Ged Parker

• Replies 6
  • Views 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hearts of Fire - Ain't It Good To You - Scream 101

Just picked this up today and it's growing on me.

Thing is the group name 'Hearts of Fire' is written in biro and the printed name EBONYSTIC is scored out. Can anyone shed any light on this 45?

Ebonystic and hearts of fire are the same group. They had a couple of modern 45s on other labels, that is the first one, the others are from around 1980 so they are later. I forget now if the group is from Georgia and the Carolinas because they had records on labels from both places. I think maybe Georgia.

The flip of the record you got, "Married to one in love with another" is great sweet soul, check it out.

Social source share

Boba this would be logical as Scream records was from the South.

I know, I'm saying that I don't know if the group is from Georgia or the Carolinas because they have records on both Georgia and Carolians labels. Their records are all listed on the georgia and carolinas website and my friend even knows the label owner of one of the georgia labels that they were on...

Edited by boba
Social source share

Ebonystic and hearts of fire are the same group. They had a couple of modern 45s on other labels, that is the first one, the others are from around 1980 so they are later. I forget now if the group is from Georgia and the Carolinas because they had records on labels from both places. I think maybe Georgia.

The flip of the record you got, "Married to one in love with another" is great sweet soul, check it out.

Cheers Boba,

I've played the 'Married' side and the vocals are superb the top side is better though for me at least. They must have changed their name after the record had gone to press but before it was released I guess?

Acording to Jason Permutters excellent site (www.carolinasoul.org) they are a South Carolina outfit.

Actually I've just checked his site and he has this listed under the Ebonystic name (Why I didn't check that I don't know lol) so it must have come out with the name unaltered as well.

Anyway I can't stop playing it :lol:

Social source share

Cheers Boba,

I've played the 'Married' side and the vocals are superb the top side is better though for me at least. They must have changed their name after the record had gone to press but before it was released I guess?

Acording to Jason Permutters excellent site (www.carolinasoul.org) they are a South Carolina outfit.

Actually I've just checked his site and he has this listed under the Ebonystic name (Why I didn't check that I don't know lol) so it must have come out with the name unaltered as well.

Anyway I can't stop playing it thumbsup.gif

I have it with the name unchanged on mine, I've seen it a few times, maybe half one way and half the other. Thanks.

Social source share

Guest jmperlmu

The Ebonystic and Hearts of Fire groups were from Aiken, SC and were led by Lester Smalls of that town but had in their ranks a few musicians from nearby Augusta, GA. Also from Aiken came Exit Enterprises, who allegedly made a 45 entitled "Blow It Out." Has anyone ever seen a copy?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert