Houston Outlaws-ain't No Telling

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

REMEMBER CASTLE RECORDS(john powney)HAD IT ON HIS LIST ONCE FOR £30, THAT WAS ABOUT 5+YEARS AGO.GONE WHEN I PHONED FOR IT,SHOCK.1ST HEARD IT ABOUT THEN.SURE I READ IT WAS ON R/SERLINGS PLAY LIST AT WIGAN? :D

link

Heard Sam playing it at the 100 club last year and now a big play for Keith Money, christ SEPIA 30 quid!, how much return for that now?! :D:rolleyes:

Social source share

THINK I HEARD IT OFF A TED MASSEY OR SHIFTY TAPE.£3-400 NOW.SEEMS 2 B A FEW TURNED UP NOW.SO MANY GOOD RECORDS WERE AROUND THE £30 MARK IN THE LATE 90s.ALL GONE SILLY NOW.I JUST COLLECT SEMI KNOWN X-OVER & 70s BETWEEN £15-50 NOW.1s 4 THE FUTURE.ITS A NEW LEASE OF LIFE 4 ME.STILL THOUSANDS 2 LISTEN 2.KEEP ME GOIN 4 THE NXT FEW YEARS :rolleyes:

Social source share

What price did my fave record of the moment go for when it was first discovered, who played it out first (Sam?) and what do you think of it on the forum, thank goodness I downloaded it from the much missed KTF website! :rolleyes:

link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the Houston Outlaws, when Kev Barret came over from Canada

15 years ago and moved around the corner from me he bought with him most of the soul stock from W.S.A.Y Radio Station , I went through it with him pricing

the 45,s up in among the thousands of 45,s where around a dozen copies of

H.Outlaws a 45 I had never heard played out I started using it in my DJ spots and put it on tape for several well known soulies / DJ,s also there where around the same number of copies O.C Smith -Easy Street another 45 I had not heard before same thing played it out dj,ing and put on the same tape other unknown 45,s

that came from Kevs WSAY find where T.C LEE & The Bricklayers--Up & Down

and Helen Troy--I think I Love You both played out by me 15 years ago

and put on the same tape there where many other semi / unkown 45, that we found going through the boxes of 45,s also some great known bits loads of copies

of the Hurt--Freddie North--Johnnie Bartell-If This isn Love some really nice

Detroit 45,s Steve Mancha--Did my Baby Call , Melvin Davis ect ect some great Chicago & Philly , New York 45,s wow the list goes on it was a good find !

Regards Ian Cunliffe

Social source share

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the Houston Outlaws, when Kev Barret came over from Canada

15 years ago and moved around the corner from me he bought with him most of the soul stock from W.S.A.Y Radio Station , I went through it with him pricing

the 45,s up in among the thousands of 45,s where around a dozen copies of

H.Outlaws a 45 I had never heard played out I started using it in my DJ spots and put it on tape for several well known soulies / DJ,s also there where around the same number of copies O.C Smith -Easy Street another 45 I had not heard before same thing played it out dj,ing and put on the same tape other unknown 45,s

that came from Kevs WSAY find where T.C LEE & The Bricklayers--Up & Down

and Helen Troy--I think I Love You  both played out by me 15 years ago

and put on the same tape there where many other semi / unkown 45, that we found going through the boxes of 45,s also some great known bits loads of copies

of the Hurt--Freddie North--Johnnie Bartell-If This isn Love some really nice

Detroit 45,s Steve Mancha--Did my Baby Call , Melvin Davis ect ect some great Chicago & Philly , New York 45,s wow the list goes on it was a good find !

Regards Ian Cunliffe

link

You lucky person you! :rolleyes::D

Social source share

IANCSLOFT

SOME FIND THAT.U MENTIOND HELEN TROY & J/BARTTEL.I GOT MY HELEN TROY OFF FORTNUM&SPENCER LIST IN THE 90s.MY MATE THEN GOT 1 FROM THE STATES WITH A DIFF KAPP DESIGN,THEN SAW ANOTHER DIFF KAPP DESIGN ON COVER OF SHADES OF SOUL MAG.3DIFF DESIGNS OF A SO CALLED RARE 45. ALSO SEEN 3 SLIGHTLY DIFF DESIGNS ON J/BARTTELL 45.CANT REMEMBER WHAT THEY WERE.SOMETHING 2DO WITH THE $$ SIGNS ON THEM?.WEIRD. :rolleyes:

Social source share

IANCSLOFT

SOME FIND THAT.U MENTIOND HELEN TROY & J/BARTTEL.I GOT MY HELEN TROY OFF FORTNUM&SPENCER LIST IN THE 90s.MY MATE THEN GOT 1 FROM THE STATES WITH A DIFF KAPP DESIGN,THEN SAW ANOTHER DIFF KAPP DESIGN ON COVER OF SHADES OF SOUL MAG.3DIFF DESIGNS OF A SO CALLED RARE 45. ALSO SEEN 3 SLIGHTLY DIFF DESIGNS ON J/BARTTELL 45.CANT REMEMBER WHAT THEY WERE.SOMETHING 2DO WITH THE $$ SIGNS ON THEM?.WEIRD. :rolleyes:

link

================================================

The Helen Troy 45 which came from Kevs find i sold around 1990 -91

to a guy from London one of Flynny,s & Irish Greggs mates I think ! the copy I have now is a Canadian issue dark red..

Regards Ian C

Social source share

================================================

The Helen Troy 45 which came from Kevs find i sold around 1990 -91

to a guy from London one of Flynny,s & Irish Greggs mates I think ! the copy I have now is a Canadian issue dark red..

Regards Ian C

link

===============================================

Chris Dale was the guy I sold the copy out of Kevs find to ,the old memory

cells have just kicked in :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!