Heartbreakers Lead Singer's New Release

Dave Thorley

Butch Williams

'Introducing Butch Williams'

Butch, has recently released this nice southern soul set on his own private pressing. Butch was the lead singer of the Heartbreakers, out of Louisville back in the 70's, known to many for their northern dancer 'I've got to face it', on Derby City.

This CD marks the end of a five year project for Butch to bring his music to market. This has been a labour of love and completely self financed, Butch has been involved in every step of the process and his efforts have produced a fine southern/blues showcase for his talents. He is passionate about keeping the spirit of Louisville R&B alive and has used many local musicians on this recording.

The track of most interest to the European soul fan will be 'Keep on loving me the way that you do', which has a classic southern soul sound, reminicent of 70's Memphis. This is a must buy set that is now available at CD Baby.

Sound clip below

I also have a few copies for sale at £15 inc packaging, email me if your interested davethorley@aol.com

Let's hear your feedback and I will pass it on to Butch

post-3008-1194426917_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

....heard Mick O'Donnell play this on his excellent Soul Discovery show on Sunday last. fantastic track, would love to see a 7" release :D

Thanx for the info on Butch, nice one Dave

steve

I'm in the process of working out a deal with Butch as we speak :D . Does show that great old school soul is still being made in 2007.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Hello Dave,

Your taste is improving! :ohmy:

An edit of "Keep On Lovin' Me The Way You Do" could make a nice 45, although it isn't the best track on the album. It's nice to hear a real band playing well.

By the way, the album is available for download on napster for £7.95

Best regards,

Paul

www.millbrand.com

Social source share

Hello Dave,

Your taste is improving! :ohmy:

An edit of "Keep On Lovin' Me The Way You Do" could make a nice 45, although it isn't the best track on the album. It's nice to hear a real band playing well.

By the way, the album is available for download on napster for £7.95

Best regards,

Paul

www.millbrand.com

Hi Paul

You maybe right, the Bensonesq ballad 'Forever more' is really nice or 'Since I fell for you', but this maybe a bit to jazzy for the soul market.

But when he first played the rough demo's of all the tracks five years ago, I thought 'Keep On Lovin' Me The Way You Do' was the track that was most playable. Sadly there are few outlets these days for nice ballads and with out radio or club play it ain't gonna sell. I wanted to release the track back then, but Butch has his own way of doing things and he won't be rushed. But we are making progress to seeing it's release.

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert