80's Soul Swap-shop

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

i've noticed from recent posts that there seems to be increasing interest in 80's soul - my favourite era

the thing is that there's loads of great stuff from this time that isn't really worth anything - and so theres not much point in going to any trouble to sell it

consequently, i wondered whether anyone else is interested in swapping some low-value 80's records?

what i propose is that we post up lists of records that we have spare copies of and then when we have a few lists up, we PM each other expressing what we're interested in obtaining and then that person can look at our lists to see if there's anything on there they want to trade for (as we dispose of things, they can be deleted from the lists by editing our posts)

all copies at least M- and 7" 80's soul/funk/disco only to start off with?

for me, the idea is that this isn't first come first served "for sale" lists, but that we trade only with other people who have got lists posted up and that both parties get something they're genuinely interested in

what do you think?

to try and get things started, i've put up my first list separately as the next post

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest woolie mark

here's my first list of swaps (all 7", at least M-):

The Dells - Your Song (UK 20th Century) ON HOLD!!!!

Keni Burke - Let Somebody Love You (UK RCA)

Lew Kirton - Talk To Me (UK Epic promo)

New Jersey Conection - Love Dont Come Easy (UK Nite Life)

Atlantic Starr - Circles/Does it Matter (UK A&M)

Maze - Too Many Games/Twilight (UK Capitol)

Walter Jackson - Touching in the Dark/It's Cool (UK Bluebird)

Jennifer Holliday - Shine a Light/Heartstrings (UK Geffen promo)

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Guest martyn

here's my first list (all 7", at least M-):

The Dells - Your Song (UK 20th Century)

Atlantic Starr - Circles/Does it Matter (UK A7M)

Found the bu%%er!!-Thanks Hippo.

Mark,a couple of interest there but unfortunatly I need to find some more swops first.(As you know)

BTW well pleased with Spaceark,Cheers.

Social source share

here's my first list (all 7", at least M-):

The Dells - Your Song (UK 20th Century)

Atlantic Starr - Circles/Does it Matter (UK A7M)

The Dells is no longer a cheapie mate,I think Manship is asking $180 for one !!

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Cheers

Pete

bloody hell :whistling: cheers for that pete

do you know, has there ever been any interest in the four tops version?

still, that proves my point about doing this cos a lot of these type of records are easily available for a tenner or less and a lot are gonna be expensive in 10 years time :lol:

Social source share

Cheers

Pete

Well theres askin`and theres sellin`????£180 my arse,£30 tops.Ken

Social source share

bloody hell  :whistling:   cheers for that pete

do you know, has there ever been any interest in the four tops version?

still, that proves my point about doing this cos a lot of these type of records are easily available for a tenner or less and a lot are gonna be expensive in 10 years time  :thumbsup:

I just sold one for twenty quid

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

here's my first list of swaps (all 7", at least M-):

The Dells - Your Song (UK 20th Century)  ON HOLD!!!!

Atlantic Starr - Circles/Does it Matter (UK A&M)

Do'nt know a great deal there Mark but love the Walter Jackson track , where alot of his Chi Sound recordings 80s releases ?

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I just sold one for twenty quid

wot, the dells or the four tops?

might as well have my say on this: we all know this is a £10 record but if the demand is sufficient then people will pay more to secure a copy, and so it's marketplace value is higher....it's that simple, theres no rarity value - it was pressed up in massive quantities both here and in the US - of course, getting a copy of late 70s early 80s stuff in good condition is another matter!

btw, this is no less rare than bobby womack's so many sides..., how much did that go for in the end on manships?

getting back to the topic: hasn't anyone else got any 80s swaps?

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I got

Fat Larrys band - dont let it go to your head

Lindy Layton - without you (produced by drizabone)

I want

Sensations - demanding man

Social source share

Guest marco i

(as we dispose of things, they can be deleted from the lists by editing our posts)

Please do not delete from the lists but mark it has "no more available", I'm building interest in 80s soul and to me, even if I don't have much to swap, reading the lists is very interesting.

My compliments for the good idea of the swap lists :good:

Thanks, Marco

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I got

Fat Larrys band - dont let it go to your head

Lindy Layton - without you (produced by drizabone)

I want

Sensations - demanding man

is the fat larry the same song as jean carne?

isn't lindy layton a lovers rock singer? i've got this fantastic soul tune by jean adebambo - but you wouldn't be able to afford it :whistling: :thumbsup::thumbsup: got a nice janet kay soul tune as well

u are just too obscure for me janine, i'm just a simple disco boy from cornwall :thumbsup:

Social source share

ah, your playing with the big girls now in disco land ;) have played both records, both are total shite so they must therefore be disco.

Fat Larry - Don't let it go to your head, currently being spun by Soul Sam and getting a great dancefloor reaction, mostly the new craze is a kinda bump dance thing, it's almost as if people are running to get off the dance floor and out of the venue, we find it helpful to wipe the sides of the dance floors with lard to prevent accidental escapes when this is spun.

Im sure I don't know Jean Carne, do you think she might be related to me?

lindy layton looks more like Anne Robinson than a rock singer, the track is called - Without You (one and one) the B-side is a jazz mix of the A-side, so bargain jazz and disco double sider. Be quick though, Mick Smith's rumoured to be very interested in this one, and as he is prepared to swop both Willy Hutch - love runs out & Sensations - Demanding man for it I may just be tempted, think its a done deal so long as he agrees to throw in a copy of Out on the Floor.

Jean Adebambo, crikey another Jean, just how spooky is that? Maybe its her and not me who is related to Jean Carne?

Janet Kay - Silly Games, already got it on a demo, issue and water damaged label in the big find.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

ah, your playing with the big girls now in disco land  :D   have played both records, both are total shite so they must therefore be disco. 

Fat Larry - Don't let it go to your head, currently being spun by Soul Sam and getting a great dancefloor reaction, mostly the new craze is a kinda bump dance thing, it's almost as if people are running to get off the dance floor and out of the venue, we find it helpful to wipe the sides of the dance floors with lard to prevent accidental escapes when this is spun.

Im sure I don't know Jean Carne, do you think she might be related to me?

lindy layton looks more like Anne Robinson than a rock singer, the track is called - Without You (one and one) the B-side is a jazz mix of the A-side, so bargain jazz and disco double sider.  Be quick though, Mick Smith's rumoured to be very interested in this one, and as he is prepared to swop both Willy Hutch - love runs out & Sensations - Demanding man for it I may just be tempted, think its a done deal so long as he agrees to throw in a copy of Out on the Floor.

Jean Adebambo, crikey another Jean, just how spooky is that?  Maybe its her and not me who is related to Jean Carne?

Janet Kay - Silly Games, already got it on a demo, issue and water damaged label in the big find.

noooooooh janine, lovers rock not rock....that kinda means reggae wot you can bump and grind to. u got the right janet kay though, but she did some soul stuff as well.

i can better mick smiths deal with a pic sleeve copy of 3 before 8 EP (sleeve notes from russ about how he invented northern soul)

u put lard on the dance floor? my mate used quite a lot of lard at prestatyn to get that record for nowt, best not go there!!!!

btw, did u notice jean adebambo is an anagram of janine bimbo?

better stop there before dave decides to kick my head in :) nice bloke btw (not meant in a gay way!), did i tell u that?

any unwanted disco, pass em my way :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert