send it? bet he got that record scenario? I sell bibs and bobs myself every item i send its recorded, proves its been sent if they pay for recorded and im nightshift and dont get it out on time i refund the post back, after all its first class recorded not 4 days later recorded or in one case buying a record on soul source 3 weeks later recorded and i might add not M- shiny but more like vg- more scuffs than my twin boys school shoes, and the noise of there two bowls of rice crispies in stereo as the milk hits the bowl in the mornings. Record was in that bad a state i actually had a giggle to myself in disbelief, wasnt expensive but a nice tune all the same, a nice tunes a nice tune cheap or expensive still hurts when it comes through the door hissing at you like a snake with a packet of space dust on its tongue. Came to the conclusion the guy was half baked feckin must have been tell ya to sell it. Well on a rant now by the way!!!! Another time on ebay big gun buys it, sends email hi bla bla paid ya. Blanked, panic on mind going another email hi did you get payment, blanked, mobile ready along with murder van, bag of lime chainsaw and sound burger for the mint minus gear out his collection. Record turns up week later. Surely if your selling an expensive record give the buyer piece of mind, yeah thanks for payment...posted your record today first class registered should get it in morning... if its not there get in touch. Simple communication!!! Ebay again think i'll post that record in brown wrapping paper will be ok, Record turns up i near shat myself thought it was petes copy of the carstairs!!! Soul source lp tasty and expensive registered post at my request 5 weeks later and tons of emails, every excuse under the sun relationships etc bla bla record turns up wrapped in plumbers tape!! thought the postie was gonna plumb my sink in. Excuses!! should be none if your selling a tune honour the contract after all someones paying you, be punctual make the person happy and of course grade your records proper, use recorded delivery for cheap items expensive records registered post more chance of winning the lotterry than a registered packet going missing. Bet john manship or someone thats sold thousands of records can confirm that!! Support the posties in there struggle save the great brittish institution that is royal mail, moral of the story is, are you as reliable as the post office? whats your horror storys postie v soulboy. LOL Rant over!!!

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Reading up on the postal strike, stories of good posties bad posties and alot of people thinking the postal service is unreliable. Made me think what horror stories i've had over the years which thankfully are very few compared to some of the peoples storys i've read on here. And most of the horrors over the years have been down to soul Boys on my front and not the humble postie. Only two fcuk ups by posties one being a couple of weeks ago buying a record from robbie grant the postie put the card through the wrong door and the brass necked fecker went and collected it. Good reliable dealer and thats difference, soulboys take note? three days went passed and i knew something was up, loads of good reliable dealers out there two days your records through the door john manship pat brady etc etc punctuality is the key. Gets in touch with Robbie who gets back with the recorded delivery number when it was sent. Chased it up and chapped the guys door got the record back was able to have a bit banter and a laugh about it with Mr Grant. Recorded delivery is essential stops the did he send it? bet he got that record scenario? I sell bibs and bobs myself every item i send its recorded, proves its been sent if they pay for recorded and im nightshift and dont get it out on time i refund the post back, after all its first class recorded not 4 days later recorded or in one case buying a record on soul source 3 weeks later recorded and i might add not M- shiny but more like vg- more scuffs than my twin boys school shoes, and the noise of there two bowls of rice crispies in stereo as the milk hits the bowl in the mornings. Record was in that bad a state i actually had a giggle to myself in disbelief, wasnt expensive but a nice tune all the same, a nice tunes a nice tune cheap or expensive still hurts when it comes through the door hissing at you like a snake with a packet of space dust on its tongue. Came to the conclusion the guy was half baked feckin must have been tell ya to sell it. Well on a rant now by the way!!!! Another time on ebay big gun buys it, sends email hi bla bla paid ya. Blanked, panic on mind going another email hi did you get payment, blanked, mobile ready along with murder van, bag of lime chainsaw and sound burger for the mint minus gear out his collection. Record turns up week later. Surely if your selling an expensive record give the buyer piece of mind, yeah thanks for payment...posted your record today first class registered should get it in morning... if its not there get in touch. Simple communication!!! Ebay again think i'll post that record in brown wrapping paper will be ok, Record turns up i near shat myself thought it was petes copy of the carstairs!!! Soul source lp tasty and expensive registered post at my request 5 weeks later and tons of emails, every excuse under the sun relationships etc bla bla record turns up wrapped in plumbers tape!! thought the postie was gonna plumb my sink in. Excuses!! should be none if your selling a tune honour the contract after all someones paying you, be punctual make the person happy and of course grade your records proper, use recorded delivery for cheap items expensive records registered post more chance of winning the lotterry than a registered packet going missing. Bet john manship or someone thats sold thousands of records can confirm that!! Support the posties in there struggle save the great brittish institution that is royal mail, moral of the story is, are you as reliable as the post office? whats your horror storys postie v soulboy. LOL Rant over!!!

Havent got a clue what this rant is about,anybody any ideas :lol:

Social source share

Havent got a clue what this rant is about,anybody any ideas :lol:

Not a clue .....

But the time of posting may give a pointer ; probably the chap had been up all night composing it ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert