Vinyl Acetate?

Ged Parker

• Replies 8
  • Views 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is definately a 'one-off'. How do I know, because I had it cut at JT's well over 20 years ago. The 'FLIGHT' is in my handwriting! I can't remember who I gave it to when I got an original.

So Simon it is a custom cut rather than a company acetate then? Did you also colour photocopy the label to stick on it or is that a later addition?

I didn't think vinyl acetates were around 20 years ago?

Social source share

So Simon it is a custom cut rather than a company acetate then? Did you also colour photocopy the label to stick on it or is that a later addition?

I didn't think vinyl acetates were around 20 years ago?

The Flight belonged to Steve Hanbury. Other records that Nigel Parker, Chris Modley and myself were recorded to cassette tape and then 're-mastered’ on to reel-to-reel by the local 'magazine for the blind' people. The acetates were cut at JTS in London. I didn't have any ordinary photocopies of Steve's records, so no Flight, but did have of the others. Only the very light labels were any good to make labels for them - coloured in with felt tip and covered in transparent stick-back plastic and then glued on. Anything with out a label was written on with a silver rollerball pen

The Flight look suspiciously like one of my efforts, don’t you think?

Social source share

The Flight belonged to Steve Hanbury. Other records that Nigel Parker, Chris Modley and myself were recorded to cassette tape and then 're-mastered' on to reel-to-reel by the local 'magazine for the blind' people. The acetates were cut at JTS in London. I didn't have any ordinary photocopies of Steve's records, so no Flight, but did have of the others. Only the very light labels were any good to make labels for them - coloured in with felt tip and covered in transparent stick-back plastic and then glued on. Anything with out a label was written on with a silver rollerball pen

The Flight look suspiciously like one of my efforts, don't you think?

Indeed it does look like one of yours. Isn't it strange how these items can resurface years later. I wonder where the photocopy lables from then, it's not an easy record to track down as you know.

Surely if they wanted to make it look 'authentic' they'd have used an 'audiodisc' lable or something similar.

Anyway as long as bidders know what they are getting I don't have an issue but the wording is if I'm generous a bit vague so though I'd highlight it here rather than my old tactic of emailing any bidders.

Nearly ended up in a fist fight at a venue last time I did that laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert