Uk Label , Orlons , Manchester Playboys , Flamma Sherman

Was thinking of selling a few British Label Tunes I have -, havent seen any of these listed for a while anywhere, just wondered what kind of money they would be likely to fetch approx.?

Orlons - Spinning Top - Planet M-

Manchester Playboys - I Feel so good - VG+

Flamma Sherman - Where is he - SNB - VG+

Any sensible advice would be apprieciated thanks

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'd sell them for

but I'm behind the times now with British. Manchesters Playboys is rare - and great

Thanks Pete , Love the Manchester Playboys track as well ..do you think it sounds a bit out of step with todays tastes ...played it out once recentley totally cleared the floor biggrin.gif

Social source share

Thanks Pete , Love the Manchester Playboys track as well ..do you think it sounds a bit out of step with todays tastes ...played it out once recentley totally cleared the floor biggrin.gif

Thats cause its totaly crap!! :wicked:

Social source share

I've never heard it played out Jem, and that includes any time I've had it with me!

Social source share

Didn't the Manchester Playboys do something else on Fontana I think it was ? that had been played out many years ago or am I thinking of the same one as above !!!!!!

isn't this a blue eyed mod/soul sound........

Certainly remember it getting played circa late 70s i think at the Fleet Peterborough cos thats when I first heard it , wether any other stuff got played by them i dont know....hard to say wether its a Mod sound i suppose thats a matter of opinion....but they certainly were "blue eyed" and from Manchester....i suppose it sounds a bit like Gerry and the Pacemakers on "some kind of substance" :wicked: except they are from Liverpool i think unsure.gif

Edited by JEM
Social source share

Didn't the Manchester Playboys do something else on Fontana I think it was ? that had been played out many years ago or am I thinking of the same one as above !!!!!!

isn't this a blue eyed mod/soul sound........

You're probably thinking of O'Hara's Playboys who were also on Fontana. Manchesters Playboys only had one release on Fontana but 2 other tracks came out on a French Ep along with the 2 that came out over here. Loads of Playboys about in the 60's, all had to change their names...there was an Australian Playboys who had a very rare single on Immediate.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert