Holly Maxwell "don't Say You Love Me" On Star

boba

I just got this record from a dealer who unfortunately 'polishes' his records. When I play this it sounds sort of muffled, like it was recorded with low fidelity. I was wondering if anyone else who has this record could tell me if all copies play like this or if it is because of the 'polishing' on my record. Thanks.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I just got this record from a dealer who unfortunately 'polishes' his records. When I play this it sounds sort of muffled, like it was recorded with low fidelity. I was wondering if anyone else who has this record could tell me if all copies play like this or if it is because of the 'polishing' on my record. Thanks.

Mine plays clear not muffled at all

Social source share

Mine plays clear not muffled at all

thanks a lot. After playing it I noticed all this gunk was on my needle. It plays better (still slightly muffled) after a few plays after cleaning my needle after each play. I'm so tired of dealing with shady record dealers (the majority of them, there's no way to avoid them). Record polishing the worst.

Social source share

thanks a lot. After playing it I noticed all this gunk was on my needle. It plays better (still slightly muffled) after a few plays after cleaning my needle after each play. I'm so tired of dealing with shady record dealers (the majority of them, there's no way to avoid them). Record polishing the worst.

Definately a shady practise, thought it'd peaked a few years back, but there are probably a lot of polished turds lurking out there!

Social source share

clean with a stiff tooth brush and neat good washing up liquid

repeat with slow running water

then play

should sort

that 2 beers you owe me :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!