Search: Sugarpie Desanto Tracks

Guest MrHeartbreak

Guest MrHeartbreak

I try it here again. I´m a huge fan of the Chicago based SugarPie Desanto and I´m looking for further tracks by her from her Chess time like "Mr & Mrs", "Never love a stranger", "The twelfth og never" and "It´s not for me to say" (the last two tracks features on her Checker Debut album "SugarPie".

Further I´m very interesting of her B-Side of "Do the woo-pee", I think this track calls "Get steppin" or maybe "Steppin out" I don´t know this for sure. But the single was recording on the Brunswick label.

And then I look for her two Soul clock singles on CD is only "My illusions" I search for the B-side "Maybe I´m a fool" and her second single "The feeling´s too strong/ Be happy".

It would be a great pleasure for me that I get a chance to find someone who has vinyl copies in good conditions.

Thank you so much for any help

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Further I´m very interesting of her B-Side of "Do the woo-pee", I think this track calls "Get steppin" or maybe "Steppin out" I don´t know this for sure. But the single was recording on the Brunswick label.

For reference, she had x2 Brunswick 45's issued in Japan, one being 'Do the whoopie' / 'Get to steppin''.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

'Get To Steppin' is a slower, bluesy one, 'Do The Whoo-Pie' is the better side i think.

personally am after one of hers on Veltone - #108, if anyone can help with a copy (#103 "I Want To Know" turns up all the time)

I wanna`know = post-1986-1201626886_thumb.jpgpost-1986-1201626915_thumb.jpg

Add this too!!post-1986-1201626968_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I try it here again. I´m a huge fan of the Chicago based SugarPie Desanto and I´m looking for further tracks by her from her Chess time like "Mr & Mrs", "Never love a stranger", "The twelfth og never" and "It´s not for me to say" (the last two tracks features on her Checker Debut album "SugarPie".

And then I look for her two Soul clock singles on CD is only "My illusions" I search for the B-side "Maybe I´m a fool" and her second single "The feeling´s too strong/ Be happy".

It would be a great pleasure for me that I get a chance to find someone who has vinyl copies in good conditions.

Thank you so much for any help

pm'd you :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest MrHeartbreak

I would be very happy for a copy of "Get steppin" it would for me a great pleasure to get it. Bro I have write you please be so kind and check your inbox.

And when you have any wishes please let me know maybe I can help you, I have a great soul female collection biggrin.gif

Thank you so much for all supports and helps

Social source share

Guest MrHeartbreak

I would be very happy for a copy of "Get steppin" it would for me a great pleasure to get it. Bro I have write you please be so kind and check your inbox.

And when you have any wishes please let me know maybe I can help you, I have a great soul female collection :thumbup:

Thank you so much for all supports and helps

And then there is another question which I have, I would like to know if there is somebody who knows when the track "Enemy" was released. This track contains in the album "SugarPie is salty" and I know that "Hello San Fransisco" (two parts) were recorded in the early seventies. I nmy opinion and for my ears "Enemy" must recording around the same time please let me know if I am right or wrong, thanks very much.

Social source share

Source Advert