August 1973

Subing, For WWRL Radio's Black Dialog Host Bob Law, Saundra Sharp Broadcasted One Of The Most Moving Tributes To My Father To Date. I've Posted It Here In It's Entirety For The Jimmy Radcliffe Fans Around The World.

Saundra A Noted Poet, Actress And Director Had Performed With Jimmy Live At The East Club In Greenwich Village And The Two Shared A Close Friendship For Many Years Before He Passed Away Way To Young on July 27, 1973.

Bob Law Is Now The Captain Of Bob Law's Seafood Cafe In Brooklyn.

The Piano Music Heard At The Beginning And End Of This Tribute Was A Peice Of Music Jimmy Was Working On At The Time Of His Death.

Sharp_Eulogy_c_.mp3

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Chris

Obviously Jimmy was more than 'Long after tonight is all over', but on the UK Northern Soul Scene its adopted as 'legend status' and always will be. Most fans know it word for word as I am sure you know when its played at a soul night. Are there any plans to make a cd of his 'greatest work'?

Ed

Edited by tomangoes
Social source share

Hi Chris

Obviously Jimmy was more than 'Long after tonight is all over', but on the UK Northern Soul Scene its adopted as 'legend status' and always will be. Most fans know it word for word as I am sure you know when its played at a soul night. Are there any plans to make a cd of his 'greatest work'?

Ed

Hi Ed,

Yes, There Are Plans For Such A Project, Though They Keep Changing. At Present I'm Working On A CD Of His Best Acoustic (Just Him And His Guitar) Tracks. I Think A Compilation Of All His Known Released Sides: Musicor, Aurora, Shout, UA & RCA Added With The Sides He Released Under Other Names Or Added Prominent Counter Lead Or Backing Vocals Will Most Likely Be Next Up. Most People Don't Know About Those Latter Tracks And Are Often Amazed To Hear Of His Involvement. Case In Point Is The Big Northern Record "Cover Girl" - "Progress" From Carl Spencer (One Of Jimmy's Many Writing Partners) Features His Backing Vocals On "Progress".

Will Keep You Posted As To The 'Progress' I'm Making Getting These Discs Out.

Cheers

Chris

Social source share

A compilation of his released stuff and his colaborations would be wonderful :thumbsup:

I'm sure there could be a few unreleased tracks in there too :thumbup: ............................eh Chris ???

Cheers Paul

You Know It's True!

Cheers Paul

Social source share

A compilation of his released stuff and his colaborations would be wonderful thumbsup.gif

I'm sure there could be a few unreleased tracks in there too :D ............................eh Chris ???

Cheers Paul

Oh And There Is A Book In The Works That Will Contain Fun Items Like Behind The Scene Stories, Jimmy's Rave Ups And Chart Action, Airline Ticket Stubs, Labour Permit, ect.. From His Promo Tour To Promote "Long After Tonight Is All Over"

post-6943-1194241503_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Hi Chris

Ed

My Reps Have Put This Together... Not The 'Greatest Works' Disc But Pretty Good! Has Jimmy's "This Diamond Ring" And Alternate Takes (Previously Unissued) Of "Long After Tonight", "My Ship", "Forgotten Man" And The Beautiful "What I Want" With Dee Dee Warwick Really High In The Mix.

Can Be Obtained Here:

https://www.mediacreaturestore.com/

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert